U2 on TV!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
Okay, a couple of days ago I got a VH1 newletter in my mailbox with some essential U2 info...so I decided to do a search and find out when the boys will be on...and here are the results. It's so encouraging to see our boys all over the place like this!

2/19/02 10pmET VH1 Greatest Rock and Roll TV Moments: The Grammys
"Showcases the greatest performances in Grammy history - and the stories behind them. From Milli Vanilli's infamous lip-synched fiasco to to Ricky Martin's spectacular Grammy debut, VH1 has it all. The show combines artist and critic interviews with the performances themselves, plus red-carpet and backstage footage from the archives of TV's Entertainment Tonight. These are the stories - and the performances - that made music history. Features Eric Clapton, Aretha Franklin, Bono, Tina Turner and more."

02/21/02 7pmET VH1 Grammy All Stars Live on VH1
"The Grammy competition is fierce and some of VH1's favorite artists are going for those little golden awards. They are hot and we've had 'em here on VH1. We're honoring the Grammy All Stars with a look back at some of their live performances from the past year on VH1. Lenny at the Fashion Awards, Train Storytellers, U2 from Elevation Live, Mary J. from MVMAs, India from MVMA pre-show, etc. Tannaz will take us through the performances and give us great Grammy facts, nomination info, etc. The artists will appear during the performances to talk about the nominations, songs and albums."

02/21/02 10pmET VH1 Deeper With No Doubt
"They're one of the biggest success stories in the short history of alternative rock. No Doubt earned their fame with a catchy mix of punk, ska and pop, an "it girl" lead singer, slick videos and a giant hit inspired by the near-breakup of the band. No longer alternative darlings but established pop stars-and very much "grown up" six years after hitting it big-No Doubt allowed VH1 to tag along on their recent tour opening for U2. Alison Stewart captured what life on the road is like for this close-knit band of childhood friends-their rituals, their interaction with fans, and how they relate to each other traveling in a cramped tour bus across the country. VH1 cameras followed the band from their downtime during the day, to the pre-show pep talk below the stage that ends with the rallying cry, "1-2-3, No Doubt!!!" to the afterglow of the post-show party. The show also provides an inside look at the recording of their latest album, Rock Steady, in Jamaica. In more quiet moments away from the madness of touring, Deeper With No Doubt paints the picture of four down-to-earth 30-somethings who happen to be rock stars but have maintained perspective, as well as the bond that began when they were teenagers. Gwen, Tony, Adrian and Tom let their guard down, and gave us a genuine glimpse of what they're like outside the context of No Doubt. They weren't afraid to show that they can be wide-eyed music fans, too (especially when it comes to hanging with U2). And they didn't hesitate to reveal their most intimate tour habits-sometimes a little too intimate. In Deeper With No Doubt, we hear the band's thoughts on life, love and family - Gwen even talked about the prospect of having children."

02/22/02 4pmET VH1 Greatest TV Moments: The Grammys

02/22/02 6pmET VH1 Deeper With No Doubt

02/22/02 9pmET VH1 Grammy All Stars Live on VH1

02/23/02 12amET VH1 Legends: U2

"Profile of U2 chronicles the group from their beginning through their success as one of the most globally popular rock groups; the band discusses their rise to fame and fortune."

02/23/02 1pmET VH1 Grammy All Stars Live on VH1

02/23/02 5pmET VH1 Deeper With No Doubt

02/23/02 9pmET VH1 Greatest TV Moments: The Grammys

02/24/02 12:30amET VH1 Grammy All Stars Live on VH1

And of course

THE GRAMMYS!

02/27/02 8pmET CBS The Grammy Awards

So much U2, I think it's incredible!

*hippy goes to set the VCR
smile.gif

------------------
And love is not the easy thing...the only baggage you can bring is all that you can't leave behind.

BONO: FOAD, Lawrence. Just FOAD. (LOL, Mona)

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Originally posted by hippyactress:

2/19/02 10pmET VH1 Greatest Rock and Roll TV Moments: The Grammys
"Showcases the greatest performances in Grammy history - Bono"

Mmmmmm, will this be when he did whatever for Frank and looked positively fucking EDIBLE when he did it? (I hope, I hope.)

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
They're also on 60 Minutes II on the 20th according to my TiVo guide.

Thanks!

------------------
"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Okay, now that we know the program name and the time...I have a really dumb question...

What station is it on?

(Forgive me, I don't watch tv except when the boys are on
smile.gif
)

------------------
"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Okay, now that we know the program name and the time...I have a really dumb question...

What station is it on?

(Forgive me, I don't watch tv except when the boys are on
smile.gif
)

It's CBS.

[This message has been edited by ramblin rose (edited 02-18-2002).]

Originally posted by martha:
Mmmmmm, will this be when he did whatever for Frank and looked positively fucking EDIBLE when he did it? (I hope, I hope.)

That's what I'm hoping, martha! Mmmm...Bonolicious!

Grrr... I had a feeling they would only show a baby bit of Bono so I watched the first 5 minutes, and taped the rest instead of sitting in front of my tv for an hour... forget Ricky Martin, gimme more Bono!

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

And now begins a wonderful week of U2 viewing leading up to the major event!

biggrin.gif

------------------

LADIES LADIES!!!!

Update! Just recieved this in an e-mail:

FEB 27

CBS & VH1 Grammy Countdown Live
?CBS & VH1 Grammy Countdown? will cover all the early evening hoopla that precedes the glittering Grammy Awards presentations, including highlights of Grammy rehearsals. The host and correspondents will also be on hand for the exciting red-carpet arrivals and interviews, celebrity interviews, and predications of who?s going home happy and who is going to be disappointed.
Premieres from 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM

VH1 Grammy Post Show
VH1's hour-long "Grammy Awards Post-Show" will air live, featuring interviews from our special one-on-one room at the Staples Center and party coverage with our correspondents.
Premieres from 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM

Girls, this means that we can have 5 and a half hours of Grammy coverage!
biggrin.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Question...

Does anyone know how long the TVs Greatest Moments: The Grammys show is on for?

I think it's an hour...but I need to set the VCR and was wondering if anyone knew for sure how long it is...don't want to lost half cause I'm stupid
biggrin.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Back
Top Bottom