Tracklist announcement timing? - Tracklist Speculation/Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Q magazine article of Sept 1 states that MOS is 8 mins

"Other notable tracks include the eight-minute-long "Moment of Surrender" and "No Line on the Horizon," inspired by a distortion box called Death By Audio recommended by ex-Secret Machines guitarist Ben Curtis."

So exciting. :hyper:

I hope there are more than 11 songs, but the titles discussed in Q sound great.

I'm pretty sure that Unknown Caller = BC 1

Cedars may have become Breathe.

Beach Clip 4 never had a name, fans named it "Only Love". Since it was heard in several u2.com clips I'm sure it's on the album. Maybe it's Every Breaking Wave, beautiful title!

And how great is it that MOS is 8 (!) minutes long! :up:

:heart:

I think Every breaking wave is BC5

Based on nothing except the description of the vocals... and you can hear breaking waves in it

^ You can hear breaking waves in all the beach clips. :wink:

Could it be that beach clip 4 is MOS? It's the longest of the clips and I don't think we've heard all of it on the beach recording. It has something epic about it.

^ ya got me :p

i dunno, just a feeling. kind fits to me....

nice nod to the bech clip sensation by calling a song every breaking wave though

its interesting that breathe isnt finalised... bodes well the WTSHNN-esque birth it is having... seems to be an amazing song that has been through a few different records and they are struggling to make absolutely perfect. Great they know what they want it to be ,and once they discover it, it will be awesome

edit: by records I mean, physical takes rather than albums.

Last edited:
I also can't believe they haven't settled on a final version of NLOTH yet. How long has that song been around. :huh:

My comments on the titles...

1. Magnificent-don't mind the title, but notmuch of one, either, eh?
2. Get Your Boots On-like
3. No Line on the Horizon-great album name, crappy song name, though.
4. Every Breaking Wave-what!? I hate that.
5. Breathe-loooove it. it's almost got an erotic auro around it. it connotes a tranquil mood, and whenever I hear the title, I hear a whispering voice in my head.
6. Crazy Tonight-eurgh.
7. Stand Up-not bad...
8. Winter-no way can they call a song this.
9. Unknown Caller-I love it!
10. Moment of Surrender-equally as awesome as breathe.
only love is a little tacky.
cedars of lebanon....just no.

Cedars of Lebanon was the best title. Please tell me it hasn't been abandoned.

I thought Cedars was a clumsy title. Every Breaking Wave is my favourite one, it has a very rhythmic, poetic sound to it. MOS is also beautiful, as is Winter, I like simple titles that imply great atmosphere.

Every Breaking Wave is my favourite one, it has a very rhythmic, poetic sound to it.

Sounds like a song title I would've come up with when I was 16. :shrug: One of my least favourite of the bunch (down there with Crazy Tonight :crack: ).

I'm guessing the single will be released early January. With the heaving electro-rocker Get Your Boots On, hm, sounds a bit like Discotheque. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom