U2: Virtual Road to launch on YouTube Wednesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, this is a boring thread. another tough season for the resident haters.

anyways, the lakers have won their last two games. once again, the silence here is deafening.

Last edited:
There really seems to be a bit of a hive in here.
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Mofo looks and sounds amazing. Would be good if they left these up on their channel because its not like we can buy the hi-def remastered versions anywhere?? Can’t see me staying up for the 02:40 premiere somehow!

Last edited:
God this looks great. I missed this tour bc I snapped my femur in half right before they came here. Bought a bootleg about a year later and finally saw it on VHS in probably ‘01. To me this is the peak. Absurdly huge show, incredible set list and vocals.

I’m watching it now. It looks and sounds great. I have a weird attachment to this era because from 92-95 my U2 fanaticism was at its peak.. then the late 90s happened and I started to feel indifferent about the band. But man, I love the POP album.

I mean - this show is great despite Bono’s voice.

He sounds strained and whiney all show, he can’t unleash. Notoriously difficult time for him as a vocalist and it shows.

Probably has some of his better guitar moments on Desire, SATS and One.

But then you had PopMart Leeds where Bono’s voice was epic. The opening few songs of the Sarajevo show were crazy off the charts as well but that ended badly of course. I love the Sarajevo show for Edge’s improvised lead vocals.

Thanks for that. Everything I tried either downgraded or was time limited. Most videos work, but these were copy protected. Hope someone managed to grab slane.

If one has the DVD already, is this a major upgrade?

I'm downloading the rips posted by @songsofu2 :)applaud:) so will check against the DVD rip I made, but I expect it to be significantly better on a large, modern TV if the Mofo video they posted is anything to go by. I thought the audio was very crisp too.

it's been at least a decade since i watched the popmart DVD, but having just skipped around the video in the link posted by songsofu2 it seems to me that it's definitely an instantly noticeable and major upgrade in quality. saving the full thing to watch later tonight, thanks to the person who posted it and welcome to the forum too i guess lol. :up:

Upgrade is an understatement for all of them. It’s not quite blu ray (that would involve some painstaking remastering and cleaning) but it is a significant jump.

VHS to DVD was a bit improvement. The DVD to this is a bigger shift for all three so far.

That’s great to hear. Subscribed to a month of Showtime just to be able to tape the show when it first aired. Still have the tape! (And the official VHS... and the DVD)

PopMart had by far the best mix of new and old U2 songs.

They didn't just thrust the new songs together at the start and then move on, maybe to return to one for the encore.

They interspersed them throughout the show in the appropriate spots, and made it all work thematically. Even the placement of, say, Pride and Still Haven't Found... middle of the first set, not just crammed together with Streets or in the encore.

It really was a tremendous production, fake muscle shirt aside.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom