U2 gifs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs. Edge said:
Oh man. :drool: I just went through this whole thread....these gifs are AMAZING!!! I have no clue how you do it, but they are awesome.

My current sig is a gif that cydewaze whipped up for me based on one of my fave R&H Scenes. :combust: I used to have it on all the time, and then it went into hiatus. Time to bring it out of retirement. :yes:

I have a question. I have a closeup video file of Bono stroking (or kind of pulling) my fingers in the audience, which I think would make a great new sig for me.

Would any of you be able to make a gif of it for me, or is it really too complicated/time consuming? Cydewaze is too busy these days but I thought if any of you had free time, I'd looooooooooove it!

Here is the link to download the video...

http://cydewaze.org/jessvids

It's video #1, and only 14 seconds long - the clearest footage is at the end. Thoughts?

I tried Jess, but my talents are rather limited in this... for some reason, I ended up with a humongous file... i'll give it another try...

I'd say go for it QB... I tried again, and the results are not usable at all... I guess I used too many frames... I made one of B and I, and it is pretty to look at, but pretty much unusable at is it HUUUUUUUUGE in file size :reject:

Jessica, I would suggest a GIF of you and B dancing rather than the footage you requested... Once you shrink it (even cropping all the dead area) you can't really tell much of what is going on :(

Then again, WB's talents are muuuuuuuch greater than my own :wink:

Ah, I didn't think about the shrinking. I was thinking you could kind of cut out the superfluous bits and keep the hand part in full size....but this is exactly why I have no clue how to do this stuff! :der:

I know it's a massive file for just 14 seconds but the finger thing is so clear.....I would have loved it.

Well, maybe Queen Bee can try, and if she has no luck, maybe some of the dancing footage could work...or the bowing and kissing! :lol:

Thanks to you both! :bow:

Last edited:
that's what i made of the video..it's no THAT big, but i dunno how big it can be as a sig

bad.gif

anjarw said:
that's what i made of the video..it's no THAT big, but i dunno how big it can be as a sig

Ohh, see you know how to make the file size small... :applaud:

And I heard from a friend in Germany that you told on me at U2tour.de :sexywink: :lol:

My friend sent me an email... "do you know who this is?"

OMG! You did it! :shocked:

I think I have seen sigs that are bigger, so I *think* it's fine!

Thank you! It seems a bit jumpier in this smaller version....:scratch: I guess that's just an optical illusion? Anyway it's still great to have! :drool:

I will show this to Paul so he can host it on his site and I won't take up your broadband (if that is indeed what would happen...I am so clued out about this stuff!)

Thank you so much again! :hug:

anjarw said:

bad.gif

Last edited:
haha yeah they were saying a few mean things..like fast cars was great but he shouldn't have got you up on stage, so i just felt like posting i knew you so they'd stop talking such crap :|

She did mention they were talking some smack, but didn't get into details and I didnt want to know :hug: Thanks for looking out! :sexywink:

But sadly, some of that is to be expected when you get up there... Human nature to be a lil jealous :wink:

I have a special request for the gif goddesses. Apparently the great sig that anjarw made was too big, they can't be more than 50KB.

So...........I was wondering if any of you would be willing to take a crack at one of the "lighter" vids I might have and do a 50KB gif of my dance? Maybe the hug, or the bowing and kissing part? That might be fun.

Here is a link to the vid, and any help would be HUGELY appreciated!

http://cydewaze.org/boonybono

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :applaud: :applaud: :drool:

Oh my god, best thread ever! I've just been subjected to 15 minutes of heaven, either being hypnotised or laughing my ass off the entire time! I'm not that technologically gifted, but I can post some of the GIFs I have tomorrow. I've got to get to bed now but, just wanted to say again, these are awesome guys!

P.S. Hint, hint: lots of red X's though...*Winks*

This is my kind of thread. I have loads of animated gifs. From those made just from photos, to ones taken from screencaps (mini-movies, as they tend to be called).

Now, these are all LJ icons, but they're still gifs (all were made by me):

rdicon.gif
ebicon.gif
lcicon.gif

lticon.gif

kicon.gif

sticon.gif

bono.gif
(Not usable on LJ, as it's over 40k, maybe someday I'll beat the filesize down)

Useable wherever, so long as I'm credited. If any are used on LiveJournal, credit sapphires13 please. And please don't hotlink.

Expect plenty more to be posted soon.

EDIT: Accidentally posted the third one in place of the first one. All fixed now.

Last edited:
DreamOutLoud I hope you don't mind but I had a go at shrinking that last icon. I got it down to 48kb.. Bono's a bit mongy lookin. :reject: I was just wonderin is it ok if I still use it?

-Nikki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom