The Official 2007 AFL Season Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mike Shehan is arguably the worst AFL analyst-journalist in the land...Rohan Connolly is much better

And all of sudden apparently the Crows are the new near-certanties to make the grand final on the back of one decent win according to Mike Sheahan

Typical of him... they played like a bunch of girls last Sunday against us. If they make the GF at all (though they won't), they'll get thrashed.

I was on Drinkin' Island for most of the weekend so I found out the results of the Lions/Eagles game Sunday morning. I wanted to go back to sleep. :huh:

intedomine said:
Mike Shehan is arguably the worst AFL analyst-journalist in the land...Rohan Connolly is much better

I wouldn't say that he is the worst, not by a long shot, but he and a few journos tend to over-enthusiastically back a team after they have put in a good performance. It's week-by-week. If Collingwood beats us by 50 next week (God forbid :uhoh: ) you watch, he will write a story saying that they should be at least second favourite for the premiership, and will then eat his words the following week.

I much prefer Robert Walls and Mark Robinson.

And by the way, does anyone watch Footy Classified? It's so annoying! Caroline Wilson has got to be the biggest know-it-all there is. She just drops lines like, "well actually the Essendon inner-sanctum were very unhappy with the way he perfomed himself" with the biggest grin on her face. And does she elaborate? No? Hutchy annoys me and Wayne Fairy just drops massive claims every five minutes. "They have to keep Fevola." etc

COBL_04 said:

I much prefer Robert Walls and Mark Robinson.

And by the way, does anyone watch Footy Classified? It's so annoying! Caroline Wilson has got to be the biggest know-it-all there is. She just drops lines like, "well actually the Essendon inner-sanctum were very unhappy with the way he perfomed himself" with the biggest grin on her face. And does she elaborate? No? Hutchy annoys me and Wayne Fairy just drops massive claims every five minutes. "They have to keep Fevola." etc

Walls is a gun...

FC is pretty cool, except for the over-rated player and over-rated commentator and full-time bore Garry lyon...

Caro Wilson cops a lotta shit, but most of it is only cause she is a woman. She's the AFL's best and most accurate newsbreaker

Question for you Sydneysiders... does it get decent coverage up there now? Considering they have made the past two grand finals? Or does the rugby still kick ass?

COBL_04 said:
Question for you Sydneysiders... does it get decent coverage up there now? Considering they have made the past two grand finals? Or does the rugby still kick ass?

Probably since '03-'04 we get every game either live or half hour delay (at least thats the case here in Newcastle)...
All Swannies games are either on Saturday arvo (live), Saturday night (usually 30 min delay) or Sunday arvo (live)...
They never play Friday's (probably cos NSW has back-to-back NRL from 7:30 Friday nights)... NRL is still the more popular game but i'd say but AFL coverage has definately increased and popularity is also increasing- especially in the papers since the grandfinals...
I guess we are pretty lucky cos we are always guarenteed to get every Swannies game regardless...

Nah it's the rugby union that sucks, NRL is great. :p Sure, a lot of the NRL fans and most of the players are boofheads, but if you can look beyond that the game itself is a great balance of strength, speed, and skill.

Anyway yes go the Swannies. :p

Good to hear :up:

Though I'm sorry but I just can't appreciate a game where all they do is run into each other, fall over, and get back up again.

Chumbawumba described the game perfectly. :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm off to watch the first ep of the new season of TGYH!! :hyper:

TGYH :notworthy:

We don't have an outdoor aerial at the moment, and the digital box has lost reception. I sawPeter Helier in grainy(er - than his skit :lol: ) black and white, which looked funny though.

COBL_04 said:
Good to hear :up:

Though I'm sorry but I just can't appreciate a game where all they do is run into each other, fall over, and get back up again.

Chumbawumba described the game perfectly. :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm off to watch the first ep of the new season of TGYH!! :hyper:

Ohh no, I'm not taking that bait, not in this thread. :p

TGYH is great but do you think they should either get rid of Tom Gleisner or give him a less sucky role?

:lol:

I definitely think they need to do either of those two things. I've never been a huge fan of him, he has always annoyed me, even from the Late Show days.

Zihua said:

Ohh no, I'm not taking that bait, not in this thread. :p

TGYH is great but do you think they should either get rid of Tom Gleisner or give him a less sucky role?

I'm so glad other people think this. Him sitting there with his pen and papers being shuffled really gets on my tits. If you don't approve, Tom, get up there and do frigging better yourself! You were never that funny anyway! But then, I can't handle people criticising Sean Micallef.
:wink:

Maurie Fields would have been great, but I always associate him with Shane Bourne. Not that that would ever happen, being a Working Dog production and all, and Mr Fields no longer being with us.
:sigh:

What they really need to do is get Rob Sitch doing a few eps. He is frigging hilarious. This week's ep btw:

Merrick Watts, Hamish Blake, Nish and Kate..... umm fruck I can't think of her last name.

Now, back to footy :lol:

Kate the breastfeeding whatshername from The Panel?

Footy...Did Sydney win? I went out on the cans and missed the game. Besides, our local decided that their 4 tvs should show the rugby and thugby, so I missed it even up there. Bastards.

Yes, that’s the one. Langbrook.

Sydney play tomorrow :lol:

Catters won… but I do hope we drop one soon. I don’t want to drop one in the finals. Not again…

Anyway I have had the worst day, scroll past if you want :tongue:

It started with getting up early for work. Halfway through the boss asks me to clean the car wash. Luckily for me, some guy has just dumped a whole load of horse crap, mud and grass all over it. So I clean that off. Then as I’m finishing, I have to top up the car wash with soap and wax. So I top up the soap and then poor the wax in. But then I have a bad feeling I wasn’t supposed to mix the wax and the soap. So I grab this old, dirty fanta bottle and start scooping out the wax. Works so far. But then my hands get slippery and it drops in and sinks to the bottom. So I start freaking out. Should have been a quick five minute job, and I was taking like fifteen minutes. So I go in shoulder-deep to dry to fish it out. No go. So I grab the crappy shovel thing which was used to scoop the mud, horse shit and grass out (washed it first) and try to dig the thing out. Eventually it rises to the top. Big sigh of relief as I try to get rid of the soap and wax and water of my shirt.

Then the phone rings. It’s mum. They’re in Essendon looking at couches so no one can pick me up. Of course dad failed to mention this when he dropped me off. I didn’t take my wallet to get a bus home because I assumed I’d get picked up. So I start walking home. 40 friggin minutes. My legs are killing me. All the while I’m trying to organise going to the Geel v Coll game (see this is how it relates). So I get home at 1 o’clock. My mate rings like twenty mintes later. We’re getting on this train. Cool, cya. Ring mum. Where are you. Picking Amy up. So I miss that train. Wait. Ring mum again. Seriously, where are you I need to go. Yeah… we’ll be home soon… miss that train. Eventually they get home. Drive to station. Missed another train. Go home. Get a jumper and a bag. Go to station. Get on a train. Cool. Might be there before half time.

Get a phone call from me mate. Yeah they’ve sold out. Go back to Werribee, we’re just getting something to eat, then heading back to my place to watch it. Ok, cool, no worries. So I get off at Flinders station (about 50 mintutes each way btw) thinking that they have already left (that call was half an hour ago). So I get back into Werribee at four. A little pissed off, but surely it will go once I meet up with them back at my mates place. So I ring him.

Oh nah, we’re still at Kensington. (about 40 minutes away).
Oh great.
*awkward silence*
Well I guess I’ll head home then
Alright cya *hangs up abruptly*

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
I wasn’t so pissed about missing the game. What I was pissed about was 1) they didn’t invite me for something to eat. 2) they didn’t care to share that they planned on staying in the city for a fair bit longer. 3) weren’t gonna ring me at all. 4) didn’t reply to any messages.

I was FRIGGIN furious!!!!

So I had to go home. Coourse, mum and dad are out again, so I have to wait twenty minutes for a bus. It’s pissing rain. So I walk home again from the bus stop.

[/bitchy rant]

I think I need a hug :( :sigh:

Sorry if you sat through that.

Now back to footy. :shifty:

Saints by 2 over Crows
Cats by 16 over Pies
Port by 91 over Eagles!!!
Dogs by 33 over Essendon
And the lions by 44 over the Dees.

With Syd/Car, Haw/Rich and Frem/Kang to come.

:hug: :hug: anything else you need cobl ? :flirt:

i was pissed that the mighty pies couldnt take down geelong today :madwife: those pussys must be ready to drop a game by now, hoping they will run out of steam soon .
nothing worse than when geelong is in the finals.

anyway dont worry about missing getting to the game, most of the geelong fans got their late or not at all because of the vline train drivers strike :lmao:

Oh COBL you poor thing :hug: :hug: although i did find your story very entertaining :giggle: ..... sorry :reject:

:shocked: jen.... you're a pies fan!??!?!? isn't that criminal in Victoria :wink:

Anna...:drunk: :wink:

Anyway, im gettin my swannies scarf out and im ready to plonk my arse infront of the telly this arvo :cool: god i hope we win...

mysterious_jen said:

im a pies fan and i live in GEELONG
thats not just criminal its treason , suprised i havent been lynched for it !
And you still have all your limbs?!?!
*Breaking news.... Geelong residents seen chasing jen out of town with pitchforks..."WITCH....WITCH!!!!!!!!!"*

We are playing our worst footy on over five years, I tell you.

We'll bounce back, we tend to suck around this time, and we're still going to beat Geelong by 80 points at the end of September (again :wink:) but I'm really put out right now. :(

Acrobat Angel said:
Oh COBL you poor thing :hug: although i did find your story very entertaining ..... sorry :reject:

Thank you. And I think it is a pretty entertaining story as well lol. I mean definitely wasn't funny for me, but I think it'd be hilarious for others.

mysterious_jen said:
:hug: anything else you need cobl ? :flirt:

i was pissed that the mighty pies couldnt take down geelong today :madwife: those pussys must be ready to drop a game by now, hoping they will run out of steam soon .
nothing worse than when geelong is in the finals.

anyway dont worry about missing getting to the game, most of the geelong fans got their late or not at all because of the vline train drivers strike

Thank you so much. I feel a bit better today. Is there anything else I need?.... :hmm: :flirt:

You're a PIES fan???? You even live in Geelong! How do you deal with us fans?? And what a game. Ah well the world needs all the cyclopses we can get (I hope someone gets that joke).

I live here in Wezza and I didn't get in, but that was disgraceful on the part of Vline. Disgraceful. There are no excuses. I hope they feel like crap now.

mysterious_jen said:
:lmao: still working up a curse for those bastards for the finals ... :giggle: they will CHOKE i tell you CHOKE .....

:mad:

We will not choke. Not again.
I hate Nick Davis.

Btw I cannot believe that Cloke nailed that goal from like the boundary, 45 out. He can't kick from 10m but he gets that. The one game where he kicks straight. Although again if Mooney had kicked sttraight we woulda blown yas out of the water...

And yes the Eagles aren't travelling to well hey... 91 points I was like wtf?? Maybe you do need Cousins with Judd reported to be in for surgery soon...

And Darwin Sportsbet has this thing going on Geelong. The four options are Cats to win AFL flag, Cats to win VFL flag, Joel Selwood to win the Rising Star and Ablett to win the Brownlow.

COBL_04 said:

Thank you. And I think it is a pretty entertaining story as well lol. I mean definitely wasn't funny for me, but I think it'd be hilarious for others.

Thank you so much. I feel a bit better today. Is there anything else I need?.... :hmm: :flirt:

You're a PIES fan???? You even live in Geelong! How do you deal with us fans?? And what a game. Ah well the world needs all the cyclopses we can get (I hope someone gets that joke). [end quote]

im not that one eyed ....

ok well mabey i am :giggle:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom