The top 5 most awesomely bad U2 songs....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redhotswami said:

I don't think I've heard that one.

So...does this mean everyone is a fan of Pop Muzik? I forgot it existed until now, probably because it was way in the back of my mind, busy sucking golfballs throug a water hose, and thus didn't put it on my list.

It was good for a concert-starter-get-the-crowd-going type of song but other than that :down:

redhotswami said:

I don't think I've heard that one.

I couldn't think of another song, so whenever I can't think of a song I say Popozao.

That god-awful Kevin Federline song (I refuse to call that jackhole K-Fed)

MrBrau1 said:
How can people list "Big Girls Are Best"?

That's the most succesful song from the Pop era.

They play like a funk band on that tune. And merge it with a Beatles prechorus.

It's so frickin' loose.

Funk is great. U2 playing loose is even better.

But the song still is horrid. :wink:

redhotswami said:
So...does this mean everyone is a fan of Pop Muzik? I forgot it existed until now, probably because it was way in the back of my mind, busy sucking golfballs through a water hose, and thus didn't put it on my list.

Are you kidding? Pop Muzik is all :love: and :drool: and :heart: !

I didn't want to count covers on my list, because then Fortunate Son would be right up there.

Miami - Good try...NOT!!
Red Light- Huh?
Grace - Lovely concept though...
Some Days Are Better Than Others - Some songs are better too
When Love Comes To Town - As annoying as hell...something about that song has always rubbed me the wrong way

Those are the songs I normally skip or rarely listen to.

Zootlesque said:

Why? Because they're slightly different from stereotypical U2?

I knew this wouldn't take long for a response i was thinking of adding to my previous post "sorry if i offend anyone"...

Well possibly that would have something to do with it... Me don't like.

Jeffo17 said:

I knew this wouldn't take long for a response i was thinking of adding to my previous post "sorry if i offend anyone"...

Well possibly that would have something to do with it... Me don't like.

Why apologize? You like what you like and you don't like what you don't like.

I thought Zoot's response was a little condescending and a little rude. Let someone have an opinion without being snide!

Why does it always have to be such a freaking US vs THEM zone around here? Jiminy Christmas!

Bono's Betty said:
SYCMIOYO :reject: and I kinda feel bad (I know I'm :coocoo: ) for that one because I know the song means a lot to Bono but I just can't stand to listen to it.

SYCMIOYO nearly made my list. Excluding ABOY and possibly Vertigo, I think it's the biggest dead weight on HTDAAB. It's an absolute clunker. I don't even feel much emotion in the studio version - it's like it has been polished and varnished so much that its emotion has been rubbed off.

LikeNoOneBefore said:
New York (basically any song with the name of a place)

Ugh, yes, I hate it when bands name songs after cities. It strikes me as unimaginative. Though, actually, I would love U2 to do a song entitled Ngaruawahia just to see people trying to pronounce it. That would really put it on the map too!

Zootlesque said:
I will never understand the hate for Red Light.

Three problems:
1. The ultra-cheesy eighties female backing vocals.
2. The ultra-cheesy eighties trumpet or whatever the hell that is.
3. Bono's AWFUL singing.

Edge isn't bad on that track and a couple of lyrics aren't total shite, but that's it.

I apologize if my response to Jeffo was rude. It's just.. people that simply dismiss anything that dares to sound slightly different from quintessential "classic" U2, without giving it a chance to grow on them, frustrate me. Not saying that's what Jeffo is doing. To each his/her own. I shouldn't assume.

MrBrau1 said:
Hating "Lemon" is a crime here.

We need more criminals on Interference.

Murder is a crime too.

Like murdering a pretty interesting experimental song with constant falsetto.

phillyfan26 said:

Murder is a crime too.

Like murdering a pretty interesting experimental song with constant falsetto.

Like murdering an assessment of a song by criticising one of its best aspects.

Axver said:

Like murdering an assessment of a song by criticising one of its best aspects.

Well, IMO, falsetto is best used sparingly and for effect, like in Dirty Day.

Lemon, used normally, would have been great, I think. The falsetto being used like that ruined it for me.

Back
Top Bottom