U2 albums planned for 2009 remasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While I bet tracks 10 - 12 on the 2nd cd are snippets of the respective songs Bono sung during "Bad," I find it interesting that The Rolling Stones "Sympathy for The Devil" which was also snippeted, isn't included. Hopefully, we aren't getting some edited, screwy live version of "Bad" from Live Aid. On the other hand, if these are indeed separate songs, wasn't SoL recorded in 1991 or early '92 for the "One" single?

I agree with others about the missing b-sides, even the two "Wide Awake" so-called live tracks, but to me, the key missing song is the Self Aid performance of "Maggies Farm" originally released on the "Live For Ireland" cd. That song which was basically a prototype of "Bullet The Blue Sky" is a important bridge musically between TUF and TJT albums.

Regarding the '84 Dortmund show on the 1st dvd, it's a shame "Wire" wasn't played that show. Hopefully, at least the entire set will be included.

T.B.

As much as I don't rate very highly those 'live' songs on WAIA (too much studio tinkering in them; proof: the multiple versions of ASOH) it is surprising to see them not included in this compilation. Perhaps U2 are embarassed about them?!

Is the song list posted here a few posts back official?

Embarrassed about the best song they've ever done(bad WAIA), I doubt it.

I'm pretty happy with the deluxe set, the DVD in particular, I'm really excited about having the Live Aid set on a propper DVD.

i'm just too excited about the Dortmund DVD to feel dissapointed about these deluxe sets.....what an amazing concert, can't wait to watch it in DVD quality! :hyper:

i'm just too excited about the Dortmund DVD to feel dissapointed about these deluxe sets.....what an amazing concert, can't wait to watch it in DVD quality! :hyper:

i hear you. i think if you allow yourself to be disappointed with this, you may be expecting too much. we get a live DVD (hopefully the full show), possible live footage of Conspiracy of Hope Tour, plus 2 unreleased tracks (Disappearing Act sounds excellent).

Apart from these minor nitpicks like the Wide Awake in America live tracks (which are far from the definite live versions of either Bad or A Sort of Homecoming), and the fact that the Dortmund concert doesn't have Wire (!), it is once again, just like Joshua Tree, an admirable set for the true hardcore fan.

I don't think Bad from WAIA is a great 'document' of how Bad was performed at the time. At its best Bad at the time had very drawn out endings with the 'come on down' thing being a lot more elaborate.

Bad is my favourite U2 song, I've heard dozens and dozens of versions, saw it played live myself over 20 times and can't think of a better version than that one, it's the version that got me into U2. That's my opinion anyway.

Wait... songs that never were broadcast from the Dortmund concert are 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, The Unforgettable Fire and A Sort of Homecoming?

How the fuck do you omit 3 out of 5 best songs from the gig? Bad and The Electric Co. are thankfully in for sure. Hopefully they will have for us the full version.

So U2.com has officially announced the UF remaster.

The clowns give us the tracklist for the regular album (because we totally don't know that already), but NOT the tracklist for the bonus CD or DVD. Wow, that's useful. So we're still no closer to understanding what the deal is with the three covers listed after Bad on the fansites.

U2.com truly gets less and less useful by the day. You wouldn't think tits on a bull could get more useless, but there you go.

So U2.com has officially announced the UF remaster.

The clowns give us the tracklist for the regular album (because we totally don't know that already), but NOT the tracklist for the bonus CD or DVD. Wow, that's useful. So we're still no closer to understanding what the deal is with the three covers listed after Bad on the fansites.

U2.com truly gets less and less useful by the day. You wouldn't think tits on a bull could get more useless, but there you go.

lol! that's awesome! i love situations that seem as though a certain party doesn't try on purpose.

Concert DVD

U2 in Dortmund, West Germany, November 21, 1984 at Westfalenhalle (set list on U2tours.com)

Bonus DVD

1. Barry Devlin Slane Document
2. U2 at Conspiracy of Hope
3. U2 at Live Aid
4. Unforgettable Fire documentary (Barry Delvin)

YAY!

That Dortmund setlist looks very short. And we moan about the length of the gigs today!!

Concert DVD

U2 in Dortmund, West Germany, November 21, 1984 at Westfalenhalle (set list on U2tours.com)

Bonus DVD

1. Barry Devlin Slane Document
2. U2 at Conspiracy of Hope
3. U2 at Live Aid
4. Unforgettable Fire documentary (Barry Delvin)

YAY!

Don't forget that Target always has these special editions on sale for the first 4 days.

The placing of Satellite of Love where it is on the tracklisting DOES NOT COMPUTE!

Yeah I always assumed Satellite of Love was recorded during the Achtung Baby sessions.

Well, it was. I'm assuming the track listing is referring to the snippet of SOL in Bad. However, that snippet was done before Bono started singing the lyrics to Bad, which is what doesn't compute.

It was a short show, not the usual UF setlist, presumably due to it being a special show just for the cameras and them wanting to play only for a certain amount of time.

It was at an event filmed for TV with multiple artists performing, hence the shorter set.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom