The guest spot thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeevey

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
You have opened quite the can of worms by posting the MJB version of One. :wink:

I had forgotten about Boots/Pump It Up/Subterranean Homesick Blues. That's an awesome performance. I seem to remember enjoying the whole set of performances from that show.

I had forgotten about Boots/Pump It Up/Subterranean Homesick Blues. That's an awesome performance. I seem to remember enjoying the whole set of performances from that show.

It is pretty good. Just rewatched it last nite. I'd forgotten about it as well.

You have opened quite the can of worms by posting the MJB version of One. :wink:

Was there a lot of Mary J hate? I'm a little new around here. I can imagine it, esp with the stylistic crossover. The thing I love about it is that they clearly love playing with her. When you can see that people are having a great time, that's worth a lot.

Hmm. I'm kinda shocked there's not a youtube link for "Sweet Fire Of Love" by Robbie Robertson. It's basically all of U2 backing Robbie Robertson. Cool to hear Edge trade solos with him. Good tune. I'll try and put it up tomorrow.

Was there a lot of Mary J hate? I'm a little new around here. I can imagine it, esp with the stylistic crossover. The thing I love about it is that they clearly love playing with her. When you can see that people are having a great time, that's worth a lot.

First off, welcome. :)

Second off, people on this forum tend to detest the MJB cover of One. Not necessarily MJB herself, just the cover. Personally... I think that it's a good idea on paper, but I have a hard time enjoying it. But that's just my taste.

I've been giving Falling at Your Feet a good amount of spins since I bought the soundtrack last year...

Falling at your feet/Bono & Daniel Lanois - YouTube

Otherwise, I guess The Wanderer stands out the most in terms of others collaborating with U2. I never minded the MJB duet with U2 either... not ground-breaking by any means, but hardly a disappointment either.

That's the best version of that tune. Beating out Johnny Cash by a hair. A tiny, tiny hair.

I've always enjoyed this, but the title leaves out the fact they play a bit of "Subterranean Homesick Blues" by Bob Dylan. 3 tunes in 1.

Pump It Up + Get On Your Boots: Elvis Costello, Bono, The Edge - YouTube

Had never heard that before, that was fun.

Larry with Emmylou Harris. Beautiful song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VG5PnFBk1g

Had never heard that before, that was gorgeous.

Had never heard that before, that was very cool.

Thanks for posting, and, I wonder what else is out there that is somehow unfamiliar to me.....

My favorite time was when they were on the 360 tour, and they brought out the special guest EVE HEWSON, and she hung around and laughed and watched while they played "Party Girl".

What a great song! Forgot about that one. I haven't heard it in years! Thanks for posting!

U2 has performed with so many great artists over the years. I'm Not Your Baby by U2 and Sinead is one of my favorites.

Sinead O'Connor & U2 - I'm Not Your Baby - YouTube
Also, I originally was going to post the Bono/Jools Holland collaboration of Velvet Dress but couldn't find one appropriate. Anybody?

First off, welcome. :)

Second off, people on this forum tend to detest the MJB cover of One. Not necessarily MJB herself, just the cover. Personally... I think that it's a good idea on paper, but I have a hard time enjoying it. But that's just my taste.

:love: Forever the diplomat eh Digi?

Personally, I'd say it's the worst thing U2 have ever recorded. :wink:

^ Incredible version of "One".

And I love the songs Bono did with the Corrs. "Where the stars go blue" is a Ryan Adams cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s8InI68tkQ

Their cover of "Summer Wine" is even better, Bono's voice is in great form:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHEYYNODygo

Both of the songs appeared on an official concert DVD by the Corrs.

I came across these two songs from the Aung San Suu Kyi concert in Dublin last year. Damian Rice was filling in for Edge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEP_qJAq6K4

Bono & Damien Rice - Walk On (Live at "Electric Burma", Dublin, Ireland, 18.06.2012) - YouTube

Damn guys, I had never heard those two from electric burma.

Friggin' awesome stuff. Never heard Bono's voice in such a great condition in the last 15 years. And Damien Rice plays their songs so well that I could consider him the fifth member of the group. Never heard a guy play other band's songs so damn good.

Thank you last unicorn for making me discover those pearls

Back
Top Bottom