The GOP News Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I recall many around here, from left and right, saying that the GOP needs to realise that if they ever want to be elected again they have to stop pandering to the extreme right.

Rick Santorum disagrees. He thinks they should take a leaf out of Tony Abbott's book - he's our current PM, and perhaps the most conservative one we've ever had - and hold onto those more extreme values.

Former senator Rick Santorum says Mr Abbott was able to win government while sticking to his right-wing Catholic principles.

"Australia is clearly to the left of us on most of these moral cultural issues and yet Tony Abbott is a conservative Catholic who didn't change his positions one bit, but was able to go out there and connect with average voters," Mr Santorum told Fox News.

:huh: Rick Santorum praises 'hardliner' Tony Abbott, says US conservatives could learn lessons from him - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Sounds like a surefire way to urge the likes of INDY to move to Australia.

Sounds like a surefire way to urge the likes of INDY to move to Australia.

elle-macpherson-ansshare.com_.jpeg

Australia had me at Elle.

You know how a lot of people don't understand how bad the fashion of their era is going to look 20 or 30 years down the road? That's that haircut.

Can we now hold the GOP responsible for the lead poisoning of children in Flint, and hopefully toss the governor in jail?

Honestly. It's fucking outrageous.

Can we now hold the GOP responsible for the lead poisoning of children in Flint, and hopefully toss the governor in jail?

Honestly. It's fucking outrageous.

My grandmother lives in Flint and is currently in the hospital because of pneumonia. They're testing for Legionnaires disease. I swear to god if she got it because of the water I will make it my personal mission to destroy Rick Snyder's life.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

i know there are good things and bad things about Michael Moore, but this was his first major movie and it's really amazing, and it's all about Flint in the 1980s:

roger_and_me_xlg.jpg

Flint is what the majority of this country would be like if the GOP were allowed unchecked power over the government. Voting for the Republican Party is morally reprehensible.

My grandmother lives in Flint and is currently in the hospital because of pneumonia. They're testing for Legionnaires disease. I swear to god if she got it because of the water I will make it my personal mission to destroy Rick Snyder's life.
That is horrible, I hope her condition improves and quickly.

wow this is one of the heaviest and saddest thing I've seen for a while. (ad sure, Rick can really go to hell by now)

She is doing okay and out of the hospital. She had problems with her antibiotics but she was very dehydrated on account of not drinking enough water...fuck Snyder

Where are you guys getting this "blame the Republicans" rant for the bad water in Flint?

The entire city council are Democrats.

It was a Democratic mayor of the city who brushed off complaints about the water from the residents.

Democrats are running the show there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom