Tour Rumours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had subsription every year since 2005 and my member number is low, but I'm afraid I'm going to lose it when they change the site over.

Netherlands: 21, 22, 23, July :drool:, but U2 play never 3 days after

Actually, the Vertigo Tour is the only tour on which U2 did not play 3 full shows in 3 days. You can find at least one instance on every other tour.

It looks impossible for a third gig if they play in Dublin 24, 25, 26 July :hmm:

If U2 plays Amsterdam around 21 July and Belgium on 28 July it could be possible that there'll be a German show in between and thus move Dublin to August...... ...just a thought....

It's one hour flying to Dublin from Amsterdam, and also you go back one hour in timezones, so it's perfectly possible.

Except for the small matter that U2 haven't done six shows in six nights since the War Tour. Three is faintly possible; any more, forget it.

If U2 plays Amsterdam around 21 July and Belgium on 28 July it could be possible that there'll be a German show in between and thus move Dublin to August...... ...just a thought....

Yes, it looks like the Phoenix Park option instead. Emotional, homecoming gig ,...... rubbish! I want to see them in a proper stadium, or even better in a proper arena if the tour was designed for that (Slane was great, but it lost all the intimacy of the elevation tour). So in true Irish tradition I will get the boat in Dun Laoghaire and try to see them in London. (Well, actually, it will be AerLingus, but you get the idea)!

:hmm: We'll just have to wait and find out. I don't believe anything because there is so much that is wrong with the fake ticket sales and everything

Anybody got any info on scottish gigs?

Nothing definite nor direct, but Billy Sloan (long time contact of the band) did say in his column about a month ago that there would a Scottish show at either Hampden or Murrayfield.

If there isn't one, there'll be plenty of trouble :mad:

What continent has their biggest share of loyal fans that have been a fan since their first bloody moments? :madspit: Yes, that's right. EUROPE.

Other than Ireland, the UK and arguably Holland, that's not really true.

U2 first played in the US and Canada in December 1980. Prior to this, they had only played a total of 6 shows on continental Europe: 4 shows in Holland and 1 in Belgium in October 1980 and 1 show in France immediately before going to the US.

U2 made it a major priority to break it big in the US and Canada, coming over to play there a couple months before the album was even sold in North America, instead of focusing only on Europe where it already was for sale.

U2 didn't even play live in the major European countries of Italy until 1985 and Spain until 1987.

Other than Ireland, the UK and arguably Holland, that's not really true.

I don't think Holland is arguably...
-it was the first country they visited outside the UK/Ireland.
-there are only 7 countries where they played more shows (US,Canada,Ireland, UK,Germany,Australia)
-On the last 3 tours, only England and Germany got more shows...for a country of the size of Netherlands that's quite an achievement.
-On the Elevation Tour, apart from slane, U2 sold most tickets in the Netherlands...

Back
Top Bottom