The Club Album - Will.I.Am

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to wonder about folks that don't like Crazy Tonight...
Maybe starting on the lyrics which, instead of telling something, are a mere listing of (poor) lyrical lines with no logical connection at all.
Instrumentally, although too cliché'd, I actually enjoy it and don't have anything against it, I think it would've work with different kind of lyrics.

Maybe starting on the lyrics which, instead of telling something, are a mere listing of (poor) lyrical lines with no logical connection at all.
Instrumentally, although too cliché'd, I actually enjoy it and don't have anything against it, I think it would've work with different kind of lyrics.

I agree the lyrics are awful. Bono needs to pull his finger out of his a$$.

I was listening to Crazy Tonight in my car the other day with my mom and she said something like "I hate it when he tries to act all wise like he's trying to teach us a lesson, and it doesn't seem to make any sense."

I was listening to Crazy Tonight in my car the other day with my mom and she said something like "I hate it when he tries to act all wise like he's trying to teach us a lesson, and it doesn't seem to make any sense."

:lol:

You should start a twitter account, "sh*t your mom says", you might just get a short lived sitcom out of it...

This thread is so off topic.

Back on topic:

:cabbagepatch:
Agreed. Speaking of which, I just found this:
OONTS OONTS OONTS OONTS
Crazy-Ass Website said:
Like the very essence of the soul, the oonts strums through the air, the ground, and your very being. The oonts is nothing, yet contains everything. Once the oonts has permeated your existence, nothing can ever really be the same again. Vibrations in the mist, rumblings in the emptiness of space. Your body shakes and shudders to the power and mystery of the oonts. Do not run, child. Do not cringe, or cry, or avert your eyes or your mind. Allow your consciousness to be enveloped. There is a missing piece to your puzzle, I know. You feel it, every night as you stare at the stars, baiting sleep. Every day as you stare at the wall of your cubicle, silently wailing in unheard protest. With your family, your friends, your loved one. As you lie in the sun, warming your corpse, the holder of something that has long since died. As you kneel in church, seeking answers for questions that do not want to be sought. As you stare into the eyes of madness that greets you everyday in the street, grizzled forgottens bedding down on the concrete, manicured phantoms riding behind tinted windows of ignorance and sorrow. It is there when the butterfly spreads her wings, flapping the air with the rhythmic pulse. As the noble hawk soars into the azure sky. It is in the sea, the power harnessed only in myth and in the mind.
And so what of you, fair traveler? Do you seek something? For sure we all do, so let me take your hand. I am your guide, yet I also seek what you have lost, or have never owned. This is the way of the oonts. Come, my friend, I hear something just over that hill. Hear how it calls to you. That smile crossing your face was not there before. Believe me, I know. So come, toward the sound we will go. Do not be afraid. It is only the....

OONTS OONTS OONTS OONTS!!!!

Ah, I didn't notice that it was a link, I thought he was just underlining the OONTS for proper and necessary emphasis.

I really want to know who wrote that on their webspace on the UC Santa Barbara website!!!! And I kind of want to bookmark it, it's like the greatest site of all time.

"LISTEN TO OONTS!"

Crazy-Ass Website said:
Do not run, child. Do not cringe, or cry, or avert your eyes or your mind.
Club album lyrics confirmed?
Seriously, all it needs is a "kneel" and it could pass for, like, five different U2 songs.

OONTS OONTS OONTS OONTS
Can't believe the news today OONTS OONTS OONTS
OONTS I can't close my eyes and make it go away OONTS
OONTS How long OONTS how long must we sing this song
OONTS how long OONTS how long-a-ong-a-ong ong....

which is also quite similar to what we got in no line on the horizon, just with a fresher arrangement, to be honest.

"I'm not your baby" anyone?

Great song with a hip-hop influence in my mind. I think there is even some record scratching in there.

I hear a few other influences as well.

Also, on MOS live he frequently did a rap at the end and it fit pretty well ( very well to my ears).

There's hope here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom