Tour Rumours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think got Vertigo tickets in winter 2004, November I think

Not quite. The official announcement of the Vertigo Tour came on the 24th of January 2005, with the first shows on sale on the 28th. This was for both the first and second legs.

I have just heard rumours about a possible show in Zagreb (Croatia). Does anyone have info about it?

rumours, I think, you have to wait til next monday, but I mean, U2 plays only two shows in eastern Europe, exactly in Chorzow/Poland in the middle of August.
That could be possible.

bye

Any folks from France who can inform me about the ticketing sytem in France? If I'm nog mistaken Ticketnet is the site for concert tickets... How does the system work; Do they send you 'real' paper tickets or do they use some kind of ticketfast system?

I'm planning to travel to Paris for my U2 show abroad this year...

Yes you can order on ticketnet.fr and they send you paper tickets ( at least in France, not so sure about abroad.. ) but it would be quite busy on sales days.

since there is no subforum for the new world tour of U2, maybe we can use this thread for this?

These are all rumours collected by Bas Timmers. Here his overview. For sources, visit his website: www.bastimmers.nl � Blog Archive � U2 Tour 2009

Alright, a new U2 world tour is coming up. Until the definitive confirmation comes from U2.com, rumours are flying around the web. As with the previous tour, I think it would be a good idea to grab all these loose touring molecules from the internet and arrange them in a nice and neat overview regarding the European leg. (last update: Sunday January 25th, 1929hrs CET)

Name of the tour: as yet unknown
Stage set-up: ‘360 view, but favoring one end of the stadium, not completely in the round’ said Daniel Lanois. Other source suggests completely in the round
- Barcelona (end of June, (my guess June 27th because it’s on a saturday), source, venue likely Camp Nou or Olympic Stadium
- Seville (July 3rd, Olympic Stadium)
- Milan (July 7 and 8 (source), likely San Siro Stadium)
- Rome (early July, likely Olympic Stadium)
- Amsterdam (early July, probably two nights plus one reserve, Amsterdam Arena)
- Paris (July 10 and 11, Stade de France)
- Nice (July 13, Parc Des Sports Charles Ehrmann)
- London (very likely Wembley, the stadium is reserved for gigs from June 20 to July 18, in the schedule there is still room after the Oasis gig on July 12)
- Dublin (likely July 19 and one subsequent night in Croke Park. More than two gigs is a problem under the current permission of the stadium (Take That plays there in June). Some rumours mention Croke Park end of August, but the GAA doesn’t allow non-sport events in August. One more problem is that Croke doesn’t allow the stage to be built on the pitch, which is unavoidable with the in-the-round setup. Other sources therefore mention Phoenix Park as the venue of choice, August would be an option again then)
- Helsinki (July 25 or August 1st, venue unknown)
- Warsaw (end of July/start of August, source: Polish radio Channel 3 January 7)
- Berlin (my guess early August, Olympiastadion (venue is not available later because of World Championships Track & Field))
- Vienna (August 7 and/or 8, problems though with booking the Ernst Happel Stadium)
- Prague (August 10, if a suitable venue can be found)
- Glasgow (date unknown, Hampden Park)

it actually reads like this

EUROPEAN TOUR SCHEDULE HERE, THE RUMOUR LIST BELOW WILL REMAIN AS WELL TO SEE WHETHER THEY WERE TRUE OR NOT)

- Barcelona (June 29 and 30 (source), source, venue extremely likely Camp Nou (or Olympic Stadium)
- Seville (July 3rd, Olympic Stadium, according to this source)
- Milan (July 7/8, source (older rumours stated July 3/4 (source) or July 7/8 (source), extremely likely San Siro Stadium, source)
- Paris (July 10 and 11, Stade de France, source). Consider this venue and these two dates 99 procent confirmed
- Nice (July 15, Parc Des Sports Charles Ehrmann, source / one source mentions July 13. This could also point to an extra gig at Marseille, Stade Velodrome)
- London (very likely around July 17, very likely Wembley, the stadium is reserved for gigs from June 20 to July 18, in the schedule there is still room after the Oasis gig on July 12)
- Amsterdam (July 21st and 22nd, Amsterdam Arena (source))
- Dublin (very likely July 24, 25 and 27 in Croke Park, as mentioned in Hot Press magazine on February 26th. The Croke Park site also mentions July 19 as a possibility, but that’s unlikely considering the rumours. More than two gigs might be a problem under the current permission of the stadium (Take That plays there in June), but that seems solvable. Some rumours mention Croke Park end of August, but the GAA doesn’t allow non-sport events in August. One more problem is that Croke doesn’t allow the stage to be built on the pitch, which is unavoidable with the in-the-round setup. Other sources therefore mention Phoenix Park as the venue of choice, August would be an option again then)
- Brussels, according to U2 Flanders on July 28 at Stade Roi Baudion / Koning Boudewijn Stadion
- Manchester (apparently early August, City of Manchester stadium)
- Gothenburg, August 1st and 2nd, Ullevi (source)
- Helsinki (July 25 or August 1st, venue unknown)
- Chorzow (Slaski Stadium, source) or Warsaw (apparently two nights, early August, source: Polish radio Channel 3 January 7)
- Berlin (my guess early August, Olympiastadion (venue is not available later because of World Championships Track & Field))
- Prague (August 8 in Na Julisce Stadium according to most recent rumour, or August 10 according to an older one (source))
- Glasgow (August 18, Hampden Park, source)
- Cardiff (apparently August 22, Millennium Stadium)

Rumours that probably aren’t going to happen:
- Rome (apparently August 3, Olympic Stadium) (gig seems to be CANCELLED)
- Vienna (August 7 and/or 8, problems though with booking the Ernst Happel Stadium), gig is very likely not going ahead

Just a thought about the Dublin shows. If they aren't in Croke Park then I honestly haven't got a clue where they will be. I can't remember where I read this now, but I think it was one of Bono's many recent interviews - it said that the tour venues would be all actual stadiums, rather than festival / greenfield sites (again in line with the quasi-in the round staging). If anyone can corroborate this I'd be very grateful. The only stadium in Dublin to suit U2's likely level of attendance has to be Croke Park, whether a stage can be built on the pitch or not. The only other permanent outdoor venue with actual stands is the RDS, but the capacity is 'only' 35,000. Since everybody seems to want to see U2 live in Dublin, the band would probably have to play loads of concerts there to satisfy the likely demand - that's not going to happen, is it?

think you can add Barcelona 30 June; Gothenburg 1,2 August; Pragie 8 August; 5 more dates and we are on 25.

Disappointed we (Amsterdam) only get 2 dates. Will be a fight to get tickets

but i mis the german dates :sad:

According to those dates U2 will play London and Dublin in July, Manchester early-Aug, and Glasgow and Cardiff mid-Aug. That doesn't make sense at all.

According to those dates U2 will play London and Dublin in July, Manchester early-Aug, and Glasgow and Cardiff mid-Aug. That doesn't make sense at all.

The rumour of Manchester in early August doesn't seem to be based on anything very solid. If the Glasgow and Cardiff dates are correct, 20th August would seem more likely for Manchester. Even the rumour of London in July seems only to be based on the assumption that they wouldn't play anywhere other than Wembley, and that's the only weekend that Wembley's free. If they went back to Twickenham, say, the London shows could also be mid-August.

Though as others have said, there's no reason they couldn't make two separate visits to the UK.

Does anyone know if the rumour about U2 playing Gillette Stadium in September is true? I thought U2 gave up big stadiums in the US?

It seems these first two legs will be stadium only, Gillette is the only "Boston" stadium, and word is they will be in the US in September, so probably, check back next week.

Not quite. The official announcement of the Vertigo Tour came on the 24th of January 2005, with the first shows on sale on the 28th. This was for both the first and second legs.

Really? It seemed like such a long time. Still, there was a month or 2 extra then.

Ive not done online swaps and whathaveyou, but what are the odds of 2 decent seating tickets becoming availible on here as a trade or sale? If I can get cheap GA, and trade for seats that would suit me fine. But it is likely to happen?

Otherwise Ill scrap some money up and aim for seats. You people know more about these things than me. :huh:

U.S. tix on sale April 4th?

Someone posted this over at @U2. Not sure where the article is from:

U2 are expected to confirm details of their No Line on the Horizon tour, with tickets on sale from Saturday week for 50 concerts across Europe and North America.

The tour will feature a 360-degree central stage and credit crunch-busting ticket prices which, according to unofficial reports, could be as low as €30.

U2 are due to confirm Irish dates at Dublin’s Croke Park on July 24, 25 and 27 and early August concerts at Wembley, Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium and the City Of Manchester Stadium.

The tour is expected to start at Barcelona’s Nou Camp stadium at the end of June, with dates at Stade de France in Paris on July 10 and 11, then Nice, Berlin and Amsterdam before heading to Dublin for an emotional Croke Park homecoming.

U2 then head for the United States and Canada, with tickets for those concerts going on sale on April 4.

In the US, they are due to play New York, Boston, Chicago, Miami and San Francisco.

The band’s 12th studio album No Line on the Horizon came out on Friday in Ireland, Holland, Germany and Australia and will be released in the rest of Europe and North America today.

Tour tickets are to go on sale on March 14 and an instant sell-out is expected.

U2 manager Paul McGuinness revealed the band’s tour details to music industry magazine Music Week.

Arthur Fogel, global touring chief executive of U2’s promoters Live Nation, confirmed the bargain tickets prices.

He said: "There will be extreme [price] tiering. The notion of single-price tickets is not something I have ever embraced.

"In this particular [economic] climate, it’s important to really look at tiering carefully."

Following Friday’s BBC rooftop gig in London, U2 begin a five-night stint on US TV show The Late Show with David Letterman tonight.

Are they likely to play City of Manchester Stadium, given the new ownership of the football club are the extra funds required by the club - how does their arrangement with the City Council work?

Either way - the football season starts mid august having a date their early August wouldnt seem likely?

I just can't believe there will be 30 euro tickets. It just seems too cheap but then maybe it will make up for it if there are some very expensive tickets at the same time?

I was thinking about Miami the other day: no good venue there. The field at Dolphin Stadium is 340 feet wide (the stage will only be about 150 feet wide).

It's too bad they tore down the Orange Bowl since it looks more and more like the Marlins ballpark won't be built.

Prague needs to be like a week earlier, I'll be there for a month until just before that date in August, that would be extremely disappointing.

30€ ???? :ohmy:

Bono said there will be also expensive tickets, beacuse "rich people have feelings too"

but if the vast majority of the tickets are low (like in a full court GA)... then where in for a treat

leave the expensive tickets to the people who want to arrive 10 minutes before the show to a numbered seat... let THE PEOPLE be the people

the cheaper the tickets, the more shows we can get... U2 will be making money anyway

Back
Top Bottom