The GA ticket face value day of show (read before you move)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gunsnroses

The Fly
This thread is to help me get a better understanding of how Ga tickets weres old at venues across the country on the first 360 leg. On the last tour I went to Chicago 1, Boston 1, and NY 1&2, and on all of these shows there were GA tickets for sale on ticketmaster the day of or the day before the show. Was it like that for other US shows too? Plus, do you think that will repeat on this tour also? I wanna go to Denver and Pittsburgh, but only pay face value for tickets.

WARNING:

I thought I noticed a few ticket drops happening last summer, on schedule for the originally scheduled dates.

For the folks that really pay close attention to these ticket drops, was it my imagination, or did it really happen? I thought about picking up a few GA's then, but it seemed pointless, because I had no clue when the rescheduled dates would be. But that leads to the warning:

If some ticket drops already happened last summer, there may be nothing left for some venues for this coming summer!

But the question I asked does need some clarification. I have no idea if every venue got ticket drops last summer or not. I remember seeing a bunch of GA's for Denver show up. I think Miami and Philly had some extra tickets drop too. But I have no clue if it happened for every venue or not.

WARNING:

I thought I noticed a few ticket drops happening last summer, on schedule for the originally scheduled dates.

For the folks that really pay close attention to these ticket drops, was it my imagination, or did it really happen? I thought about picking up a few GA's then, but it seemed pointless, because I had no clue when the rescheduled dates would be. But that leads to the warning:

If some ticket drops already happened last summer, there may be nothing left for some venues for this coming summer!

But the question I asked does need some clarification. I have no idea if every venue got ticket drops last summer or not. I remember seeing a bunch of GA's for Denver show up. I think Miami and Philly had some extra tickets drop too. But I have no clue if it happened for every venue or not.

Minneapolis had a GA drop about a year ago. I don't believe there were any others for MN.

I've gotten tickets through drops several times for various artists.

With U2, I specifically remember picking up GA's 3-4 days before NJ1, DC and Atlanta on the 09 US Leg...

This year in Europe, I was able to pick up a Red Zone ticket through a drop for Munich, and a first row seat side stage for Brussels1 (Brussels had been sold out since it went on sale)

Drops are often reliable, and great ways to get last minute tickets. 9 times out of 10, there will be drops anywhere from a week to a few hours before a show. If that doesn't work, you could just lowball scalpers in the parking lot. For stadium shows in over-saturated markets, that works like a charm.

I was able to get Chicago I GA tickets that Friday (day before show).

I plan on doing the same for Anaheim 2.

Back
Top Bottom