U2 albums planned for 2009 remasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also no 4th of July (long version), A Sort Of Homecoming (live from Wembley)...these b-sides mean this compilation is not as completist as it really should be which is disappointing.

Pretty sure it is official.

I respect this super deluxe version, but I can't help feeling like there have been some missed opportunities and it could've been even better. The live WAIA tracks are missing as already noted, as is the extended 4th Of July and alternate Love Comes Tumbling, and I'll be very surprised if Yoshino Blossom turns out to be the same as the unreleased instrumental that is currently floating around since that title doesn't suit it at all. I was hoping that instrumental would get a release and an actual title.

do you know where one can find this unreleased instrumental?

Hm... regarding the Amnesty show, you've gotta wonder if Maggie's Farm and Help will be included given that covers were omitted from the JT Paris DVD that came with the deluxe JT package. Pity since I like a lot those 86/87 versions of Maggie's Farm. They are a bit crazy and over the top (esp. the Self Aid performance) but it shows U2 taking a bit of a risk setlist and performance wise and that's a good thing.

Will probably be the final show of the Conspiracy of Hope tour since that one was broadcast. The setlist was -

MLK
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Bad
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Maggie's Farm / Cold Turkey
Help

Other songs that included U2 / Bono were -

Sun City
Invisible Sun
I Shall Be Released

I doubt these 3 would be included since they also feature other performers.

I like that Sun City performance, would be nice if it's included. Would seriously suck if Maggie's Farm/Cold Turkey and Help were omitted, though. They're not the best of the set, but for the sake of completion...

LA and NY shows were also pro-shot, but the available bootlegs are low quality and pretty patchy. I expect it all to be from the NJ show.

I like that Sun City performance, would be nice if it's included.

Yeah, it's pretty good. A tad all over the place, but that is what tends to happen with these 'all star' things. Bono comes off as an idiot with his constant introductions of each performer. Did he really think, for instance, that Lou Reed needed any introduction?

I love the opening guitar riff. Who plays that? It is awesome.

Yeah, it's pretty good. A tad all over the place, but that is what tends to happen with these 'all star' things. Bono comes off as an idiot with his constant introductions of each performer. Did he really think, for instance, that Lou Reed needed any introduction?

I love the opening guitar riff. Who plays that? It is awesome.

Not sure about the original, but I think it's probably Edge here?

YouTube - U2--Sun City// Conspiracy Of Hope Tour Part 5/5

Bono usually coming off as a bit of a dolt isn't exactly an interesting or new development, but oh well!

What about the long single version of Pride???? I would have bet good money that was going to be on there. :(

If CD2 has the Live Aid version of Bad and the following three songs are just snippets, the track listing does look a bit sparse compared to the other reissues, with only 11 tracks. Then again, this version of Bad runs something like 15 minutes, so maybe there just isn't more room on the CD for more songs. I sure would like to see the single version of Pride, though.

1. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Unreleased Version)
2. Bass Trap
3. Boomerang I
4. Boomerang II
5. Love Comes Tumbling
6. 60 Seconds In Kingdom Come
7. The Three Sunrises
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday (Live Aid)
9. Bad/Walk on the Wild Side/Ruby Tuesday/Satellite of Love (Live Aid)
10. Disappearing Act (Unreleased Track)
11. Yoshino Blossom (Unreleased Track)

I like the tracklisting, but there are some tracks I hoped it would be included like: Wire dub mix, Love comes tumbling (diff. lyrics), long version of 4th of july and the long version of Pride.

On the dvd I miss the rare Anton Corbijn video with the close-up faces of the band and of course the two videos for UF. This video wasn't included on the u218 dvd and I think it's one of their best videos to date.

But... I'm happy what will be released!:hyper::hyper:

Putting Satellite of Love as a separate track, after Bad, Ruby Tuesday, and WOTWS, make no sense whatsoever, as Satellite of Love was snippeted before Bad.

Putting Satellite of Love as a separate track, after Bad, Ruby Tuesday, and WOTWS, make no sense whatsoever, as Satellite of Love was snippeted before Bad.

yeah, i really don't think they are doing separate tracks with the snippets. if i remember correctly, didn't Bono sing SOL before and after Bad?

yeah, i really don't think they are doing separate tracks with the snippets. if i remember correctly, didn't Bono sing SOL before and after Bad?

Before. No verses though... he simply sang 'Satellite of Love' a couple of times before launching into 'if you twist and turn away...'.

I'm more than willing to believe that's the snippets listed separately. Just look at RAH, people.

do you know where one can find this unreleased instrumental?

In your inbox if you give me your e-mail address. :wink:

I'm more than willing to believe that's the snippets listed separately. Just look at RAH, people.

In your inbox if you give me your e-mail address. :wink:

Could you send it to me, too? My email is jspartzags[at]aim[dot]com.

Worst. Deluxe set. Ever!

The 11 tracks on the bonus CD will be lucky to crack 50-55 minutes. With all the other stuff available, they could've easily added another 20 mins of music.

I was hoping for some of these:
1. Be There (demo we know exists)
2. Maggie's Farm/Cold Turkey (from Live for Ireland)
3. Wire (Celtic Dub Mix from NME single)
4. Pride In the Name of Love (Extended Version)
5. Love Comes Tumbling (Alternate Versions 1 & 2)
6. 4th of July (Extended Version)
7. A Sort of Homecoming (Live)
8. Sun City (Live)

and they could've even added some tracks from 'Captive' or Clannad/Bono 'In a Lifetime'.

what i can't believe is they're giving us an "unreleased" (i bet you it's just the extended version off pride) of 11ott. i don't care if it's from this era, this could've been thrown on boy if it was really worth hearing. now i love 11ott, it's one of my favourites. but to think we're missing out on remasters of other b-sides or unreleased demos because they want to give us a version of this song with a looped guitar solo is bogus.

i'll still buy the super deluxe edition though, because i want to hear the other bonus tracks and because it's one of my favourite albums.

That's a really awesome instrumental, even before Eno's full treatments, and in this mediocre quality.

The 'unreleased' 11 O'Clock Tick Tock is identical to the studio version that was released on the original 7" except it has a slightly longer ending. Dunno why they bothered to include it in the first place on one of the Pride 12" singles since it really is totally unremarkable. But given it was released in the UF era it makes sense for it be included here.

Back
Top Bottom