The National (Part 2) - High Violet & Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I played a little acoustic set down the shore, composed mostly of National covers.

1. Ball & Biscuit
2. Apartment Story
3. The Geese of Beverly Road
4. Brainy
5. Slow Show
6. Terrible Love
7. Afraid of Everyone

Audio or it didnt happen

but seriously, when are you going to let us hear some?

He's posted covers here before, though typically through Facebook.

I'm morbidly curious to know how an acoustic Ball And Biscuit could have turned out, but I really want to hear Geese.

well it looks like these Brooklyn Buffs are playing some festivals here at the end of the year. if i can get some more people interested i'll be going for sure... but if they play sideshows i will do my very best to get to at least one.

Well in my case they won't be playing anywhere less than 700 km away. Festivals in Vic, WA and fucking Queensland???? :angry: And in the middle of summer too :faint:

Go for me, Danny and enjoy....

Really nice stripped down versions of "England," "Terrible Love," and "Bloodbuzz" here. Also includes a rendition of "You Were a Kindness," if you haven't heard that yet.

Really nice stripped down versions of "England," "Terrible Love," and "Bloodbuzz" here. Also includes a rendition of "You Were a Kindness," if you haven't heard that yet.

Neat. Listening now, especially since THE NASH! shouted out The Current for their constant support of the band at their Thursday night show.

Went to the National show in Vienna last Wednesday, it was actually part of a little Indie festival with 4 bands performing and the National playing as the main act. I had no idea what to expect, but it was fantastic. Here's what they played:

Start A War
Anyone's Ghost
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Mistaken For Strangers
Secret Meeting
Squalor Victoria
Afraid Of Everyone
Available
Cardinal Song
Little Faith
Conversation 16
Apartment Story
Sorrow
Abel
England
Fake Empire

Encore:
Runaway
Slow Show
Mr. November
Terrible Love

Does Matt always wander off into the audience? He did that during the encore, almost struck me down and strangled people with his microphon cable :huh: Man, that was scary, but also cool :lol:

Great show, I'm really enjoying their music right now :up:

Does Matt always wander off into the audience? He did that during the encore, almost struck me down and strangled people with his microphon cable :huh: Man, that was scary, but also cool :lol:

Great show, I'm really enjoying their music right now :up:

Yeah, pretty much -- I think he wandered through the crowd and out to the beer stand and video screens (which are in a little courtyard off to the side of the performance area) at the show I went to. I couldn't help but laugh at all the "what the hell is he doing?" comments. :lol:

I met a guy wearing a National T-shirt tonight. I wish I remembered his name. He got the T-shirt when he saw them on the Boxer Tour, that's about all I remember.

I seen The National again Sunday night at The Electric Picnic festival, I sneaked in just to see them, I caught the end of Mumford and Sons set too, which sounded pretty good,

The National were really great again, Would have been even better if there sound engineer wasnt so clueless!!! He had the levels all over the place, The Guitars were burried, The Bass was so loud it was breaking up and dominating all the other instruments, I was really close, had a great spot for the gig, and still the sound was brutal, the Piano wasn't audable for Squalor Victor, The Guitar riff was missing from Abel, Very bad Sound Engineer!!! There were some great moments tho, and I could see glimpses of how good it should have been!!! I still enjoyed the frustrating gig! :)

They have just announced Tour Dates for Ireland in December!!! :ohmy:
VERY HAPPY!!!! :hyper:

I'd rather catch SARS than catch any portion of a Mumford & Sons set.

Man another great album from these guys. The National remind me of Spoon, flying just under the radar and making amazing music on a consistant basis without apeing for the public's approval with echo-y guitars and reverb.

Expanded Edition Bonus Disc (Nov. 23rd):

1. Terrible Love (alternate version)
2. Wake Up You Saints
3. You Were a Kindness
4. Walk Off
5. Sin-Eaters
6. Bloodbuzz Ohio (Live on KCMP)
7. Anyone’s Ghost (Live at BAM)
8. England (Live at BAM)

I'm excited to hear the alternate Terrible Love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom