U2 360° Tour 2010 Photos 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if these were posted yet but how about these bad boys.... ;)

Screenshot2010-09-07at51038PM.png

Screenshot2010-09-07at51017PM.png

:laugh: :faint: :love:

....Wait, what exactly is Edge doing? Lmao!

Wow, Istanbul must have been a real desaster for the band from what we're reading here and on other boards :huh: I guess they'll never play there again. On the other hand, good to see the band having to work for their money. Not an easy audience and certainly not easy to persuade by Bono's showmanship. A half empty stadium, people booeing and leaving the stadium in masses during the second half of the show .... ouch U2. But ok, maybe it just has to be that way from time to time, they shouldn't take all the good things happening to them for granted and it may give them, Bono especially, some stuff to think about.

Nice pictures, btw, thanks for posting :up:

Wow, I didn't hear about this, just the booing during Bono's speech mentioning the PM.
People walked out??? Wth?
Is there an article somewhere?

Edit: Nevermind I found some info online!

Maybe not the best way, but all mistakes where on the bands (maybe a bit more on Bono's) side, if you ask me.

Their biggest mistake may have been playing there at all. Plus it was very bad timing (Ramadan). They should have known better and played a. another date and b. another stadium. U2 don't have a fanbase their. Turkish people just love to listen to Turkish music. Most of them have no clue about who U2 even is. The band seems to take sold-out shows for granted and think that they can go anywhere and ten thousands of people will automatically flock to see them. High ticket prices add to the problem. So it's a good lesson for the band, Bono especially after all. Bono isn't stupid, he's just too naive sometimes and carried away by the moment. He was booed at at several shows when he started to talk about meeting politicians. Maybe he should just stop that. Apart from that it seems to have been a very good show with a struggling band who really worked for their money. A reluctant and difficult audience can sometimes be a real blessing. Somehow I feel it was about time U2 took a dive like that, the hype about the current tour and its megalomania has been going on for too long. Now they can go back to playing more sold-out shows in front of more welcoming and appreciative audiences, but Istanbul just HAD to happen.

However, I still feel bad for Bono. After all he had to see all the empty stands and thousands of people leaving the stadium. Not good for his little ego.

:giggle: I bet that dent in his Ego is already fixed when the next gig begins. Or maybe we should fix it :up: I could pump his ego all day long.

I must give it to Bono for stopping up the booing quite quickly, but I just laughed when he realized he made a mistake (he was laughing about it to, Matts video clearly shows it.)
Turks have brains, they told Bono to stop bragging, wich was appropriate for allot of people IMO. He was definably not carried away, but really naive. Like I said , a moment caught off guard.

The band seems to take sold-out shows for granted and think that they can go anywhere and ten thousands of people will automatically flock to see them.

Tens of thousands of people did flock to seem them. It was estimated between 40-50K. They'd be hard pressed to fill a stadium that holds over 100k anywhere. :huh:

Tens of thousands of people did flock to seem them. It was estimated between 40-50K. They'd be hard pressed to fill a stadium that holds over 100k anywhere. :huh:

Well, true, but they did fill stadiums of that size in Europe and other parts of the world. Not in Istanbul, that's simply unrealistic. The stadium was too big and it's a shame so many people left during the show.

I don't think Bono was ass kissing by mentioning his meeting with the political leaders.
I think he was trying to connect with the auidience but it back fired.

Well, Bono loves ass-kissing, that's who he is. I am not saying it doesn't come from his heart, but sometimes I wish he would just stop trying to please everyone he meets. He could have just said: It's great to be in your beautiful country, thanks for the warm reception etc. and it would have been fine and the audience wouldn't have reacted the way they did when he mentioned the politicians. That stuff works in some countries, but not in all countries. I wish he'd shown more sensitivity here, but that's just me. I'm not happy when he's mentioning politicans, because most politicians simply aren't loved by their countries, so it's not a very smart move or popular thing to say. There are so many things Bono can talk about during a concert that won't get him into trouble. I loved his funny little speeches when introducing the band this tour. Given the choice I'd prefer him to sing instead of talking so much if that means u2 add one or two songs to their setlist.

Well, true, but they did fill stadiums of that size in Europe and other parts of the world. Not in Istanbul, that's simply unrealistic. The stadium was too big and it's a shame so many people left during the show.

For this leg they haven't played anywhere in Europe where they expected to fill 100k stadium. Even some of the smaller stadiums where they have played have not been filled (like in 2009). That was the stadium available in Turkey. I give them credit for going there and think that they knew exactly how many people to expect.

Yes, I still give them credit for playing there, I think it was a brave move, but I'm not so sure they knew how many people would turn up. I think they expected more and from what I've heard and read about Istanbul being totally plastered with tour promotion AND Bono/Edge playing Desire at the airport I guess they were trying to sell some last minute tickets.

But yes, you're right about them not filling all stadiums this tour. 2009 seems to have been the overall better year for U2. Still I'm glad they decided to come back and I don't mind seeing a couple of empty spots in the stadium as long as the people who are actually there are in good mood and don't wander off by thousands before the end of the show, that's just gross :huh:

To be fair: Public transport and taxi situation around the stadium were absolutely chaotic according to everyone who was there, so that may be a (good) reason for people to leave earlier. Also, the stadium was very far away from the city center. A friend of mine was at the show and he told me horrendous stories, but said he still enjoyed being there and that it was quite an adventure. However, he also said that it was sad to see so many people leave during the show and that all band members were visibly irritated and Bono had to look directly to the stairs where all the people departed. So whatever reasons there might have been, it still sucks. :|

OK, let's all relax and - since it's cold and rainy outside - have some of that hot and good herbal tea:

BioBeautifulDay.jpg

Well no band would be happy about allot of their crowd leaving. Of course they where disappointed. Its just a downer.
Maybe leaving the show went a bit far... I can't argue with that. Especially when you spend money on tickets. But I heard the sound overall in the stadium was pretty horrible to, back in the fields and on some seats in the back.

And.... Warning for all plebans my next post will contain a large amount of naked Adam pixels.

Sadly , the only thing I can see now is Bono's....belt.
6083-1283797114-size3.jpg

Photo belongs to Ikkemein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom