Triesen, Liechtenstein Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect to resort to snoozing at uni today. Oh yippee, Fascist Europe. Pointless course that I have to take just to make up the numbers.

Hurrah, industrial action to the rescue! No class today!

... just puts off the boredom until tomorrow afternoon instead.

I'm home after lunch with U-Wen, finding bargains at the usually overpriced uni bookshop, and getting caught in a fair deluge. I didn't know this country still had rain!

Yes! Alison and I got back Sunday evening. Some sort of meet-up would be awesome. :hyper:

It's not as if I've been around much myself either. Not sure how much that'll change. Not feeling the Intarwebz in general right now ...

But yes, I'd love to work out something soon ... we need to get you people to an Aussie U2 Show gig!

I was just thinking the other day that I'm not sure I've even posted once in EYKIW since the end of the last Survivor. Dull as dishwater in there.

There's nothing interesting anymore, we need either a new album or a new survivor now!

Oh dear god is it true they soundchecked Your Blue Room? Seriously? Or am I just going crazy

I don't have any ideas for Survivor that wouldn't be redundant repetition of what we've already done ... :sigh:

I've no idea about soundchecks for the last couple of gigs, but what I do know is that when the band were rehearsing pre-tour in their studios (i.e. before going to Barcelona), they DID rehearse Your Blue Room.

I don't have any ideas for Survivor that wouldn't be redundant repetition of what we've already done ... :sigh:

I've no idea about soundchecks for the last couple of gigs, but what I do know is that when the band were rehearsing pre-tour in their studios (i.e. before going to Barcelona), they DID rehearse Your Blue Room.

I saw on a Morrissey forum that they went crazy and did a rate the song, poll for every single song he ever released, it was like a survivor/top songs competition on crack :lol:

If U2 play it live I will just die...especially if they play Drowning Man too, it'd break my heart in every way :lol:

Well that didn't take long. Can confirm what's being said on the tour forum: Your Blue Room was soundchecked in Zagreb.

It'd be just typical that out of the four songs U2 have now rehearsed that I'd most want to hear live, I only get to hear one (the four being UF, ES, Drowning Man, Your Blue Room). This band's meant to have static sets! Frankly, I'd take just one gig of those four songs over any full show I saw.

Well that didn't take long. Can confirm what's being said on the tour forum: Your Blue Room was soundchecked in Zagreb.

It'd be just typical that out of the four songs U2 have now rehearsed that I'd most want to hear live, I only get to hear one (the four being UF, ES, Drowning Man, Your Blue Room). This band's meant to have static sets! Frankly, I'd take just one gig of those four songs over any full show I saw.

It's funny how a band known for having static setlists that never change, can conveniently change them just for you...in a bad way

The hilarious part is that more than one person thought I had enough influence to pull some strings to get Electrical Storm played at Gothenburg II.

... right.

But then if some posters are to be believed, I'm Willie Williams or Sebastian Clayton.

The hilarious part is that more than one person thought I had enough influence to pull some strings to get Electrical Storm played at Gothenburg II.

... right.

But then if some posters are to be believed, I'm Willie Williams or Sebastian Clayton.

Are you telling me you don't make U2's setlists? :sad:

I don't think I can ever trust you again

Proof I don't make U2's sets: Dublin III did not begin with J. Swallow.

I don't know how U2 can resist opening random shows with J. Swallow as a complete piss-take.

Proof I don't make U2's sets: Dublin III did not begin with J. Swallow.

I don't know how U2 can resist opening random shows with J. Swallow as a complete piss-take.

I actually don't think J. Swallow is that bad, it's just one of the most pointless things they ever recorded. J. Swallow > Is That All?

I actually don't think J. Swallow is that bad, it's just one of the most pointless things they ever recorded. J. Swallow > Is That All?

I'll second that.

See, if I were a big, famous band playing to huge, sold-out stadiums, every so often I'd be unable to resist fucking with some heads by opening with some totally and utterly obscure rarity. Like if I were U2, the first Dublin show might've just been NLOTH/Boots/Breathe/Magnif/etc., and the second Boots/NLOTH/IWF/UTEOTW/etc., but the third would've been something batshit like J. Swallow --> Boots --> The Dream Is Over --> Beautiful Day --> Slug. Just to keep the casuals REALLY confused.

Three songs have been played three times.

70 so far have been played once.

Daaaamn.

See, what's irritating me about U2's current sets is how many songs have been done every show. Sure, they may have played more individual songs this leg than on Vertigo's first leg, but most of them are not getting much love and competing for only a few spots, while the rest of the set is rigid even by U2 standards. You can pretty much pack up and go home after Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom