u2 On Radio 1's Live Lounge 27th Feb - U2 at BBC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it isn't government owned, we as Uk residents have to pay for a TV liscence for the BBC. They say it is a waste of our money to give U2 free publicity.

I think it works both ways. BBC are in the doggy doo doo anyway, for one reason or another and they are using U2 to gain a bit of credability back, and U2 are using the BBC to get it for nothing. They would have to pay for other channels to give them as much publicity as the Beeb are giving for nothing. That's the argument. Pretty lame to me, but then I am biased :wink:

U2 on TV is more than worth my liscence money, everything else is not :lol:

okay so people owned . . . forgot about that TV licence thing . . . ta much, tis a little bit clearer now ( I'm such a :der: ) . . . i would imagine though that having the band on would increase their viewing audience somewhat, hence advertisers will be happier to cough up and improve things in that regards yeah?

You might not be able to dl outside of the UK, unless you know how, but it does mean you don't have to worry about it not being recorded.

ta much . . . have no idea how to download unless its as simple as clicking a link ( I'm such a :der: ) but happy to just be able to have a listen once I've listened to the album . . . thanks :)

I wonder if the whole 200 have been notified by now? It'll be a shame if no one from Interference has won! Just wondering whether to give up hope, or if there's been a problem with the emails. Hoping for the latter, haha!

Is anyone gonna attempt to meet them in London in the next few days? Stalkerish but might be worth while! lol.

Hello

We are very sorry you were not randomly selected to receive
tickets for the recording of three live tracks from U2 on Radio 1's Live Lounge.

Almost 18000 people applied so there are quite a few disappointed people.

Remember, you can listen to this event live on Radio 1 or watch it live at BBC - U2 on Friday 27 February from 11am. You can also watch U2 perform at the BBC again at BBC - U2 and on the red button (accessed from any BBC TV channel), any time from Friday evening for 7 days.

Sorry again that you’ve not received tickets.

Thanks

Radio 1

Yep, just got same email saying I didn't get tickets. Big surprise :wink:

Let's see if any of my friends were more lucky...

They shouldnt let U2 on the damn BBC if theyre going to moan afterwards.

Same for anything. Censor, moderate or whatever BEFOREHAND. Dont moan afterward. :rolleyes:

Besides, U2=Really big band, BBC are sure to draw in viewers/listeners for it. Some people want to moan for the sake of moaning sometimes. Im not the type to kiss U2s arse no matter what they do, but I really dont see any problem with what theyre doing, other than fans cant keep up with the amount of programmes. :lol:

A colleague at work registered - just for the hell of it. Not really a fan and all that. What's the betting he got bloody tickets!! :angry:

That's the thing, there are obviously tons of people who registered just for the kick of it, and a totally random allocation will mean probably few real fans will get tickets. I kind of wish we would have had to answer a question at least... or U2.com could have had a few tickets to give away. Oh well.

This is the problem with the Radio 1 competitions, real long time fans don't get a look in. This happened last time at Hanover Quay you would have thought they would have learned from that and done this via the fan sites.

I must say though that there is something good about the fact that probably a lot of random/casual fans will get in, because maybe many of them will have never seen U2 live and will likely come back converted :D

I must say though that there is something good about the fact that probably a lot of random/casual fans will get in, because maybe many of them will have never seen U2 live and will likely come back converted :D

Granted but just think even more "casuals" trying to get concert tickets for the few gigs we will get here in the UK?!! selfish but oh so very true!:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom