u2 On Radio 1's Live Lounge 27th Feb - U2 at BBC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, to me more U2 fans= more happy people, so that's good :D

I'll get tickets for the tour either way, never failed to see a U2 show when I've wanted to:up: (but it does require dedication)

U2s Radio 1 performance

The Radio 1 performance this friday will be able to be watched at will for 7 days after it happens. Just press the red button on any digital BBC channel. GREAT NEWS.....as i didnt realise it was being filmed:drool::drool::drool:

Ok, regarding the Culture Show tonight, is there a way to watch online? I have TV but I'd rather stay in my room and watch on my computer.

No it isn't government owned, we as Uk residents have to pay for a TV liscence for the BBC. They say it is a waste of our money to give U2 free publicity.

I think it works both ways. BBC are in the doggy doo doo anyway, for one reason or another and they are using U2 to gain a bit of credability back, and U2 are using the BBC to get it for nothing. They would have to pay for other channels to give them as much publicity as the Beeb are giving for nothing. That's the argument. Pretty lame to me, but then I am biased :wink:

U2 on TV is more than worth my liscence money, everything else is not :lol:

The problem is it's only a lot if you take the entire BBC as one enterprise (which it is) but in essence you've got

1. The Most Popular Chart and Youth radio station in the country: 1 20 minute interview, 1 hour live set and interview of the Biggest band in the world
2. The Most Popular Adult Contempory radio station in the country: Guests on the Drive time show.
3. Radio 4: 25 minute interview on a low rated What's new in Culture show
4. interview and two song set on the most popular chat show on British TV.
5. 30 minute interview/set on the BBC 2, with an extended repeat.

None of which is really over the top considering U2's size, where the BBC (in light of their new post-IPlayer corporate identity) has got it wrong is selling it as a huge event which builds it bigger than it is, when in actual fact it's not much more than what happened in 2004. It's just now the BBC is so focused on their web-site that every thing has to be interconnected.

TVCatchup - Never Miss A Show Again :)

In an effort to get away from endless Hollyoaks episodes that always seem to be on in our kitchen I found this, pretty useful and a decent range of channels too.

Wow I never knew about this website :ohmy: That's amazing! Thanks, I just registered.

EDIT: Ok, I can't believe this website exists! And it's free! It's got tons of channels I don't get on my TV! Am watching Champions League right now without having to go downstairs and annoy my flatmates!

:sad: So all the BBC employees who are not allowed to enter got them then :sad:

Stalking I will go then!

...Your ISP (TELECOMUNICACOES DE SAO PAULO S.A. - TELESP) does not currently support TVCatchup.
In order for you to use the TVCatchup site for free, your ISP must have a free peering connection with us.
We encourage you to email your ISP’s support department requesting them to set up this free peering connection. Full details of the steps they need to perform are located at TVCatchup - Never Miss A Show Again.
Once your ISP has established the connection, you will be able to watch the full selection of television channels online.
To be notified when your ISP supports TVCatchup, please enter your details below:

Yeah, sorry, it's only for people in the UK. But it's already quite impressive, can watch all UK basic channels live, high quality, for free! So it would be a but too good to be true if people outside could watch it too ;)

Maybe there are some other sites streaming BBC 2? (not legally I presume)

:sad: So all the BBC employees who are not allowed to enter got them then :sad:

Stalking I will go then!

Where did you get this info from?

To be honest I can't see the point in going down with no ticket as it does say no one will get in, we went to TOTP and JR last time in 2004 and the band didnt stop on the way in on either occasion and only briefly late on after the JR taping.
But to all of you going down be lucky!!:up:

Where did you get this info from?

To be honest I can't see the point in going down with no ticket as it does say no one will get in, we went to TOTP and JR last time in 2004 and the band didnt stop on the way in on either occasion and only briefly late on after the JR taping.
But to all of you going down be lucky!!:up:

Oh I forgot to say... My name is Anji, I am an old cynic :wink:

3 of my freinds have also got a no, 3 more to hear from :sad:

Hey everyone...

I feel kinda bad for posting this, but my girlfriend actually won! *iz ded*
I can't believe it, this sort of thing never ever usually happens to me.
I'm genuinely sorry to everyone who didn't win... I just thought you might wanna know that a fan actually won, not just BBC employees or something. If cameras are permitted, we'll take as many pix/vids as we can. *runs away and hopes everyone doesn't throw stuff*

That's great that you won! We're happy at least one Interferencer is going :hyper:

Still haven't heard from any of my 5 friends who registered when I asked them too, so not completely loosing hope yet...

YAY we have a winner :hyper::hyper:

So would your girlfreind mind taking me? :hmm: You hate U2 don't you! :wink:

Oh sorry just read the T&C's

If you do not have a valid ticket please do not come to the event; no ticket, no entry, no blagging.

Foiled again :doh: :lol:

My husband hasn't even got an email :lmao:

So i guess that's a maybe?? :lol:

And before you ask YES i did put in the right email address :wink:

:lol::lol: I am still holding out my sister, who hates U2 won :shifty: And I deffinately used the right address there too :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom