Tiniest bit of U2 news...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
I haven't seen mention of this anywhere on Interference yet, so iI though I'd post it. I noticed that Anton Corbijn updated his site last month, and he mentioned this:

"i am writing these words where i am sitting often: 33000 feet above the ground. the world looks always beautiful from up here, maybe that is partly why i fly so much. i have enjoyed 2004 so far which is rare as i generally dislike the start of a new year. i am trying to put a very large U2 photo-book of our 22 years working together together (it's so nice i say it twice) which has taken me much longer than i originally expected but i feel it could be a great book so i'll stick to it. it must be the book season as i also have been putting things together for a book with herbert groenemeyer and designing my section for a book on the dutch band golden earring, of whom i was a huge fan in the late 60's and early 70's. i've taken photos with them over the years as well as making a video in 1986. i have turned down a lot of work this year because of my U2 book stuff but some of the few photo-shoots i have done recently have been: a shoot in berlin with some of germany's best and most beautiful actresses for the german Zoo magazine which should be out late march... i had a two week break just now and caught up with some movies like 'finding nemo' and 'lost in translation' but still far behind with what i want to see. need to see 'dogville' and 'mystic river' soon. need to take more pictures of U2. need to put a dvd of all my videos together. need to write more. need to write more often. need to land. see ya"

so i guess they're still doing stuff for the new album sleeve? or maybe a new magazine spread? guess we'll find out soon enough.

U2girl said:
But is he taking pics for the U2 book he mentioned or the new album?

:confused:

I think his book is a compilation of all the photos he's done with them, which probably includes the new album stuff. So the photos he still has to take could be for both. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom