Top Chef: Season 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Howie will be gone soon enough, methinks.

I felt bad for Sandee but she really didn't grill her food. But, if they had judged like they did last week she could have gone ahead if it had tasted great.

:yes:

And I'd say Howie was the #1 whiner. I didn't see the results of the voting on that...

Howie will be gone soon enough, methinks.

I felt bad for Sandee but she really didn't grill her food. But, if they had judged like they did last week she could have gone ahead if it had tasted great.

That is what really didn't sit right with me, either. Last week, they booted off Clay because his food was crap. This week, they get rid of someone who didn't follow the challenge, even though she wasn't the only one.

It makes me wonder how much of a deciding factor the guest judges have. Howie called out Anthony Bourdain on the chefs who serve it right, which from what little I know of him, probably earned Howie some respect from him. But personally, I would rather eat something that wasn't grilled over something that tasted bad.
Sandee seemed pretty good to me. I was sorry to see her go so soon.

cook-your-own.gif

I happened to catch an episode tonite, where they had to make a BBQ dish. Some interesting dishes there! I could probly get into this show, I just have to remember when its on. My TV seems to be always permanently on FOX.

Poor Salman Rushdie...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - British author Salman Rushdie and his wife Padma Lakshmi, host of the television show "Top Chef," are getting divorced, just two weeks after he was awarded a British knighthood, his spokeswoman said on Monday.

"Salman Rushdie has agreed to divorce his wife, Padma Lakshmi, because of her desire to end their marriage," spokeswoman Jin Auh said in a statement.

"He asks that the media respect his privacy at this difficult time."

Rushdie faced a fatwa death warrant from Iranian revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini in 1989 for blasphemy against Islam over his book "The Satanic Verses," forcing him into hiding for nine years.

I'm glad there's no new episode this week. I still have one to get caught up on from when I was away.

I didn't even know they were married until Bonoismymuse pointed it out in this thread. According to Wikipedia, they got married on April 17, 2004, so only a little over three years. :slant: It was his fourth marriage, so I guess it really isn't all that surprising.

I just caught the new episode yesterday. I wasn't too surprised, once I saw it. Not to spoil it for anyone else, in case they don't know, but that person didn't really seem like they wanted to be there. And the dish for the elimination round didn't even look good and apparently tasted as good as it looked.

I will say, this season has been pretty suprising as far as who is going home so far. It does add some extra interest, for me, anyway.

Last edited:
ylimeU2 said:
I didn't even know they were married until Bonoismymuse pointed it out in this thread. According to Wikipedia, they got married on April 17, 2004, so only a little over three years. :slant: It was his fourth marriage, so I guess it really isn't all that surprising.

I just caught the new episode yesterday. I wasn't too surprised, once I saw it. Not to spoil it for anyone else, in case they don't know, but that person didn't really seem like they wanted to be there. And the dish for the elimination round didn't even look good and apparently tasted as good as it looked.

I will say, this season has been pretty suprising as far as who is going home so far. It does add some extra interest, for me, anyway.

You do have a good point there, re: that they didn't seem as if they wanted to be there. I was still hoping that it would have been someone else *coughshowiecoughs* ;)

wow i never knew she was married to salman rushdie...huh!

sucks for him :( (and her too i mean if she wasnt happy in the marriage that sucks)

The show really does seem to be focusing only on the best and the worst and ignoring everyone in the middle. I don't even think they've been showing everybody's dishes during the quick fire challenges this season.

I liked the challenge last night with pairing the appetizer with the drinks, but I got bored with the elimination challenge.

Is it just me, or does it seem that only a few personalities have really stood out this season because up until last night I don't think I even heard Pineapple Upside Down Cake girl (forgot her name :shh: ) speak, let alone cook. :scratch:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20040769_20040772_20045866,00.html

Some people this season just don't stand out at all. It isn't you. Especially with a couple of the girls. When the losers were at judges table, I wondered who in the hell they were.

I think Bonoismymuse is right, they aren't focusing much at all on the people in the middle. I'm not really sure I'm loving this season. Better then season 2, but certainly not as good as season one.

ylimeU2 said:

Some people this season just don't stand out at all. It isn't you. Especially with a couple of the girls. When the losers were at judges table, I wondered who in the hell they were.

I think Bonoismymuse is right, they aren't focusing much at all on the people in the middle. I'm not really sure I'm loving this season. Better then season 2, but certainly not as good as season one.

I loved Season 1, that's how I got into this show in the first place, was when they showed a marathon of 1. I never saw season 2.

I hope the next few weeks improve upon the last couple.

so far the season is :yawn: Finally caught last weeks epidose over the weekend. No one is really a stand-out, unless they are loud or troublesome (Harold, the Asian guy who was friends with Marcel from season 2) or realllly tall (whatever his name is).

I wanted Hung to go home. I think his days are numbered. Too arrogant and the two dishes he made today had me guessing correctly about him being in the bottom before anyone got to taste them.

Last night's episode was pretty good. I liked the challenge. It was the first episode in awhile where I felt like I learned something about cooking that I could actually use (I often don't have great luck freezing pasta). I was really surprised by the outcome, though. Sara didn't do anything, so I think she should've been the one to go. She's yet to prove herself, and Joey has been in the top group a few times. I felt really bad for him when he was so upset. I think he deserved to stay.

I agree too - Sara didn't seem to do much in the challenge. And Joey just didn't listen, but then again, it's Hung, who really annoys me. Not as much as Howie though. At least I know Howie can cook. Meh, any of the 4 of them could have went home. When Tre & CJ froze everything individually, I knew they were probably going to win the challenge. Good for them :up:

Joey & Hung couldn't give away free food :lol:

I thought Hung or Howie were gonna go. I thought Joey was the least likely to go, as a matter of fact. Hung was just being an arse :wink: and Howie has been in the bottom too many times.

I loved that CJ and Tre (my two favorites) were paired together and won.

I felt bad for Joey, he definitely grew on me. I agree, Sara should have been the one to go.

I agree on all counts. :up:

What really gets me about Joey going over Sara is that Sara has done practically nothing (just like she did in that challenge). I think she is one that does just enough to get by. Howie called it right on that count. Joey at least tries. Yeah, he screwed up, but she didn't do anything and still managed to screw up. Which is worse?

As for the actually challenges this week, they both reminded me of season one. They did the blind taste test in season one, and the microwave meals. Pretty much the same thing this week. I still thought it was one of the better episodes.

BonosLil'Pal94 said:
I thought Hung or Howie were gonna go. I thought Joey was the least likely to go, as a matter of fact. Hung was just being an arse :wink: and Howie has been in the bottom too many times.

Howie is just gross. After watching him week after week, I don't think I would want to eat something he cooked. :lol:

Hung is an arse and I think it is going to end up hurting him if he makes it to the end. Both seasons ended with the eliminated chefs acting as sous chefs to the finalists. It hurt Tiffani in season one, and Marcell in season two.

Howie is a huge dick. Can't take criticism, immediately goes on the attack if anyone offers any criticism (even when it's perfectly valid), doesn't understand in the slightest how to work in a team, and, well, the guy just sweats too much over his food. I don't want chef sweat in my food. I think (and hope) his days are be numbered, though.

My guess is that Sara M. (has she done anything noteworthy this entire series?) is the next to go, then Howie. Even though Howie has cooked some good meals, I get the feeling the judges are getting tired of his dickish ways.

Diemen said:

My guess is that Sara M. (has she done anything noteworthy this entire series?) is the next to go, then Howie. Even though Howie has cooked some good meals, I get the feeling the judges are getting tired of his dickish ways.

God I hope so.

Who knew that Howie would be the big bad wolf, over Hung?

And yeah, his sweating really turns me off from wanting to taste anything he's cooked!

Now, CJ :drool: (I love how he just towers over Hung btw, lol)

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom