"The Political Person"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FizzingWhizzbees

ONE love, blood, life
I'm tiredtiredtiredtired. :yawn: (Or tired X4 if you prefer that).

I don't even remember the last night I got home before 9pm because I was in some meeting or another. I do so much volunteer stuff like anti-racism campaigning and anti-war campaigning and loads of other political campaigns. And for the most part, I love doing it, it's one of the most important things I do. It's just that sometimes it gets overwhelming. I mean I haven't even had time to go shopping for groceries in the last two weeks so I'm living on take-away food. I'm just exhausted by it all.

I'm sick of everyone just seeing me as "the political person." I'm tired of that being my label. Everyone knows what I think politically and next to no one knows what I think about music or movies or life in general. I'm sick of people only calling when they need me to go to a meeting or write a leaflet. I don't expect people I work with politically to act as though I'm their best friend, I just wish I actually had the time to make some friends outside of politics.

I don't know. I'm confused. That's my confession, I'm confused. And tired. And sick of being boring and political and not having any friends. :: shuts up ::

Sorry, end of rant.

Maybe you should consider getting paid for the political work you do. Or do more interesting stuff. Internship?

Sometimes I?m sick of all that too. But then again, there?s a lot of passion. Take a break.

Yeah, tell me about it.

Not only am I "the political friend" I'm also "liberal." So apparently my extremely republican friends don't even ask me about what I feel about things then they just ASSUME I'm against them (not even just politics).

Consider going to a group to talk politics so you won't have to vent it to your friends all the time? When I was in my American Politics Class I was almost TIRED of talking politics.

I was like that in college. I was NEVER in my room. President of EVERYTHING, in charge of every event, etc. And I'm crap at delegating, so I was always doing almost everything by myself.

Maybe try taking a break from some things. Not entirely giving them up, but just saying no sometimes (as hard as that is!!) and doing something completely non-political. Decide which causes/activities are most important to you and devote the most time to those.

Hope you feel better! :hug:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone :) I'm going to try and take a break from all the political stuff a little, and try and find some interests outside of politics.

Back
Top Bottom