U2.com is no longer offering Presale as part of membership

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please Note: Due to unprecedented demand, we are unable to offer new U2.Com Subscribers any presale opportunity to purchase tickets for the Vertigo 2005 Tour.
:up:

:hmm: Yes, it's a pretty good idea to stop taking memberships when you know there aren't enough tickets to go around.

They are so smart! :|

This is not "helping"

On a local radio station on Sunday, the day before the pre-sale scam, they announced that you would no longer be able to purchase the U2.com membership w/ pres-sale ticket scam access once the pre-sale sham occurred.

So this is not them trying to "help" with the disaster they created. This is and always was their policy.

It also doesn't say how much the memberships are now, or at least I didn't see it when I skimmed it. Tell me they aren't charging $40 for new memberships with no presale opportunity.

They're doing something. 2 days ago everyone said they'd do nothing, well, all those people were wrong. Now they've got 50 or 60 shows they can use to satisfy the U2.com demand. It's going to be a slow process, but it is in action. There's a huge difference between a mistake and doing something on purpose. I feel bad for the over-the-top fool who sold all his CD's.

Presale

exactly, Monday was the final day to sign up, they never said they would cut if off but this was posted on u2.com back on the 21st:

U2.Com Subscription: Tour Countdown Begins

U2's 2005 'Vertigo Tour' is launched Monday - anyone wanting to be part of
the presale, would be well advised to subscribe to U2.Com by Monday night!

Yesterday we revealed that the 'Vertigo Tour' will be announced worldwide
this Monday, kicking off on the west coast of the US and heading to Europe
for the summer.

We're expecting to reveal more details any time, with the official
announcement on dates, venues, cities and ticketing information following on
Monday.

Meantime, word is that due to anticipated demand, fans interested in taking
part in the advance ticket sale (open only to subscribed members of U2.Com) should take out a subscription by Monday night latest - just to be on the safe side!

Incidentally, in case you missed it, Kings of Leon will be playing support
in the US. More Vertigo Tour news as we get it - keep checking back on U2.Com.

We'll also be mailing U2.Com Members later on today with details of how they
can participate in the ticket presale next week.

Re: This is not "helping"

bostonmike4444 said:
On a local radio station on Sunday, the day before the pre-sale scam, they announced that you would no longer be able to purchase the U2.com membership w/ pres-sale ticket scam access once the pre-sale sham occurred.

So this is not them trying to "help" with the disaster they created. This is and always was their policy.

Wrong. You had to join U2.com before the presale to get access to Leg 1 and 2 shows. You could still sign up and get access to future dates. That topic was discussed in this forum for days.

Last edited:
I've sold most of my CDs over the years - have them all on my computer/MP3 player and various burned compilation CDs I've made. I always held onto my U2 CDs because they were my favorite band. Everything from the music to lyrics are available on-line for free - the physical CDs are useless - you should really sell them. Make yourself some extra cash and you always have many copies and formats to enjoy the music.

And as I mentioned before the band gets NO money from the sale of a Used CD. If there is ever an artist you can't stand, but love the music... you can always buy their CD used, knowing that he/she/they won't profit a dime off the sale.

bostonmike4444 said:
I've sold most of my CDs over the years - have them all on my computer/MP3 player and various burned compilation CDs I've made. I always held onto my U2 CDs because they were my favorite band. Everything from the music to lyrics are available on-line for free - the physical CDs are useless - you should really sell them. Make yourself some extra cash and you always have many copies and formats to enjoy the music.

And as I mentioned before the band gets NO money from the sale of a Used CD. If there is ever an artist you can't stand, but love the music... you can always buy their CD used, knowing that he/she/they won't profit a dime off the sale.

This dude is a trip. Hey, aren't most of the ticket scalpers in Boston?

Thanks for starting this post. I agree that things are changing and they are trying to make this right. Tell me how many bands of this size would do anything at all.

starsgoblue said:

This comment really makes no sense. If I don't like an artist then I'm not going to like the music...I wouldn't want anything to do with them especially be around thier 'noise'.

don't see why, Robbie Williams (you may not know if you're American) is a pillock but some of his music is good.

MrBrau1 said:
They're doing something. 2 days ago everyone said they'd do nothing, well, all those people were wrong. Now they've got 50 or 60 shows they can use to satisfy the U2.com demand. It's going to be a slow process, but it is in action. There's a huge difference between a mistake and doing something on purpose. I feel bad for the over-the-top fool who sold all his CD's.

This is action???

I'd say this is more a move to stop further false advertising.

Robbie Williams is brutal.....hes only taken 1 step up from his boy band career with Take That.

Ugh! All Saints. I wanted to slap those nasty little Appleton slags. Annoying little trolls from hell :mad:

Back to the original point: ARE they still charging $40?! U2.com I mean, not the Appleton whores.

Last edited:
Haha - yup, see, there's lot of artists and bands who have songs that I like, but don't want my money going to them - that's where Used CD's come in so handy!! You can get their album without "supporting" them - none of the money goes to the artist/record label, and the sale doesn't count towards official album sales either. You can buy the Used CD for $10, burn it, and then re-sell it back to the place you bought it for and get $5. So you can buy any album you want for basically $5. I've been doing it for years, it's awesome. I only own copies of the CDs of bands and artists I really care about - everything else is MP3s and burned CDs. Sad to see U2 go from the official CD stack to the burned CDs spindles in my collection, but I still have all thier music and will still always enjoy it.

This is a start. :up:

The question remains however, why did u2.com assume that taking over Propaganda (which had closed its doors for new subscriptions) could do any better? They were ill prepared and never understood that Propaganda closed its subscriptions for a reason. The limit of meeting the demand.

bostonmike4444 said:
Haha - yup, see, there's lot of artists and bands who have songs that I like, but don't want my money going to them - that's where Used CD's come in so handy!! You can get their album without "supporting" them - none of the money goes to the artist/record label, and the sale doesn't count towards official album sales either. You can buy the Used CD for $10, burn it, and then re-sell it back to the place you bought it for and get $5. So you can buy any album you want for basically $5. I've been doing it for years, it's awesome. I only own copies of the CDs of bands and artists I really care about - everything else is MP3s and burned CDs. Sad to see U2 go from the official CD stack to the burned CDs spindles in my collection, but I still have all thier music and will still always enjoy it.

How does this relate to this post?

Pay attention to me, Pay attention to me, I burned my U2 cd's and no one gives a shit!

Last edited:
I still do not believe how U2.con underestimated demand so badly.

I mean, they had the number of members, they knew where they were from, they had Propaganda's historical demand vs. # of members as a reference, they could have talked to Ticketmaster about historical demand for U2 shows on the first date.

And still, they screwed up.

These people are completely incompetent and do not deserve to have a job. Talk about family connections... if this dude Sebastian wasn't Adam's brother he would be jobless.

Is it just me or didnt i see a few days ago that after the deadline of the 24th you couldnt buy memberships with presale anymore soo how did it change? it was always the case like that or am i missing something? please reply and let me know.

U2@NYC said:

I mean, they had the number of members, they knew where they were from, they had Propaganda's historical demand vs. # of members as a reference, they could have talked to Ticketmaster about historical demand for U2 shows on the first date.

These people are completely incompetent and do not deserve to have a job. Talk about family connections... if this dude Sebastian wasn't Adam's brother he would be jobless.

Please, tell me, how can U2 correct this situation for you?
:sigh:

dabiggestu2fan said:
Is it just me or didnt i see a few days ago that after the deadline of the 24th you couldnt buy memberships with presale anymore soo how did it change? it was always the case like that or am i missing something? please reply and let me know.

It did not change. After the 24th you couldn't buy memberships with codes for this presale. From what I understand of the new statement, unless you were a member before the 24th, a new membership will also not give you a presale code for the fall tour/other concerts that may go on presale before.

Popmartijn said:

Please, tell me, how can U2 correct this situation for you?
:sigh:

a few steps:

1. anyone who wants their $40 back from u2.com should get it.

2. get on ticketmaster's ass and hold them accountable for changing the seating charts during the sale.

3. issue new codes to anyone who got screwed and actually get them decent seats to a concert of their choice.

in other words, deliver on what was advertised in the first place.

U2@NYC said:

In the US, I doubt they thought every member was going to try and get presale for the 13 cities on leg 1. I think if leg 1 was 50 or so shows, the availability of tickets would've been much greater. 100,000 people going for 16 shows or 100,000 going for 50 shows. Which one is going to have bigger problems?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom