Things I Hate, Spring Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My daughter's friend is having her leg amputated today. She is only 10 and has been battling a rare type of bone cancer for the last 2 years. They thought it was gone, but it came back. Praying that this will finally make her cancer free.

Yeah that really sucks . But honestly, someone who would do that to you on your birthday-why would you want to be with them? Sorry, don't mean to sound patronizing or cold, etc. Doesn't make it hurt any less, I know. I just don't get why someone would do that.

He didn't know it was my birthday. I guess I should've put that in my original post so I didn't make him sound like such a devil. No, I never told him it was my birthday.

He just had AMAZING, intuitive timing! :crack:

My daughter's friend is having her leg amputated today. She is only 10 and has been battling a rare type of bone cancer for the last 2 years. They thought it was gone, but it came back. Praying that this will finally make her cancer free.

So sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers that everything turns out well.

I hate it that my workplace is going to change drastically again, just as I'm starting to get used to it. Our main cook is leaving to work somewhere else and my one coworker can only work two days a week. My boss is going to have to hire several new people and the guy that is leaving is pretty much his best friend, so I wonder how he's going to handle that in the long run. Everything happens for a reason and maybe it will get better, especially if we actually have more than a total of four people who work there, but I'm kind of in shock and change in general makes me anxious. :uhoh: :sigh:

:lol: Sounds like a plan!

Yeah, most of my family are staunch conservatives who believe all the conspiracy theories about Obama. They get their news from conservative sources and get knee-jerk reactions to whatever is reported, hence getting even those reports mixed up. Sometimes my dad will come to me with stories that sound too bizarre to be true and then I do my research and sure enough, he got his facts all wrong. But he - and the rest of my family - won't ever wake up and realize how crazy and misinformed they sound. Sigh!

That's funny, I have a lot of liberal Facebook friends who are the same way but with opposite political beliefs.

He didn't know it was my birthday. I guess I should've put that in my original post so I didn't make him sound like such a devil. No, I never told him it was my birthday.

He just had AMAZING, intuitive timing! :crack:

Still sucks of course. I think it's sad that he didn't know. You weren't together long enough or whatever the reason.

No matter, I'm just sorry about it. I've had a very painful circumstance surrounding my birthday so I get it. For me it's not something I can undo or change, for you I'm sure it's just a bump in the road until you find the one :)

Eye infection. :crack: I really hop from one stupid bodily malfunction to the other, it's ridiculous. Nothing is seriously dangerous or whatever, but I'm never fully healthy either.

Right now I think it's not an infection, because nothing's red. But something is making it really hard to open my left eye. Perhaps a blockage or too much fluid? Dunno, but I think I should call the doc tomorrow to see what's up.
Since my bad eye is blocked now, the good one has to do all the looking. Which, of course, results in lovely headaches and tiredness. :crack: Blegh, I'm such a whiney little sucker sometimes.

My day yesterday: Being dumped on your birthday and then getting a hundred messages on Facebook saying --Happy Birthday! Have a fantastic, amazing day!--

:sad:

:angry: what an asshat; I'm sorry lovely :hug:

:( thoughts and prayers that she will be cancer free :hug:

Eye infection. :crack: I really hop from one stupid bodily malfunction to the other, it's ridiculous. Nothing is seriously dangerous or whatever, but I'm never fully healthy either.

:hug: get better gorgeous girl!

people who blatantly, unashamedly rort the system :madwife: . . . we have a family who have not paid fees for their kids tuition ever as they claim to have no income at all; this is despite the fact that mummy drives the latest european 4wd, has her hair straightened and her nails done every week, they have just finished renovating their f*ck off big house in a very good area, have trips overseas every year and yesterday one of their kiddies posted on facebook that mummy and daddy bought iPhone 5's for all 5 family members . . . it just makes me incandescent that they would so readily take advantage of a system that has been put in place to assist those families at our school who have genuine hardship issues (parents have lost jobs, passed on, become ill etc) . . . and that we have families who could genuinely claim hardship but won't and instead work their asses off at several jobs to get their kids through school :rant: :angry: :gah: god it rattles my cage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:zen:

Her friend has cancer. Your argument is invalid. Do your civic duty.

I hate having to go to jury duty. :|

I hate forgetting I had homework for one of my college classes and scrambling to get it done during class without seeming suspicious.

One of my favorite cereals is Nabisco Mini Wheats (Brown Sugar flavor). There are some no-name brands that pull off copies very well, so when I saw the no-name version on sale, I figured "of any product, how hard is it to make shredded wheat? Its shredded wheat!".

Well thank you for proving me wrong No-Name Frosted Wheats cereal, you taste like utter shit. Seriously, how do you fuck up shredded wheat? :huh:

Back
Top Bottom