U2 Glastonbury Setlist Prediction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 > News > Countdown to Glastonbury

a little countdown bonus video every day, haven't seen this before it's pretty cool. One of the videos is Edge remembering Red Rocks. One of them's a live version of Bad, whereas another is ......Bullet The Blue Sky....so if they're using these to drop hints then let's just hope BTBS isn't sloppy :wink:

It seems plausible that all of these songs in the countdown will be played at Glasto, otherwise there wouldn't be much point. They're slowly leaking the setlist to us. :wink:

yeah...all we need to do now is go check on friday night if U2.com make any more stupid slip-ups like adding the date to a song's list of previous performances like they did a few months back and we can piece it all together ourselves :lol:

I'd absolutely love it if they play Bullet the Blue Sky. That and New Year's Day are two classics I've yet to see them play live. Just about to go Glastonbury booze/food shopping, its almost here!!!

hehe nice, still got to go booze/food shopping. i mean again. me and my girlfriend got through 36 of the 72 Brothers cans this past month...so i'm saving those now. haven't even got an idea of how i'm fucking GETTING there haha anyone going near the Bath area? :lol:

The only extra-staging i'd expect them to bring would be some form of a catwalk so they can interact with the fans. I was finding it difficult to imagine U2 performing for nearing 2 hours and not once being able to interact with the fans on the Pyramid stage.

I sincerely hope they don't bring some stripped down version of The Claw though, as it would be nice to see them performing on a different stage/set-up for once.

Interesting on the Larry interview it seems that 3 opening sections have been talked about
Streets, A Baby overload and 40though I guess the last one was a bit of a joke comment but it does show it may be on the radar for a possible closer

What's this about a Larry interview? Does such a thing exist?!

Larry did an interview today and discussed the band's Glastonbury appearance and setlist details.

Check the last few pages of the Glastonbury TV Coverage thread in Everything You Know Is Wrong :wave:

BTBS would make sense. Former warhorse that hasn't been played in ages...seems like it'd be a good fit.
Should be interesting to see what staging elements they have in store...Popmart arch, please? :drool:
EDIT: One of the commenters on the NME site said that they were "hoping for it to be the ZooTV stage design," which would also be really cool (and probably more reasonable.)

Fucking frustrating knowing they've got that Ferrari in the garage, and watching them wander in there every now and then, have a kick of the tyres and then wander out again, frustrated because it doesn't appear to be a boat. It's a fucking Ferrari! DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT EDGE!

:lmao:

This is why I love your posts.

I'm voting for Breathe to be played at Glasto!

As well as all the countdown hints (BTBS, Disco, Bad!)

Would be shocked if the song Glastonbury did not make it...

Plus at least one complete stunner would be outstanding (full band Stay, ASOH well rehearsed and full band, Drowning Man, TTTYAATW, all seem possible but something completely left field would be outstanding as well.)

Mofo seems possible as well for some reason...

Last edited by a moderator:
So far, half that list are just songs Morrissey is not going to play as a nod to U2 not playing them.

Interesting paradigm shift "Shaver!"

Maybe you and ol "Cobbler" can throw a party and listen to every song where Bono says the word "knees" together over and over, really work as a team and get on down with each other!

Rock on!

:hug:

peterrrr, uhh, could you not randomly quote a year-old article, please? there's no point in posting an article of when they had to cancel LAST YEAR just to freak everyone out.

Repost the same idiotic arguments over and over and you will - you will - remain wrong.

Your the one keeping it alive Bitch. Just let it go already...

Must I really post in a completely different thread (after a Mod closed the other one) just to see your moronic reiteration of a joke that was never funny?

STFU already.

Your the one keeping it alive Bitch. Just let it go already...

Must I really post in a completely different thread (after a Mod closed the other one) just to see your moronic reiteration of a joke that was never funny?

STFU already.
stop it with the name calling. calling people bitch and telling them to stfu isn't allowed.

i do agree though that everyone should just let it go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom