TICKET DROPS thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long would you all experienced GAers say it is safe to wait on the "dropped" GA tickets? I am looking for 2 more for the Sunday show in Chicago, but we are nervous to wait too long...

Thanks, Galeongirl. Argh, I'm going crazy, but I think I'll wait. It just seems shameful to pay $190 + fees for GA.

Thanks, Galeongirl. Argh, I'm going crazy, but I think I'll wait. It just seems shameful to pay $190 + fees for GA.

You are right on that. Just stick to face value tickets! You are not helping the band or yourself by buying from scalpers or reselling sites like stubhub and seatwave. They suck.

Good luck. And don't fret too much.

You are right on that. Just stick to face value tickets! You are not helping the band or yourself by buying from scalpers or reselling sites like stubhub and seatwave. They suck.

Good luck. And don't fret too much.

Yes, thank you. I know you are right. Do you know....do they ever have GA tickets come up available at the box office on the day of the show? Just trying to get a Plan A, B and C put in place!

Yes, thank you. I know you are right. Do you know....do they ever have GA tickets come up available at the box office on the day of the show? Just trying to get a Plan A, B and C put in place!

Yes, on the US/Canada leg several members of this board got tickets at the box office. Even GA's , but those are (obviously) more uncommon than seats.
Sometime's some of the 300 $ Seats get priced down to 150 ish , so you might just end up getting or trying to talk some money off on those anyway.

If you are in the neighborhood, you can use this as plan B , or C :wink:

I had the TM site map up last night and I swear it was the craziest thing..I could not look away///1 minute the GA's would pop up, then they would be gone...then they would be back again...and on and on...I would highly recommend just putting the map on your desKtop and watch IT..cause who knows when they may Pop up again!

I can pull up four balcony tix ($85 each) for Boston 3...

I'm pretty sure they never sold out Boston 3 or 4, so I don't think that's a drop. When a show doesn't sell out the first day, guaranteed you can get tickets on stubhub for less than face value when it gets close to show time.

You don't want any part of those tickets anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Boston 3 and 4 didn't sell out, but for a while when they took the maps down (several weeks) no tickets (aside from "resale" tix) were available. They came back last week, including some very good $300 seats which were likely previously listed as the VIP seats.
Still nothing for 1 and 2.

They'll end up selling out Boston 3 and 4, but yea, you should be able to get yourself a really good deal on the secondary market for those shows.

I wouldn't be so sure. LA 5 had tons of unsold seats and yet the secondary market never dropped below face. It ended up sold out.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I agree...this tour is actually gaining momentum as far as interest, so the closer to the show, the less the deals will be. I was able to get a below face ticket to Montreal on the secondary market about a month out but as it got closer resale ticket prices were higher (even with all the evenko drops).

Exactly. I think LA5 bottomed out around Memorial day, and that was around face. It then started to spike as the word of mouth around the shows started to hit. Also, the expected ticket drop never happened.

One thing we did learn was sometimes the resale tickets will go back to the venue for face, but that doesn't always happen before the show starts, so you may miss the first 1-4 songs if you try that.

I agree...this tour is actually gaining momentum as far as interest, so the closer to the show, the less the deals will be. I was able to get a below face ticket to Montreal on the secondary market about a month out but as it got closer resale ticket prices were higher (even with all the evenko drops).

I sold two 300-level seats outside the Bell Center for $50 (total) on Saturday - the highest demand of the four shows - and had to straight up eat 2 GA's for Tuesday. I wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment. I think the weekday Boston shows will be a piece of cake for under face value tickets.

I tried for days to get a GA for LA5 and nada. I was monitoring StubHub and the Ticketmaster resale frequently and anything near face was getting snapped up. For Boston? I can't imagine the demand will be much less than it was in LA.

If someone wants to risk it, they can, but I know people who weren't able to get into LA5 because there were no tix near face the night of the show.

You can also probably negotiate with scalpers on the street outside the venue. I know of somebody who ended up with a $300 (Canadian) seat for $100 for MTL 1, which was a Friday night. Bought the ticket around 45 minutes before show time. Scalpers/secondary market will eventually panic... it's just a bit tougher for online listings, since they usually have to come down X amount of hours before a show begins.

After a bunch of scalped tickets for the first couple of LA shows ended up being fakes, I didn't even want to bother with scalpers. But, yeah, it's basically a game of chicken. If you are willing to miss part of the show, you can get a deal.

ETA: StubHub kept their listings up until 8:30. The ticketmaster resale shut down at 6pm, then as those tickets were released, they were being sold at the box office.

After a bunch of scalped tickets for the first couple of LA shows ended up being fakes, I didn't even want to bother with scalpers. But, yeah, it's basically a game of chicken. If you are willing to miss part of the show, you can get a deal.

I hear you, but you're taking the same risk buying on StubHub, Vivid, etc. They're all cut from the same cloth, and brokers will often just have people selling their tickets on the street for them. Unfortunate to hear about false tickets no matter what, though.

My friend didn't have to miss any part of the show either, got there with about 10 minutes to spare before Patti Smith came on the PA.

It's risky for sure, but doable if it's the only option.

I hear you, but you're taking the same risk buying on StubHub, Vivid, etc. They're all cut from the same cloth, and brokers will often just have people selling their tickets on the street for them. Unfortunate to hear about false tickets no matter what, though.

My friend didn't have to miss any part of the show either, got there with about 10 minutes to spare before Patti Smith came on the PA.

It's risky for sure, but doable if it's the only option.

Don't think StubHub is close to the same level of risk as buying outside the venue, they will refund and/or replace with comparable tickets if the tix are fakes or duplicates. Plus regular sellers on there don't want to get blackballed.

Lower level seats ($300 corner ones) opened up for Toronto both nights - no GA's though for either night.

Damn, I got excited for a sec :sigh:

I'm completely confused as a reseller through ticketmaster. I want to lower my tickets for tomorrow night and ticketmaster will only let me go so far ($210 for tickets I paid $240 for). It is my understanding if I don't sell them and don't remove them as for sale, ticketmaster removes them and possibly resells them!!! So I lose any possible chance to make money on them and they might make money in the seats twice?!? Is that seriously right? I'm willing to take far less at this point, but I can't seem to get ticketmaster to let me transfer then either. I'm thinking I might have to give a buyer my ticketmaster log in to print them off at home. Sorry, this probably isn't the right place to post this. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom