The Sopranos: The Final Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
note that she shut the door on him in a way reminiscent of how Michael shuts the door on Kay in the first Godfather.

Melfi is us. she's through with getting her kicks off these gangsters -- remember the first season where she was at a dinner party at stood on a toilet to get a better view of Tony's house -- and she's out.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

True, but if David Chase all of a sudden decides that in the last episode Paulie's a snitch, what's Tony Sirico going to do, quit?

I'd hate for Paulie to be a rat, too, but that's how it goes. :shrug:

You will recall a few episodes back when Tony took Paulie on his boat
and Paulie had dreams of being whacked like Big Pussy.

Well, why would Paulie have that in his subconscious?

Irvine511 said:
note that she shut the door on him in a way reminiscent of how Michael shuts the door on Kay in the first Godfather.

Melfi is us. she's through with getting her kicks off these gangsters -- remember the first season where she was at a dinner party at stood on a toilet to get a better view of Tony's house -- and she's out.

:yes: Exactly. That was my favorite part of the whole episode, maybe even the whole season. That was a powerful moment.

Irvine511 said:
:hyper:

are you ready?

can you remember all that's happened?

here's a brilliant refresher.

That IS brilliant. So much you forget. I had to watch it 3 times and I still don't think I caught all of it!

As for all the loose ends people are talking about, David Chase was quoted in Daily Variety as saying the beauty of having the show on HBO is that the network doesn't expect or want him to tie everything up nice and neat from week to week or season to season, so I don't see that happening for the finale either.

I really hope Tony doesn't end up dead but it ain't lookin' good!

joyfulgirl said:

:yes: Exactly. That was my favorite part of the whole episode, maybe even the whole season. That was a powerful moment.

Melfi is ultimately the only "good" person. though perhaps Charmine, Artie's wife, qualifies as well.

i thought one of the very best episodes of the entire series was when she was (horribly) raped. it was probably the ugliest thing to happen to any character, ever, and she knew she could have had Tony kill the guy, or worse.

but she says, powerfully, memorably, "no."

thusly ending the cycle of violence. something these monsters could never, ever do.

Ahhhh, now that's some good TV. God bless the internet and torrents.

I was nervous watching for the whole 50 minutes. I'm going to be a wreck next week! :yikes:

A helpful tip from a friend:

FYI: Next week's episode is listed as 61 minutes. If you're taping/TiVoing/DVRing, whatevering - pad that ending.

Irvine511 said:

i thought one of the very best episodes of the entire series was when she was (horribly) raped. it was probably the ugliest thing to happen to any character, ever, and she knew she could have had Tony kill the guy, or worse.

but she says, powerfully, memorably, "no."

thusly ending the cycle of violence. something these monsters could never, ever do.

I agree about Melfi's rape as being one of the most powerful episodes of the whole series.....it was never brought up again in later seasons....and her urge to tell Tony about it for revenge was heartwrenching to watch

I'm finally caught up on the season, so I don't have to avoid this thread like the plague. :hyper:

Bobby. :sad: :sad:

Mr. BAW said:
And hasn't Meadow filled out to be a fine-looking woman....:up:

I've been thinking the same thing this season, she's gorgeous. :up:

ETA - oh yeah. Did that episode fly by for anyone else? I felt like I'd been watching for five minutes when the end credits started rolling. Wow.

Last edited:
Some more pondering of Paulie's loyalty...

His hate for Carmela; remember he and Vito having to give up $200K from that score...

He was hated how he was always overlooked by the big scores and kickbacks that were giving to Chris and Bobby...

His mother's funeral...NO ONE from the family came except Tony and Carmela; everyone else was at Chris' memorial...

The sale of the Refuse company; Tony diss'd him again so he went after the kid on his own to get a $4K a month kickback without T's knowledge...

I just think we're gonna see Paulie sitting in the back of an FBI car before this is over...and Agent Harris sitting in Satriale's with a grin on his face.

Mr. BAW said:
Some more pondering of Paulie's loyalty...

His hate for Carmela; remember he and Vito having to give up $200K from that score...

He was hated how he was always overlooked by the big scores and kickbacks that were giving to Chris and Bobby...

His mother's funeral...NO ONE from the family came except Tony and Carmela; everyone else was at Chris' memorial...

The sale of the Refuse company; Tony diss'd him again so he went after the kid on his own to get a $4K a month kickback without T's knowledge...

I just think we're gonna see Paulie sitting in the back of an FBI car before this is over...and Agent Harris sitting in Satriale's with a grin on his face.

I just can't see Tony getting killed. It wouldn't surprise me if it was Paulie but it also wouldn't surprise me to see him change his mind from the guilt
of what's happened so far or Phil getting it and Tony just going to jail at the end.

Time Warner and all others involved would leave too much money on the table if they killed Tony Soprano. They have to leave open the possibility
of The Sopranos - The Movie. It might be awhile before it happens but I have to believe that it will.

I had a loooong convo about this show today, and came up with my theory about what's going to happen.

I think AJ and Meadow are doomed, Tony is going to lose his family and his Family. That means the kids have to go, whether Carm also dies I don't know because even if she lives losing the kids will be the end of Tony and Carmella.

I think it's possible that Vito's son (what's his name?) will come back into the picture and wreck havoc, or AJ and Meadow will get caught in the crossfire in one way or another. There are so many possibilities.

He's already gone a long way towards losing his Family, Sil will die and although I hate to say it I think Paulie will turn on him. I think it's more likely he'll go w/New York rather than the FBI, but one way or another he will betray Tony.

I can see Tony dying, except it seems almost too obvious, you know? I think maybe he won't die, but he'll up in the wind, alone and ruined. His family will be gone, his other Family will be gone, and he'll be alone.

I love the idea of a Sopranos prequel showing how Junior and Tony's dad came up and built their organization. I'd kind of hate to see a movie with present-day Tony, I'd like his story to end when The Sopranos ends on Sunday, period.

Of course, part of me would love to see Paulie be Tony's ally to the end, and for the 2 of them to come up with some way to get to Phil, but I don't think that kind of ending would be true to the spirit of the last 6 seasons of the show, you know?

I'm getting more and more excited for Sunday's episode, it can't come soon enough!!

OMG...the episode with Christopher and Paulie lost in the woods was just on A&E....that is the best episode ever...I laughed all over again...even though it was edited!! Paulie's hair in this episode:lmao:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Two more days. :sad:

Can't wait to see how "this thing of ours" ends. I'll be stopping at the store for wine and gabbagol on Sunday. :drool:

i've never been so attached to a TV show.

i'm sure there's going to be the inevitable disappointment. the whole, "what they should have done is ..."

but it's been an amazing 8 years.

amazing.

It's been so much fun watching people guess how this show is going to end. And that's been going on for years," said Van Zandt, whose gig as a guitarist in Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band isn't a bad job to fall back on when "The Sopranos" wraps. "And this week, it's even more crazy. When Silvio got shot this week, Bruce and [the rest of the band] were watching it. I got a lot of sympathy calls this week. I gotta get shot more often."

:lol: :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom