U2 rehearsals in Torino part VI: Full aug 3 update + aug 4 as it happens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do U2 play is so safe?

Why can't they play while flying around in jetpacks, they can afford it.

I mean railings on the bridges? Seriously Bono?

And why do they play so many fucking U2 songs? Why not stir it up a little and throw some Metallica in there for those metal heads? Why are they always trying to please U2 fans from throughout their career?

Bulllshit, right?

And why are they playing new songs no one has ever heard? Are they trying to pretend they're in 1984 or something?

Sellouts...:rant:

Oh hell. That'd be the funniest thing in ages. I'd pay for footage of that. :lol:

They could do a segueway into it from the Crazy Tonight remix. When they play LA, Paula could do a duet guest appearence and her and Bono could go back and forth on the bridges (two steps forward, two back). It would be the highlight of the tour!! :lol:

I wonder if they're rehearsing Beautiful Day as the opener to throw us all off. And they actually open with a new song!:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

It was just a rehearsal? Some people must love Elevation, In A Little While? Miss Sorry I I Forgot To Call It Intermission?

I would trade any of these for Bad, for just a little more shakeup to the makeup.

A long way from East Lansing still.

Why do U2 play is so safe?

Why can't they play while flying around in jetpacks, they can afford it.

I mean railings on the bridges? Seriously Bono?

And why do they play so many fucking U2 songs? Why not stir it up a little and throw some Metallica in there for those metal heads? Why are they always trying to please U2 fans from throughout their career?

Bulllshit, right?

And why are they playing new songs no one has ever heard? Are they trying to pretend they're in 1984 or something?

Sellouts...:rant:

:up: I agree, they should use jet packs! That is what the intro is missing!!

This tour isn't awful, just not one of their best setlist wise. People can have logical opinions on that. :shrug:

They could do a segueway into it from the Crazy Tonight remix. When they play LA, Paula could do a duet guest appearence and her and Bono could go back and forth on the bridges (two steps forward, two back). It would be the highlight of the tour!! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

They could stream it live on a night of American Idol. No, wait...she left, didn't she? :doh:

It was just a rehearsal? Some people must love Elevation, In A Little While? Miss Sorry I I Forgot To Call It Intermission?

I would trade any of these for Bad, for just a little more shakeup to the makeup.

A long way from East Lansing still.

E. Lansing? I'll be there!! And yeah, too long of a wait for my liking. Oh well, better than no show!

But if you are touring to support your latest release, you should be playing more than 4 songs from it. Just saying. The other songs were featured on their tours (ATYCLB, HTDAAB,...). Bring some old 80s & 90s songs into the mix, even if you rotate them in & out. :shrug:

I 100% agree with this. It would still be great to have UC and NLOTH on the setlist. Then rotate one of the NLOTH (album) songs and ATYCLB and HTDAAB songs out when you start learning/playing stuff from the new album.

Also... one or more of the 'new' songs might be from the next album or might be from the Spiderman soundtrack. Just a thought.

(BTW: Dallas had very positive things to say about the Spiderman songs. And as he brought up the songs and not me... I don't think that was just lipservice to the project)

HA! everyone complains about the set list because we all have favourite albums and songs. For me, IALW is one of my all time fav songs, Bono sounds amazing singing it, HMTMKMKM is another so i am grinning from ear to ear.
Would love to hear NLOTH cause i love that song, but UC... not thanks. Unforgettable Fire? YAWN. One YAWN. MLK YAWN. Elevation YES!
I don't care what im seeing, as long at its u2.... and nothing is ever going to be perfect, because we all have different opinions!

And to be honest for A LOT of fans Beautiful Day is U2's most famouse song, for the yonger ones especially...who are not huge fans, Beautiful Day was bloody everywhere, pure saturation...so it doesn't suprise me they chose it (its one of my least favs though)

And to be honest for A LOT of fans Beautiful Day is U2's most famouse song, for the yonger ones especially...who are not huge fans, Beautiful Day was bloody everywhere, pure saturation...so it doesn't suprise me they chose it (its one of my least favs though)

Oh for sure, that is why they are doing it. The stadium is going to erupt when they open with it. I get why, I just was hoping for something a tad more creative.

I like that they play BD alot. I love the song. But if they want to open a show with a well-known song to get the crowd pumped from the get go, then why not just use Elevation. It was the better opener during that tour. Do they not want to use an opener they have done before? Can they not think of a good place to put BD later in the set?

People can have logical opinions on that. :shrug:

At this stage?

I'm not sure that's responsible...:shrug:

Don't we remember how we thought we had the setlist figured out due to what we heard from Barcelona rehearsals, and then bam, come to find out U2 were also rehearsing somewhere else and brought out some surprises.

At this stage?

I'm not sure that's responsible...:shrug:

Don't we remember how we thought we had the setlist figured out due to what we heard from Barcelona rehearsals, and then bam, come to find out U2 were also rehearsing somewhere else and brought out some surprises.

Actually, some of the Barcelona rehearsal lists were better in ways. :shrug: That was the opening of a tour also. This is sort of, but not really. So it is different. What was played tonight is the setlist they are considering, can that change? For sure, but other than playing a new song, there is nothing that is earth shattering. HMTMKMKM would be outstanding for me if it would not appear to have been at the expense of Ultraviolet. Then to rehash Miss Sarajevo again, why????? Its not a crowd pleaser, its a restroom break for a lot of the audience. They must just like playing it I guess.

Like I said, I don't hate the tour, but even prior to this I thought the setlist was mediocre both in content and pacing. My hope was that they would tweak it and make it somewhat better in either category if not both. I think they have tweaked it in some wrong directions. It will still be a great show and like I said before I can't wait to see them. I know there is no way to please everyone but they have done a better job setlist wise on prior tours. Just my opinion, I'm sure there are some that think this is the best they have done. Judging by the comments I have seen here and elsewhere though I don't think I'm in the minority on my opinion.

Maybe they are hoping to read our bitching and critiques and will adjust accordingly like we are their focus group. One tweak here or there and its great. Drop Miss Sarajevo for UV and maybe EBTTRT and we're golden. Bad instead of....anything.

The bitching is just hilarious. Come on, U2 is gonna play an unreleased song and some rarities and people are complaining.:lol:

The bitching is just hilarious. Come on, U2 is gonna play an unreleased song and some rarities and people are complaining.:lol:

i gotta tend to agree with this. i think U2 playing a new song is the gutsiest thing they've done in at least a decade, and it completely outweighs anything else at this point. i'm just going to enjoy the ride. :up:

There are reports the band will use this song as the opener:

Miami!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what would this place be without rehearsal setlist bitching? Me thinks if this stopped the world would stop turning.. and we all would fall off cuz the world is flat you know.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom