U2 rehearsals in Torino part VI: Full aug 3 update + aug 4 as it happens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You, Ax!

And another fantastic job with all of the updates!!:up::up:

I am glad that you agreed with what I was saying, your set list views carry a lot of weight around here!

@LastUnicorn, I am not a snob fan who thinks I own U2.

You are projecting something on to me that I have never, ever said.

I am just expressing my opinion that a different set of songs would work much better.

They have been and always will be my favorite band, I would never sit down at a show in protest or not enjoy a show because of the set list. There are much bigger things, both with U2 and with real life.

They mean a lot to me and have helped me through a lot in life, just as they have with you. The only one coming across as entitled and in need of a reality check here is you.

I have said many times that I know they have to please casual fans, U2's mass appeal is a huge part of who they are. I always make clear that being big and relevant and well known need not conflict with having some other songs in the setlist- remember War? JT? UF? R&H studio tracks?

Well known, popular, mass appeal, and also better than moles digging in holes with souls!

I am here calling for a bunch of Joshua Tree, some more 80s classics and some high energy 90s rockers to fit the claw and that makes me some die hard snob asking for obscure numbers like Slug, Salome, Blow Your House Down, Street Mission and Drunk Chicken?

Please tell me where you get this logic.

@ClaytonsKitten, I couldn't agree more! JT is in need of some serious love, and playing the entire album would be awesome next tour. For now, I'd just settle for In God's Country or Exit. Next tour, they should take the pressure off of releasing new material and do as you suggested- play a few new songs, some hits then come back with the full JT. Other nights, do the full War, UF and AB albums. Zooropa and Pop sadly wouldn't work, NLOTH is a possibility, Bomb, no and ATYCLB already gets the entire album this tour so no again!

VintagePunk said this:

Like or dislike the setlist, I don't see how anyone could call it balanced. There's nothing pre-war, one song from War, and one song from TUF(I don't count MLK, its barely more than a snippet). I don't expect them to retire every warhorse, but there are some other substitutions they could make. And leaving off NLOTH material is very disappointing- esp NLOTH(the song) one that had a great audience response last year.

And that is one of the best insights/take away points of this thread.

That would be making the point much better and more coherently/concisely than I could!

hey L:wave:

I fianlly have wireless on the computer my sib gave me when she updated. Got an card put in yesterday.

At home i'm using some one esle's signal, just started last night...so i do''t know how long that will last.

In like Nov after the a/c bills have been paid off....i'll try to find a deccent deal.

I just couldn't not have the xtra flexibility to follow this tour .

I've been looking up the stay open late Starbucks. I'm in an AU bon pan now!

The battery is a bunch of years.... it goes into sleep mode aftere about 40 mins so i don't havce much time in the wired up parks.....

! then I it lug to a cafe etc place!

but i'm SO HAPPY i can have more opportunity to see stuff, hear stuff and read & post now!:hyper::rockon:

Turin Setlist Opening Night 360 Tour 2010:

1. Beautiful Day
2. Elevation
3. Kite
4. IALW
5. Man and a Woman
6. Stuck Inside a Moment
7. New York
8. Crumbs from your table
9. Grace/No Line On the Horizon (snippet)
10. Vertigo
11. COBL
12. Wild Honey
13. Peace on Earth
14. New song about Glasto
15. Yaweh/One (snippet)
16. Miracle Drug
17. Elevation
18. All because of You
19. Original of the Species

Encore:

(space baby intro)
21.Elevation
22.WOWY
23. Walk On

Turin Setlist Opening Night 360 Tour 2010:

1. Beautiful Day
2. Elevation
3. Kite
4. IALW
5. Man and a Woman
6. Stuck Inside a Moment
7. New York
8. Crumbs from your table
9. Grace/No Line On the Horizon (snippet)
10. Vertigo
11. COBL
12. Wild Honey
13. Peace on Earth
14. When I look at the World
15. Yaweh/One (snippet)
16. Miracle Drug
17. Elevation
18. All because of You
19. Original of the Species

Encore:

(space baby intro)
21.Elevation
22.WOWY
23. Walk On

The Joshua Tree is over represented for an album that came out 23 years ago

L-O-L!!!.....Sunday night, everybody were checking their bank account to see if they had enough money to fly to Turin after hearing HMTMKMKM,...now they want to teach the band how to make a proper setlist.

Again..LOL

:wink:

you guys are getting funny again. funny is better than pissed off at each other. :up:

After listening to the intro, I don't think we can call Beautiful Day the opener. That new song is really the opener... though, I must say, Space Oddity->New Song->Beautiful Day sounds rather awkward.

However, the fact that they're opening with a totally new song is pretty effin' awesome. And I actually like how this one sounds.

Zooropa Baby with Elevation to start the encore sound awesome actually. Kinda fits the whole time and space, liftoff, etc. :hmm:

But then that means no HMTM so never mind.

well I'd nearly faint if I heard IGC live again or Exit!

I'd love to hear LNOE or Dirty Day and don't get me started about hearing Zooropa ( the song) :ohmy::ohmy:

well possibly gloria? that'd be won derful

I'm not that big a fon of Boy or Oct--- but it's the few songs for me from those 2 albums that were so great, plus a live Marquee club ( London) review back in Fall '80 that kept me very intersted and hopeful for them.

It was War that really did it for me as an over all recording!

But wow I'd LOVE to hear ( ad i bet The Claw would rock out lightinng wise :wink: )to "I Threw A Brick" OMG!!!! *fans self*:lol:

and a sort ofhome coming? hand me the smelling salts!:D

After listening to the intro, I don't think we can call Beautiful Day the opener. That new song is really the opener... though, I must say, Space Oddity->New Song->Beautiful Day sounds rather awkward.

However, the fact that they're opening with a totally new song is pretty effin' awesome. And I actually like how this one sounds.

Can we really call it a new song with just Bono yelling the name of the city? I do like the music though.

I love BD, but why are they opening with it? Lol why not play Soon over the PA and then start with that new song? Just my opinion :hmm:

I like that they play BD alot. I love the song. But if they want to open a show with a well-known song to get the crowd pumped from the get go, then why not just use Elevation. It was the better opener during that tour. Do they not want to use an opener they have done before? Can they not think of a good place to put BD later in the set?

i really like BD....and i could se it as the opener for the Turin show as in...
......it IS a Beautiful Day ( ok, so it's at night- quibblers :tsk: :wink:) that they (Bono) have been able to make it back to touring period!:yes:

dazzledbylight; said:
i really like BD....and i could se it as the opener for the Turin show as in...
......it IS a Beautiful Day ( ok, so it's at night- quibblers :tsk: :wink:) that they (Bono) have been able to make it back to touring period!:yes:

Now that makes sense :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom