U2 at Hanover Quay 2008 pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's great to see though.. windmill lane lost it's U2 vibe a bit in the mid 90s so it's nice to see the 'new shrine' emerge :)

Lara_Croft said:
well, seems u2 will not show up anymore!
This afternoon there were 20 people outside the studios and just Bono for a second appeared!

There are fans staying there everyday all the day, always the same people. This is stalking

I understand there's people who are coming to ireland to see them but that's the result, at least today.

Why do the same people go back all day every day if the band have come out and signed and had photos taken what else do they want??:huh:

It only spoils it for fans who have just arrived to try their luck, when we have been lucky we have left within about 10 minutes and gone to celebrate.

Bono's Tart said:

Why do the same people go back all day every day if the band have come out and signed and had photos taken what else do they want??:huh:

It only spoils it for fans who have just arrived to try their luck, when we have been lucky we have left within about 10 minutes and gone to celebrate.

I wonder if its the Italians.... Hi BT!

So do we actually know that they are finishing in the studio this Thursday? They haven't been there long plus its a bit early to be finishing for the Easter holidays??

well, that's the case of a friend of mine, he went today in dublin, his only chance cause he's doing a trip in ireland and couldn't see anybody, just Bono for few seconds cause there were 20 people rushing over them! U2 didn't go out.
And there's a lot of people waiting u2 until midnight, that's stalking honestly.
I dunno what's going on in the next days but if there will be so much people you'll never see U2.
4-6 is fine, is quiet, 20 is dangerous!

Last edited:
Aw, I hope those others that are staying there all the time will bugger off. :rant: They must realize they're ruining it for others.

I wish you the best of luck Wildhoney. I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Lara_Croft said:

There are fans staying there everyday all the day, always the same people. This is stalking

This makes me so angry! :mad: I do understand that people want to meet them over and over again, but PLEASE, get a life! Give a chance for those who haven't met the guys yet. And give some peace for the band, too. There's a lot more to see and do in Dublin than just hanging around the studios.
Not that I thought any PLEBANs would be this stupid, this was just the rant of the day :shrug:

Ava79 said:

Not that I thought any PLEBANs would be this stupid, this was just the rant of the day :shrug:

I hope so, maybe bad luck yesterday but there were people from everywhere (not only italians) but from Germany, Belgium, Brazil (?) and Italy. Anyway you're right some people waiting all the day (9-10 hours) is mostly italian girls. :mad:

I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll ever understand this.

If you go to Dublin, there is so much to see besides U2, it's such a great city. I would NEVER wait for so many hours, maybe even in the cold or rain, just to see the band for a couple of minutes or seconds.

When they are in the studio, the chances to see them are quite good, so there's no need waiting a whole day for them to arrive or come out. Information from various sources is also quite good and reliable nowadays. It's mostly stalker fans who are not satisfied with seeing them once or twice, but have to see and meet the guys every day and numerous times, as if they're collecting trophies. I really don't like this behaviour. They are ruining the chances of other people who only go there once and want to meet the band.

I don't think U2 are very happy with this kind of behaviour.
They are already giving so much to fans by being so accessible and open, but some people are just exploiting that. U2 could be asses instead as well and hide and run away from people instead of talking to them. After all, they're at work there, there is no need for them to meet fans every half an hour. They are really nice, down to earth guys.

People should just get a life and enjoy the sights and pubs of Dublin instead of hanging around a recording studio for days. That's just crazy.

I have to agree. I`ve been to Dublin probably 8 times and never been to HQ yet. I just don`t feel comfortable to go there on my own and hang around hoping that they might make an appearance or they might even not be in town. There is just so much to do in Dublin that is not U2 related!

Mind you if I knew there were definitely in the studios and I had a like minded friend to hang out with........I could be tempted :evil:

last unicorn said:
I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll ever understand this.

It's mostly stalker fans who are not satisfied with seeing them once or twice, but have to see and meet the guys every day and numerous times, as if they're collecting trophies.

That's the point it's like they're collecting trophies, and i'm angered cause my friend had only 1 chance and missed it for those people.

Well, we'll be lucky next time :(

Lara_Croft said:

I hope so, maybe bad luck yesterday but there were people from everywhere (not only italians) but from Germany, Belgium, Brazil (?) and Italy. Anyway you're right some people waiting all the day (9-10 hours) is mostly italian girls. :mad:

Yeah, seems like there's a lot of writing from Italy on those walls...must be cheap flights to Dublin.

Thanks for the Youtube links. That was great. What an awesome band...what an awesome Bono. I wonder how he escapes if he DOESN"T want to talk to the fans...after all he can't be in a good mood everyday. I guess since they park inside, he could just drive out and wave..of course even a wave would have me on a high for a week. Still no Larry though, does he just drive away...has anyone seen him there even though he doesn't come out to the fans?

Pamelakellett said:
I have to agree. I`ve been to Dublin probably 8 times and never been to HQ yet. I just don`t feel comfortable to go there on my own and hang around hoping that they might make an appearance or they might even not be in town. There is just so much to do in Dublin that is not U2 related!

Mind you if I knew there were definitely in the studios and I had a like minded friend to hang out with........I could be tempted :evil:

When I visited Dublin, I went to HQ just to see it and to sign the walls.
I was very satisfied with that and it took all of maybe 10 minutes.
I didn't hang out and waste my valuable vacation time staring down the road hoping they would drive in, I couldn't afford to do that.. just as well I guess. Plus my siblings didn't want to wait around with me... :)

Miringeltje said:

Thanks for posting that link, Wayne!

Here's a longer one :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I72snssKlOM

They had this on their website

BonoVR.jpg

Jeannieco said:

When I visited Dublin, I went to HQ just to see it and to sign the walls.
I was very satisfied with that and it took all of maybe 10 minutes.
I didn't hang out and waste my valuable vacation time staring down the road hoping they would drive in, I couldn't afford to do that.. just as well I guess. Plus my siblings didn't want to wait around with me... :)

Ditto. For me it's a wonderful place, with or without a sighting. I put my hand on the wall and the door. My brother took a picture of me doing the peace sign right where Bono is standing outside the doors usually.

I didn't have a clue if they were in town or not. I think we stayed for about ten minutes and then headed off to explore .

I didn't sign my name on the wall though, I'll have to do that next time I'm back :wink:

That video is hysterical.

I love how he tells Sam, go get Edge, and Edge comes down thinking it's something important and Bono's trying to hand him the phone. :lol:

Bono is hilarious, I wonder what the girl on the phone thought. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom