U2 Glastonbury Setlist Prediction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redhill said:
We will see how far fetched it is tomorrow "bro."

My basic point was already proved with that interview I posted anyway but I'm sure you don't want to talk about actual supporting evidence.

That he knows U2 are playing at Glastonbury? Half the fucking world knows that

Are these all the songs being rumoured for the gig? I mean from credible sources, of course, or else basically every song could be on the rumoured list :p.

• 40 [Soundcheck only]
  • Bad
  • Beautiful Day
  • Bullet The Blue Sky
  • City of Blinding Lights
  • Discothèque
  • Elevation
  • Even Better Than The Real Thing
  • I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
  • I Will Follow
  • If You Wear That Velvet Dress [Tech-soundcheck only]
  • I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight
  • Magnificent
  • Mysterious Ways
  • ”NEW SONG?” [The Flowering Rose of Glastonbury? Danger Mouse? RedOne?]
  • New Year’s Day
  • One
  • Pride (In The Name of Love)
  • The Fly
  • Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
  • Vertigo
  • Where The Streets Have No Name
  • Zooropa

Electric Co was tech sound checked last week apparently. I hope that means something.

Electric Co was tech sound checked last week apparently. I hope that means something.

It doesn't, honestly. The Crew soundcheck whatever they feel like playing, drums are usually Mofo or Gloria or other rarities. In 2009 Dallas played Bad for the people in the Pit, while it hadn't been played yet.

It doesn't, honestly. The Crew soundcheck whatever they feel like playing, drums are usually Mofo or Gloria or other rarities. In 2009 Dallas played Bad for the people in the Pit, while it hadn't been played yet.

maybe the crew should kick the band of the podium for 15 minutes and play Mofo, Elec. co, Gloria and while they are at it: Rejoice. Bono can sing along if he wants to.

1- Where The streets have no name
2- Magnificent
3- I will Follow
4- I still haven't found ...
5- All i want is you
6- Even better than the real thing
7- The Fly
8- Miss Sarajevo
9- City Of Blinding lights
10- Beautiful Day
11- Sunday Bloody Sunday

encore

- Vertigo
- With or Without You
- Bad

encore

Didn't Muse play like 18 songs in the main set last year, plus like four in the encore or something like that?

Surely U2 will play a full show of at least 24 songs. When Springsteen headlined he played for over 3 hours or so. Plus, Michael Eavis has said that he will let U2 have as many encores as they want. U2 will definitely take that opportunity to play their best songs and to provide several setlist surprises for everyone.

maybe the crew should kick the band of the podium for 15 minutes and play Mofo, Elec. co, Gloria and while they are at it: Rejoice. Bono can sing along if he wants to.
Sounds good to me. Also, "Bono Vox and The Crew" would be a great band name.

I like the idea about Bono not wearing sunglasses. In fact, I think he should get rid of those things altogether. He would look so much better and a bit less pompous and more 'human'. And while I wouldn't say I dislike sunglasses Bono I'm a much bigger fan of sunglasses-less Bono.

That was Redanka's Power Mix. Gotta love that man and his U2 remixes, all of them are really something special.

If you're interested, you can listen to the full length mix on his official Soundcloud page:
U2/Vertigo (Redanka 'Power' Remix) by Redanka on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Interestingly, he picked up a Glastonbury ticket a couple of days ago according to his Twitter-feed. Coincidence? :hmm:

Thanks! It's a great remix.

I like the idea about Bono not wearing sunglasses. In fact, I think he should get rid of those things altogether. He would look so much better and a bit less pompous and more 'human'. And while I wouldn't say I dislike sunglasses Bono I'm a much bigger fan of sunglasses-less Bono.

I don't know, I like Bono in his sunglasses, particularly when onstage. It's as much his thing as Edge and his beanie.

My basic point was already proved with that interview I posted anyway but I'm sure you don't want to talk about actual supporting evidence.

You didn't prove anything mate. Just saying.

A few thoughts:

I'd be extremely disappointed if U2 doesn't play at least a few new songs tomorrow (whether from NLOTH, or otherwise). For a band that continuously wishes to be relevant, it would be pretty ironic to see a set that has almost no songs written in the past 6 or 7 years. To anyone cynical in the audience, such a set would simply indicate that the band is living on past glory, no matter how well they pulled the songs off.

It would also be lame to see a set composed entirely of the more famous singles / hits. U2 is my favourite band primarily because of the sheer versatility they've demonstrated over the years. While I like many of the "war-horses", I don't think that they collectively demonstrate the musical diversity in U2's catalogue. Besides, many of the 'casual fans' / 'not really fans' in the audience will have heard these songs before and are unlikely to have their opinion of the band changed by them. I would argue that Glastonbury, as opposed to a regular U2 stadium show, is a much better venue to pull out some less known songs. Unlike a U2 show, where a bunch of casual fans just want to listen to hits, Glastonbury is likely to have a large contingent of serious music buffs who wouldn't mind hearing something new. That's part of the charm of going to a festival anyway - hearing new songs, and discovering new bands.

Again glastonbury really isnt the place for new songs, it just isnt U2 need to go out there with their best live songs and prove to people just how great they are, this crowd will be there to sing along and bounce about NOT to judge any new songs

Again glastonbury really isnt the place for new songs, it just isnt U2 need to go out there with their best live songs and prove to people just how great they are, this crowd will be there to sing along and bounce about NOT to judge any new songs

I think that would show how great they were at writing songs, and that they can still play them pretty well. It says nothing about whether or not they are actually making good music currently.

1) Vertigo
2) Vertigo
3) Vertigo
4) Vertigo
5) Vertigo
6) Vertigo
7) Vertigo
8) Vertigo
9) Vertigo
10) Vertigo
11) Vertigo
12) Vertigo
13) Vertigo
14) Vertigo
15) Vertigo
16) Vertigo
17) Vertigo
--encore break--
18) Vertigo
19) Vertigo
20) Vertigo
21) Vertigo
22) Vertigo

A few thoughts:

I'd be extremely disappointed if U2 doesn't play at least a few new songs tomorrow (whether from NLOTH, or otherwise). For a band that continuously wishes to be relevant, it would be pretty ironic to see a set that has almost no songs written in the past 6 or 7 years. To anyone cynical in the audience, such a set would simply indicate that the band is living on past glory, no matter how well they pulled the songs off.

It would also be lame to see a set composed entirely of the more famous singles / hits. U2 is my favourite band primarily because of the sheer versatility they've demonstrated over the years. While I like many of the "war-horses", I don't think that they collectively demonstrate the musical diversity in U2's catalogue. Besides, many of the 'casual fans' / 'not really fans' in the audience will have heard these songs before and are unlikely to have their opinion of the band changed by them. I would argue that Glastonbury, as opposed to a regular U2 stadium show, is a much better venue to pull out some less known songs. Unlike a U2 show, where a bunch of casual fans just want to listen to hits, Glastonbury is likely to have a large contingent of serious music buffs who wouldn't mind hearing something new. That's part of the charm of going to a festival anyway - hearing new songs, and discovering new bands.

:up:

Thanks! It's a great remix.
I don't know, I like Bono in his sunglasses, particularly when onstage. It's as much his thing as Edge and his beanie.

You're welcome!

As far as Bono is concerned, I'd like it if he did remove the glasses a bit into the show at least. He should wear it for protecting his eyes if necessary, sure and he seems to take on a different persona when he as them on too so that's all good. Then again, look at Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own from Buenos Aires on the last tour (or U2:3D if you'd prefer that) it's such an emotional moment right there at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37MycDUKq9o

As for Edge, that thing has been attached to his skull for a decade straight - apart from a few re-appearances of the baseball caps and cowboy hats. I wouldn't mind him trying out other headgear more often but then again I'm not him and there must be a perfectly fine reason why he has a particular interest in those beanies that I don't know of.

Zooropa and maybe Stay will be played because of the upcoming reissues.

I think the NLOTH tracks may be expendable. When Bowie played Glasto in 2000 he played NOTHING from his 1999 album Hours. Bowie tours almost always had a healthy dose of new songs.

Another guest possibility is Jay-Z during Sunday Bloody Sunday. Friend of the band and should be backstage that weekend. Beyonce came out during Jay-Z set last year when I was at Coachella.

Ending a set with a powerful verison of AIWIY/BAD may be dependant on Bono's voice. The past month it's been very strong but jetlag could be a minor factor.

The laptop stage mockup seen in the video used by Willie did give a hint about staging. A big rectangular screen behind the band plus 2 screeens on each(!!) of the stage. Maybe one is real time video of the band and the other screen is "arty" stuff.

1) Vertigo
2) Vertigo
3) Vertigo
4) Vertigo
5) Vertigo
6) Vertigo
7) Vertigo
8) Vertigo
9) Vertigo
10) Vertigo
11) Vertigo
12) Vertigo
13) Vertigo
14) Vertigo
15) Vertigo
16) Vertigo
17) Vertigo
--encore break--
18) Vertigo
19) Vertigo
20) Vertigo
21) Vertigo
22) Vertigo

I'm starting to get Vertigo just from staring at that list! :panic:

I'd like to see at the start of the set tomorrow something similar to the Achtung start of the most recent two shows on 360. Then it would be nice to kick into some material off NLOTH. How about UTEOTW > Breathe > No Line On the Horizon > Magnificent. Boots somewhere in there. HMTMKMKM should definitely appear in the encore. I think they'd really melt some brains there. :lol: UV would also work but I'd really just about die if HMTMKMKM makes an appearance tomorrow. I like a few of the ideas thrown around in this thread. Will be interesting to see what the band has to bring out tomorrow.:hyper:

i'll give this a go

Where The Streets Have No Name
I Will Follow
New Year's Day
Glastonbury
Until The End Of The World
One
Beautiful Day
Elevation
I Still Haven't Found..
Stay
City Of Blinding Lights