Things I hate Part Eleventy Bazillion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When people asked you to come over and their doorbell isn't working. :grumpy: Hey, I even knocked twice and still nobody opening? Pff, I went back home!

Packing my suitcase :doh:

Man, I hate it. I travel a lot and I'm going away on holidays tomorrow, but packing my suitcase, even if just for a couple of days, is pure horror for me. I never know what to take with me. It takes me hours and hours to go through all the stuff in my wardrobe. I want to take summer clothes and warm stuff and all kinds of books and cd's and other stuff. My suitcase is big, but never big enough. I'm just scared that I take the wrong stuff with me.

And the worst part is: It's always too much! I usually return home from tavels and realise that I didn't even need half of the stuff I had packed into my suitcase :|

that i think i'm jetlagged? ever since i've got back i've been getting tired waaaay earlier, like 930pm, falling asleep by 10 and waking up at like 6am? is that jetlag? it's weird. cos i didn't get it when we landed in the US. i hope it goes away.

the other night i was at a mate's place and i fell asleep halfway through a conversation. you can't imagine how embarrassing that is.

i've never had jetlag which i admit is totally ridiculous, but it sounds like you could be. though some could argue sleeping 10pm-6am isn't early. :madspit:

edit: bah, my post makes no sense. i think it's ridiculous that i've never had jetlag, i should say. :lol:

Last edited:
that i think i'm jetlagged? ever since i've got back i've been getting tired waaaay earlier, like 930pm, falling asleep by 10 and waking up at like 6am? is that jetlag? it's weird. cos i didn't get it when we landed in the US. i hope it goes away.

the other night i was at a mate's place and i fell asleep halfway through a conversation. you can't imagine how embarrassing that is.

Sounds totally like jetlag. How long since you returned? How many hours difference? Jetlag occurrs sometimes, and other times it doesn't. It can be only for the first day, or last a week. For some people there's a rule of thumb: For every one hour difference in time, one day to adjust. Most people I know, this rule doesn't apply. It will go away, for sure, but it can take a while. Sometimes you fall asleep always at the same time, other times it can be different.
When I went to Australia and when I came back I didn't have any trouble with it. When I went to the US I only went to bed early the first day, but that's more because I traveled for 24 hours and arrived early the next morning, so I only got a few hours of sleep.
But when I came back from the US, I had the worst jetlag I've ever experienced, and it lasted one week. Sometimes I'd fall asleep at 9pm and be awake from 4am with no chance of falling asleep again, like after the first night home. The second night, I went to bed before midnight and slept until 3.30pm. Then waking up at 4 again. And I had the same as you, I couldn't control when I'd fall asleep. It happened very suddenly that this extreme tiredness overcame me.
Some people are trying to avoid jetlag by forcing themselves to stay awake for 48 hours or more and then go to bed at regular time. But that doesn't always work.
So jetlag can be quite a bitch, but good thing is: It will go again. :wink:

Melatonin temporarily to help you off of jetlag, if that's what it is :up:

< hates mosquitoes. They'll be the death of me if they keep stinging me at this rate :sad:

Sometimes I hate that I care too much about fallout and consequences- because I wish I could just tell some people to f off, and what I really think of them.

I'm good at telling people positive things that I think about them, negative-not so much. At a certain point it ceases to be effective to just tell them in my head.

Sometimes I hate that I care too much about fallout and consequences- because I wish I could just tell some people to f off, and what I really think of them.

I'm good at telling people positive things that I think about them, negative-not so much. At a certain point it ceases to be effective to just tell them in my head.

I have the exact same thing... :hug: Though lately, it seems I get a little tiny bit better in telling people such things. But it remains difficult, and like you said, it seems I'm also better to tell positive things instead of negative... :sigh:

When people asked you to come over and their doorbell isn't working. :grumpy: Hey, I even knocked twice and still nobody opening? Pff, I went back home!

. . . mebbe they saw you coming :wink: :giggle: :hug:

:lol: that's kinda cute actually . . . unless you drooled all over self whilst sleeping and then :yikes: . . . and jetlag, most definitely :)

that last sentence had me spitting coffee all over my computer . . . :lol: . . . bit fat DITTO :hi5: . . . although I totally agree that the catharsis that is telling a douchebag exactly what they are is a winner, I still firmly believe that in the end, you catch more bees with honey and trying to find the good in even the douchiest of douches is the happier way to fly :shrug:

:)

waiting. waiting. WAITING. I am the least patient person I know. :waiting: How long has it been, now?:|

I had the worst jetlag when I came back from Africa, and it wasn't even the time difference as much as it combined with the 26 hour flight that killed me. Terrible.

i was getting to sleep my usual-ish time, 11 or later. 2am some nights.

i won't be sleeping tomorrow night. i'm seeing LCD Soundsystem and Hot Chip. :hyper:

I had the worst jetlag when I came back from Africa, and it wasn't even the time difference as much as it combined with the 26 hour flight that killed me. Terrible.

But did you see any futbol while you were away :wink: . . . priorities :tsk: j/k

i was getting to sleep my usual-ish time, 11 or later. 2am some nights.

i won't be sleeping tomorrow night. i'm seeing LCD Soundsystem and Hot Chip. :hyper:

show off :shame:

10pm - 6am sounds pretty normal to me :lol:
I usually don't have jetlag (or I don't notice that I have one) when I'm visiting a place for vacation. Because there's too much adrenaline, I'm usually excited to see things, and I can stay up all night and wake up late and not really care about it. Coming back is another story. Then it's like my body is trying to catch up on sleep, and I'd fall asleep very early and could sleep for 10 hours for a week before I'd feel normal again.

Whenever I go and visit my parents in Indonesia (which is 12 hours difference from East Coast US) I would have jetlag for the first 3-5 days. I'd let it run its course before my body gets adjusted to the time difference. I'd be taking a 4-hour nap at 2pm, and stay up until 2am. The good thing is I get to talk to my brothers that late at night, because they don't get home until 11pm.

waiting. waiting. WAITING. I am the least patient person I know. :waiting:|

Jeez, SORRY, I replied to your pm already! :grumpy:

:D
Power outage last night = no router, no internet, no Blackberry. :panic: All those and no light = Alma asleep by 8.30pm. :D

:shifty: that I got fined for talking (well, actually, I was having a reasonably heated discussion with the other half at the time, so talking is being kinda polite :giggle: ) on my shiny pretty phone :reject: . . . thank god the kiddies weren't in the car or my shame would be tenfold . . . but :angry: . . . $253 and 3 points off my licence . . . the clincher . . . it was the purple that gave me away :scream: . . . :sigh:

OK, this thread is the perfect place for me to vent without hurting anyone's feelings. I HATE about 95% of the stuff Kelly watches on TV. Which wasn't such a problem when I was in our office on the computer. But since I got my laptop & can sit in the den with him, I'm more aware of what he's watching. And that, right now, is a constant diet of Criminal Minds. I abhor, detest & despise this effin' show - the acting, the writing, the stupid quotes at the beginning & end of each episode. Even the opening credits annoy the shit out of me. And he watches it constantly - :gah:!!!!!

How can a man with such shit taste in 'entertainment' be so lovable?????? :hmm: :reject:

/rant

can you switch him over to CSI? It's much better. The original, not the stupid New York and Miami spinoffs.

Thing is, I hate CSI also. Along with NCIS. I like Law & Order SVU, but I don't want to watch 4 & 5 episodes at a time. If he's not watching reruns on Ion or A&E, then he's catching current episodes on whatever network airs them.

I think the problem is that I'm a TV snob. :ohmy: I watch Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, Good Eats, Diners Drive-ins & Dives, Lockup, The First 48, Forensic Files, American Justice. Kelly likes a few of those, but the forensic stuff bores him to tears, so I only watch them when he's not around. Truth is, I shouldn't be complaining - if I'm going to sit in the den with my laptop, not even "watching" TV, then I've got no right to complain about what he's got on the tube. But it's so horrible... I can't ignore it! :doh:

I can (and will) however, focus on a bowl of ice cream for the rest of my evening. 'Nite, crackers! :D

well, if what you watch on TV is your biggest dissagreement, I think you're gonna be OK.:sexywink:

It's sports (no matter what) at our house. MrPurrl told me when we first started hanging out together, lo these 29 years ago, that he would watch anything on TV "with a ball in it, no matter the shape of the ball", so I can't say I wasn't warned. :D I can read, surf, sleep, whatever.

:crack: When you realise halfway through shopping for shitloads of groceries that you forgot the strap on cycle bag you need to carry said shitloads in.

I'm trying to drink a cup of tea but my whole left arm is shaking due to having to carry about 5kg of groceries with it while I tried to cycle with a backpack full and another bag on the back of my bike. :doh: Stupid stupid STUPID.

And the worst thing? :reject: Now I can't game.

well, if what you watch on TV is your biggest dissagreement, I think you're gonna be OK.:sexywink:
:laugh: You're absolutely, right, Romi. And I think I've decided on a solution. I'm just going to start wearing my headphones/earbuds every night, & play music while I web surf. Good tunes > crap television :D

Woo-hoo!!! :cabbagepatch: :hi5:
Chris Meloni.... :drool: Him and Mariska :combust:
:yes: :up: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom