Trying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cathou_u2

Refugee
A little something, not so happy go lucky though...

Trying
Feeling lost
Wanting to scream
For a second chance
Out of this numbness

Deepening flaws on our skins
Forgetting the rest of the world
Leading to a dead end
Looking for the missing exit

Crawling and crying here
From a window staring
At your chaotic troubles
Doubting, for once

Making up for both our sakes
Wishing for a shining guidance
Showing the right way
Out of our minds

Out of this confusing place
To start over somewhere
Where there's no hurting
And no late nights longing

Dreaming with tears in my eyes
Believing in a higher emotion
Than in two frustrated hearts
Trying to shut these voices

Complications as always
I just need a reason
For continuing along my direction
Convince me

Waiting, wishing, missing
On tonight's cold thoughts
A smile or a look
Waiting patiently

Understand my emotions
I was always this way
Caring for two people
And forever loving

I'm trying to be strong
Acknowledge my falls
For I'm only but trying
To live at best as I can
By healing my heart...

Comments are love!:heart:

I see a U2 easter egg in this. :wink:

This poem brings me back to my high school days. :sad: Which was a hard time for me. Lovely description once again.:hug:

:giggle: They just pop in like this, unconsciously, and I can't help myself!

Well, look at it this way, it was hard, but you survived it, it made you stronger. Think of the lessons you've learned along the way and where you are right now. Don't forget the past, but use it to improve the present!:hug::heart:

I see the egg, too :D *Goes to grab an Easter basket* (Yes, I know it's not anywhere near Easter. Screw it :p).

I really love the imagery in your poems. I can so perfectly envision everything you write, and the lines are just so matter-of-fact and state everything in a subtle way. I like that in my art. And of course, the fact that it's so relatable helps, too-who out there hasn't felt that way at one time or another?

In short, I like your work :yes:.

Angela

I see the egg, too :D *Goes to grab an Easter basket* (Yes, I know it's not anywhere near Easter. Screw it :p).

I really love the imagery in your poems. I can so perfectly envision everything you write, and the lines are just so matter-of-fact and state everything in a subtle way. I like that in my art. And of course, the fact that it's so relatable helps, too-who out there hasn't felt that way at one time or another?

In short, I like your work :yes:.

Angela

Awwww:cute:!
Is gushing an appropriate answer, because sometimes it's all I can do/say?! :lol:

Thank you for commenting on my writing style, because, honestly, it's not something I take I time to think about, so having someone to reflect on it, sheds some very needed light! :hug:

I love imagery! I've never really realized it, but it does come often in my work. Like you said, it helps to convey a message, but a little bit more subtle than going right out And. Saying. It. Like. This.

Somehow, I guess, I owe Bono a bit, he's really good with imagery too!:heart:

Back
Top Bottom