U2 Furbies and brainwashed relatives...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenni_Anne

The Fly
Heh, me again! remember how I'm sharing that room with my little sister? Well sharing rooms means sharing the cd player, and i now have a captive listener to convert to Bono-thesism!
Breakthrough!! Have discovered she likes 'Numb' (She said that Bono and Larry's backing part sounds like Furbies, anyone agree? I have to admit that i do!) So has anyone got any tips on how to brainwash relatives into liking U2?

Dooooood, my sis and had to share a BED for like, I can't even remember how many years! This summer I bought my own computer for college and there was no where to put it 'cept on the desk in our room. I made this screen saver that has hundreds of Bono pix that change every few seconds. Since I'm always out late and she's only 13, she'd go to bed and my compy would still be on flashing Bono pix. Sometimes I'd remember and go turn it off, but more than once I found her still awake watching it, so I left it on and she said she didn't care. She says she prefers Edge and she always wants me to show her the BD video, but we'll see :sexywink: .......

Well, you can't force anybody to like a band...and nobody likes having it jammed down their throats. The best thing to do is be casual about it. Just listen to the music when they are around...they can't help but listen, even if they aren't really thinking about it directly. My dad was always just a casual U2 fan, but he's gotten more interested in them now because he's listened to them so much over the years. Now Ryan Adams is my latest interest...but Dad was so sick of hearing me gush about Ryan that he didn't even want to hear Ryan's stuff. I started playing it a lot when he was around though, and he admitted he actually does like some of Ryan's stuff.

Another thing that helps is a gift...I have bought a few friends each a U2 CD. Nobody turns down free music, and it is pretty likely that they will pop it into their player from time to time.

Make them do something for you about U2 like searching something on the internet or making them help you with working out something for school or stuff. That's how my brother learnt about U2. :evil:

My sister and I had shared a room for years, but now we each have our own rooms.

And yet, while my sister hasn't been converted to U2, she doesn't mind some of their music-she thinks "Numb" is pretty cool. And she likes "Lemon", too (she gets a kick out of the way Bono says the word "lemon").

However, we'll be watching U2 videos or the "Rattle and Hum" movie or something along that line, and my sister will always make some remark about something goofy Bono's doing.

She knew when I'd started to develop a crush on Bono without my having to tell her (she's always good at picking up on that sort of thing, I can't keep my crushes secret from her).

And if I talk about Bono, if something comes on T.V. that reminds me of U2 or of Bono or something like that, I'll point it out to my sister, and she'll just roll her eyes and sigh. And if she has friends over, then she really gets on me for my...uh...obsession...with the guys (one of her friends purposely mispronounces Bono's name...I know they're just kidding around, though).

She thinks U2's got good music mostly (I still have yet to figure out how she can possibly hate "Where The Streets Have No Name" or "New Year's Day", though...) and she thinks they're cool guys, she just doesn't think Bono's cute at all (she says Larry's the best looking guy out of the group, which doesn't surprise me, actually-Larry seems like the type of guy my sister would go for, looks-wise).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom