U2 on SNL Season premiere?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now, the most interesting question is which version of Crazy they'll play... somehow, I can't picture the remix in anything smaller than a stadium, but I also can't picture them playing the album version again this album/tour cycle (although I do expect the album version of Crazy to be played on any subsequent arena tours). The single does need promoting, though, and the mainstream has reacted well (in terms of reviews) towards Crazy, so I'd lean towards the album version being played.

they should play breathe if they are likely to release it as a single. please no boots, vertigo, beautiful day. magnificent will be a given. wont it?

As far as what I would like to think they might play:

1. NLOTH
2. Magnificent
3. Breathe

Crazy Tonight can kiss my ass.

Yeah, I thought of that, too, but they played BD to death on the promo tour, and with Vertigo, they might get some... variety?

The two songs were done an equal amount of times on the promo tour, so I think it's a much of a muchness. I'd love them to do something a bit less predictable, though. I mean, come on U2, audiences will eat up MW or something.

Now, the most interesting question is which version of Crazy they'll play... somehow, I can't picture the remix in anything smaller than a stadium, but I also can't picture them playing the album version again this album/tour cycle (although I do expect the album version of Crazy to be played on any subsequent arena tours). The single does need promoting, though, and the mainstream has reacted well (in terms of reviews) towards Crazy, so I'd lean towards the album version being played.

My money's on the album version of Crazy, since that's the single and everything.

The remix would fucking slay, though. It's the only way the song should be played.

This is not a novel thought but I think to 'expose' their new music they would be best suited:
1-To avoid Boots and certainly Vertigo altogether
2-To not play something 'too difficult' (this is relative to U2, guys).
3-To play at least 2 new songs (obvious, right?).

So yeah, (2 of these) Breathe, Magnificent and Crazy
and a classic that they aren't totally sick of playing.
New Years Day or Still Haven't Found would be good choices, IMO.

I doubt they try to sell a general audience on something that isn't sounding really catchy or really U2-ey.

breathe
crazy tonight (blackberry commercial edit)

book it

-dan

Crazy Tonight (album version)
Breathe

If they play three songs, then I say #3 will be Beautiful Day.

:hmm:

Vertigo
Sometimes
I Will Follow in 2004 * though most bands only play 2 songs

In 2000 it was BD and Elevation.

It seems the idea is the big lead single (BD/Vertigo), the popular live song (Elevation/Sometimes).

So it'll probably be Crazy - the new single/popular live song and the lead single Boots. By now Magnificent is old news, and Breathe may not take the place of Boots. Though a combo of the remix Crazy and Breathe would be :up:

why in the heck would they play Boots? I would think they move away from that song and do as others have suggested, Breathe, Crazy, and maybe BD sounds par for the course.

I'm half-wondering whether Disappearing Act will be a possibility, actually.

I'm half-wondering whether Disappearing Act will be a possibility, actually.

Y'know.. opening with Crazy, following with anything else.. Magnificent, Breathe, BD, whatever'll keep the crowd going.. and then playing the show out with Disappearing Act, esp. with how the network loves to cut those closing songs short.. would be perfect.

They could even close with Kingdom, and the buzz would be awesome.

so now we'll have people upset they don't play disappearing act :)

It'll be Crazy, and then probably Breathe or Vertigo.

Back
Top Bottom