U2 Lyrics or Beatles Lyrics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by speedracer:
This is also an excellent point. The Beatles churned out their first six albums + singles in three years, then their next eight in four years (although of those next eight, 1/2 of "Yellow Submarine" and about 1 of the 2 albums of the White Album were just garbage they put out so that they could fulfill their record contract and break up.) So that's 12.5 solid albums in only seven years. U2 has recorded ten albums in 20 years.

yeah but that's because The Beatles didn't TOUR their later albums, which of course gives them more time in the studio.

------------------
I need something strong to distract my mind
I'm gonna look at you 'til my eyes go blind

Take Me...Higher
Macphisto: Try A Taste Of Martini

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

Once there was a way to get back homeward
Once there was a way to get back home
Sleep pretty darling do not cry
And I will sing a lullabye

Golden slumbers fill your eyes
Smiles awake you when you rise

Once there was a way to get back homeward
Once there was a way to get back home

Originally posted by stefananny:
My two absolute favourite bands. They may share a few similarities but in my mind they each stand alone; they're impossible to compare and say this is better than that. Certainly they each tend to evoke different feelings in me but in general U2's lyrics are emotional, passionate, and beautiful to me, while The Beatle's lyrics are wonderfully nostalgic and poetic and trippy in a way that reaches into my very mind and soul. And sometimes they switch roles. And they both have their share of silly stuff that's still just fun to listen to and enjoy.
I find that lyrics in music, like music itself, poetry, art, clothes, food, a lot of things in life are hard for me to compare, because there is just so much variety. I try not to say "this is better than that" because it's just my subjective opinion, coming from the way I see the world. Certainly I have favourite things but I enjoy them for their own merits, and know that not everyone will see them as I do.
smile.gif

I think this is the best anyone has summed it up. She's not arguing. Hell, we all have our favouite songs, we're all biased. Whatever. I like the way stefanny thinks...maybe it's a canadian thing....

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
Which do you think are better? Maybe that's not a fair question to ask, seeing as Beatles career is over but U2 aren't... oh well gonna ask anyway!

I think Bono has written some beautiful lyrics, but I think he sometimes gets lazy.

Example: Peace on Earth (love the song, think the lyric could has used some work)Summer Rain

Paul and John rarely wrote their lyrics together. I would have to say as a HUGE generalization that Paul's lyrics were mostly fluff, while John's tend to have a more poetic edge.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom