The CLAW Part 4 - (INCL. SPOILERS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From gerryhicky over on U2start who managed to get in for a walkabout today. . .

20072009j.jpg

20072009001.jpg

21072009.jpg

God I wish they would have sold tickets for the hill 16 end... Croke Park actually makes the Claw look small!

I really don't get the Croke setup.

How is that 360?

Put the damn thing in the middle!!!

Its a farcical setup.
They stick the stage at one end of the biggest pitch on the tour and have nothing behind it.
The pitch is 160 yards long so some people in the Canal End will be nearly 200 yards from the stage .:hmm:

Its a farcical setup.
They stick the stage at one end of the biggest pitch on the tour and have nothing behind it.
The pitch is 160 yards long so some people in the Canal End will be nearly 200 yards from the stage .:hmm:

Damn right, especially when the stage is also in front of the Hill 16 end where there won't even be any spectators. It isn't '360' at all. I'm also hoping that my seats won't be blocked by one of the legs.

For those in the Canal End though - even though this is Croke Park and the sound will probably be questionable at best, you should get sensational photos of the Claw as you'll be so far away from the damn stage!

Damn right, especially when the stage is also in front of the Hill 16 end where there won't even be any spectators. It isn't '360' at all. I'm also hoping that my seats won't be blocked by one of the legs.

For those in the Canal End though - even though this is Croke Park and the sound will probably be questionable at best, you should get sensational photos of the Claw as you'll be so far away from the damn stage!

i am in Canal End Upper Tier....Row Z!!!

Next stop, the moon! Seriously, remember to bring your oxygen mask and climbing gear. It's pretty high up there! Enjoy the show though.

ha-ha. cheers.
i am hoping for a restricted view and moved to a better spot!!

As awesome as the setup is, I wish they'd have more GA on all sides, and just have platforms instead of bridges with sides on them to block people's view. If you want something to rotate, rotate the damn stage.

I just wanted to post another shot of the Metallica stage to show what 'in-the-round' (aka 360) means.

I think our lads over complicated things a bit with their required underworld shenanigans...

metallica_resized_0004.jpg

I just wanted to post another shot of the Metallica stage to show what 'in-the-round' (aka 360) means.

I think our lads over complicated things a bit with their required underworld shenanigans...

metallica_resized_0004.jpg

Easy to do indoors. In a stadium with no roof to hang the gear from it gets a bit harder

The problem with the tour is that even though they say it's 360, they still face one way most of the time. The bridges appear to block the view even more even if you are in front. I agree that ramps between the stage and the ring would have been much better. That way, more people would have a rail to hold on to.

As far as people not being able to see their faces, those people should have learned their lesson from the last tour. U2 said back then that Vertigo was a 360 tour.

Back
Top Bottom