The Legend of U2’s ‘Acrobat’*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chad@vfgloans said:
I am a novice at responding to "threads" but I would like to add my two cents! Acrobat reminds me of the one great rock song that all U2 albums have in common. It is the hidden gem. It reminds me of "Crumbs", "Wild Honey", "Gone", "Acrobat","The First Time", "Silver and Gold", "One Tree Hill", "Sort of A Home coming", "Drowning Man". These songs are the glue to the albums and add so much to the greatness of the albums!

Speaking of the U2 albums that still hold up well, War still has such a great sound to it.

Wild Honey= a gem?
:wink:

Thanks for publishing this article about Acrobat.

I always wondered if it was ever played live. It is one of the most powerful U2 songs... The build-up of emotion the band creates at the end of the song is amazing.

-- TD

The John Tree said:
To tell you the truth, I don't want it played now because I don't believe it would fit in with this U2.

Acrobat is a very Achtung-Zoo TV era song. It's dark, it has to do with the breakdown of a relationship, and it is possibly the most bitter song these boys have ever written.

And in the midst of the paranoid feel of the Zoo TV tour, it would work. But next to Window In The Skies and Beautiful Day? It wouldn't fit the mood of the current U2 shows.

I'd disagree with that as far as the Vert tour goes b/c they had the litle set-aside with the Mini-Zoo set!:drool: :drool:

this dosen't mean i myself aren't excited about the possibilty of seeing WITS played live in ? 1 - 2+ yrs! :hyper::drool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom