The "Irishteen Clips" *the first recordings of U2's new sound*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, I'm loving the ending. That's clearly discernible and sounds very, very promising.

U2 Neat, you're our new hero! :bow:

Axver said:
Holy shit, this recording reminds me of trying to identify songs during setlist parties when it sounded like U2 were at the other end of a wind tunnel. And underwater.

Ah, memories :drool:

I've never been so excited by so much noise. :hyper:

It would be great to get a cleaner version. From what I can hear, the vocal seems very direct/intense, and the guitar very interesting!

Very neat, U2_Neat. :wink:

This just shows how bored we all are since the tour ended in 2006 and we haven't had a new album since 2004. Seriously, who the hell knows what this recording picked up, they could have just been fooling around after normal sessions, warming up before, etc- could have been anything. This is not necessarily how the next album will sound, remember all the speculation about HTDAAB?? One thing we can almost take to the bank here, however, is that we will have a new sound. U2 never really produces bad music, I'm confident in their ability to do a damn good job on whatever direction they take. Even though they change sound, all of their music is distinct and unique to them. All the songs on AB, though much different than JT, you knew it was the same band playing them.

It's so hard to get much out of this.

However, I've managed to get myself extremely excited.

First of all, that chorus from the Lanois video was easily my favorite portion of the Fez clips. I think it sounded very soulful, reminding me a lot of the "Wake Up" Arcade Fire chorus they used to open the Vertigo tour.

For me, this clip takes that chorus, building on it, as far as I can tell, some genuinely interesting work from Edge as well as some intriguing, not-so-happy vocals from Bono. It seems like he might be getting more personal, but that's based solely on the sound of the vocals.

I really wish he would move in that direction. It's easy for Bono to sing about love and peace on LAPOE but lyrics from the Arcade Fire song like, "we're just a million little gods causing rain storms/turning every good thing to rust" come across as more honest and, honestly, connect better. For me, the problem with LAPOE was not the sound; it was the bland, shallow message.

Of course, this is all speculation. But with that chorus, that guitar, and those vocals all being observable to one degree or another, I am extremely interested in this song. I hope they're moving in a more emotional, less "sugary" direction.

bono_man2002 said:

A positive U2 Comment!

You've got the wrong site buddy! :wink:

Oh, that's right, U2 are complete sellouts and this sounds like Slipknot. First they do Coldplay, now nu-metal. What hacks!

(Seriously, I'm totally not seeing these bizarre Slipknot/Rage comparisons. But hey, it's Interference, it's not meant to make sense.)

Axver said:

Oh, that's right, U2 are complete sellouts and this sounds like Slipknot. First they do Coldplay, now nu-metal. What hacks!

Thats more like it! :wink:

On A Serious note.......G!

But It kinda sounds alright, I'll have to have a listen at home, its not quite that good at work with just one headphone in the ear, but it does bring back memories of the setlist parties. Can't wait to hear some more clips even if it just Edge doing scales, or Bono picking his nose.

I could be on crack, but it sounds like Edge and Bono are maybe trading vocals just past the two-minute mark? Like Axver says, very promising! Sounds very ballsy, if I can use a word I don't think I've ever used before. :wink:

U2_Neat said:

about 10-15' after you left.

So maybe I'll show up around 8:30 to 9 tomorrow and hopefully they have a schedule and we can get a recording

I could try using the laptop again and sending it straight to be cleaned up, and hopefully it will come out good

you're welcome people, again sorry for the bad quality, you 're getting only 40% from what I was hearing, but hopefully the next recording will make up for it!

U2_Neat said:
we can do the cleaning on-the-fly.
but as i said, i don't think they'll play the song at the same time as today.

I think they might play it around the same time, and that maybe they've worked out a system, where they practice until evening then do a take

Axver said:

(Seriously, I'm totally not seeing these bizarre Slipknot/Rage comparisons. But hey, it's Interference, it's not meant to make sense.)

The audio quality makes it sound like that is what I meant.

u2_neat and irishteen what were your impressions of the music your were hearing? is there anything we're not getting from these clips?

U2neat were you in the 2nd pen in hawaii???

good luck with getting more recordings have you seen brian around??

it sounds like a transition from ATYCLB/HTDAAB to another place, it's somewhere in between two worlds, but it's just a demo, so it's not finished yet.

I heard new guitar effects, a beautiful solo, and Bono's voice being in a great shape. The vocal line is also very interesting Unfortunately, I couldn't make out any lyrics, apart from the "No Line On The Horizon" bit.

After listening to this, can anyone see Bono snippeting Killing In The Name during Bullet? I can.

This guy comes up to me
His face red like a rose on a thorn bush
Like all the colors of a royal flush
And he's peeling off those dollar bills
Slapping them down
One hundred
Two hundred
UNGH!!!! YEAH MUTHAFUCKA I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!!! UNGHH!!!!!

LemonMelon said:
After listening to this, can anyone see Bono snippeting Killing In The Name during Bullet? I can.

This guy comes up to me
His face red like a rose on a thorn bush
Like all the colors of a royal flush
And he's peeling off those dollar bills
Slapping them down
One hundred
Two hundred
UNGH!!!! YEAH MUTHAFUCKA I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!!! UNGHH!!!!!

:lmao:

Well, he HAS snippeted The Real Slim Shady in Bullet, so hell, anything's possible.

Okay people I'm going to bed now but for tomorrow what's the best recording software for me to use on my laptop? Oh and it has to be free unless you guys are sponsoring me and U2 Neat here :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom