That's it - FUCK it! I'm done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Completely shut out of DC & Atlanta. Got through twice for Boston Oct 4 - once for 2 tix @ $95 which I let go because I can't afford to spend that much if I'm paying for hotel & airfare on top of it. (I did't even look to see the placement of the seats!) The second time through for Boston Oct 4 was Section 307 in the Balcony - no thank you. I asked for GA & that's what I wanted.

Got through once for Chicago Sept 9 and was pretty exicted - 2 tix for $49.50 each. BEHIND the fuckin' stage!!! :censored: :censored: :censored:

So that's it - I'm done. I have NEVER got so upset trying to order tickets that it made me cry..... until this morning. I'm through - my big plan for seeing multiple shows for the 1st time ever has been shot in the fucking head and it's bleeding to death right in front of me. Hunh! - guess that'll teach me to make big plans.

Sorry for all the poisionous bile, guys.... I'm just soooo bitter right now. Oh well, life's full of disappointment - we have to learn how to deal with it, huh? Congratulations to all you guys who DID get tickets - I truly, truly hope you have a blast!!! :yes:

I had 4 seats in Section 101 for the first DC show and was at the payment screen on ticketbastard and then it gave me a server error screen- POOF tickets gone.

I went back and ended up getting section 423 (AKA nosebleeders).

I did get tickets for all the boston shows though. I was right on top of it when they added the new shows- of course I only bought one ticket for each show so I was able to get better seats.

I got shut out of Boston and DC II, but I got nosebleeds for DC I in front of the stage. My friend was online trying to get through with my CC at the same time, and he bought 4 instead of 2.

So I'll be selling 2 tickets, if anyone is interested.

DorianGray said:
I had 4 seats in Section 101 for the first DC show and was at the payment screen on ticketbastard and then it gave me a server error screen- POOF tickets gone.

I went back and ended up getting section 423 (AKA nosebleeders).

I did get tickets for all the boston shows though. I was right on top of it when they added the new shows- of course I only bought one ticket for each show so I was able to get better seats.
I thought I was on top of things with the Dec shows that were added to Boston.... I mean, 10:35 I was "Looking for Tickets". Same result as everything else: "No Tickets Available".

Like I said, I had 3 separate chances to buy tix, so I probably shouldn't be bitching; some people never even got the chance to make a purchase. I just can't understand how mulitple venues can have 5-6 shows (even if they're split between Spring & Fall) and sell out every single GA ticket in less than 5 minutes.... especially for a band that supposedly is on the downswing of their popularity. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

There are other means for aquiring tickets that don't necessarily cost much more than face value. Trade, Selective Ebaying...

As far as a downswing, most of us can most likely testify that this is the most popular tour they have had since Zoo TV.

The presales this time were rightfully extensive and most likely sold out the GA's for those particular venues.

Last edited:
i think when its all said and done, this might be the largest grossing tour of all time, are in the top 5. I dont think their high popularity is going anywhere.

I've been seeing them since 1987 and I've never not gotten tickets before.

until now.

skjuls said:
seats behind the stage in Chicago are awesome. seriously I purposely got those for Elevation and was 4 rows back.

Hope you're right about that because I bought 1 ticket behind the stage for the Tues. show. I figured why not. I already have decent reserved seats for one of the shows in May and GA for the Wed. show in Sept. Should be interesting seeing the show from all these different vantage points.

BluRmGrl said:
Completely shut out of DC & Atlanta. Got through twice for Boston Oct 4 - once for 2 tix @ $95 which I let go because I can't afford to spend that much if I'm paying for hotel & airfare on top of it. (I did't even look to see the placement of the seats!) The second time through for Boston Oct 4 was Section 307 in the Balcony - no thank you. I asked for GA & that's what I wanted.

Got through once for Chicago Sept 9 and was pretty exicted - 2 tix for $49.50 each. BEHIND the fuckin' stage!!! :censored: :censored: :censored:

So that's it - I'm done. I have NEVER got so upset trying to order tickets that it made me cry..... until this morning. I'm through - my big plan for seeing multiple shows for the 1st time ever has been shot in the fucking head and it's bleeding to death right in front of me. Hunh! - guess that'll teach me to make big plans.

Sorry for all the poisionous bile, guys.... I'm just soooo bitter right now. Oh well, life's full of disappointment - we have to learn how to deal with it, huh? Congratulations to all you guys who DID get tickets - I truly, truly hope you have a blast!!! :yes:

BlueRmGrl, I've got 2 Chicago Sept9 tickets, 1 behind the stage (200 level in the corners) & 1 GA, but i'm only willing to get rid of them in combination. I'm waiting on clarityat3am to get back to me first though because clarity originally requested a GA but not sure if shes willing to take both tickets

http://forum.interference.com/t117427.html

Last edited:
Buttercup67 said:

Hope you're right about that because I bought 1 ticket behind the stage for the Tues. show. I figured why not. I already have decent reserved seats for one of the shows in May and GA for the Wed. show in Sept. Should be interesting seeing the show from all these different vantage points.

I liked it because it was a different perspective: I already had GA before the Chicago behind the stage concert and I wanted to be close to the stage.

And I was superclose, the vibe behind the stage was great as well.

I feel your pain. Had two LL to the Dallas show, but was looking at a second window to see if there were any better. By the time I decided to buy them (I swear it was less then a minute) the stupid thing had timed out. ..and I had already closed the other window! I couldn't get any more to come up after that. Called TM and got two, 400 level nosebleeds, across the stadium from each other in Houston, 8 hours away!

I got about as bad as it gets for the 10/20 DC show, upper nose bleed back of their heads. I only got em as an insurance policy, my neighbor works for Cellar door so I'm hoping he can come through for me.

I was so upset I was bawling :sad: and my husband managed to get us two in section 333 for the Dallas show by buying from someone else and paying twice as much. So, I guess I'm happy we at least get to go to the show now. :shrug:

Is there any way we can get the F-word off the subject line so I don't see it every time I look at this forum? I really hate that word.

DorianGray said:

Yeesh....did this happen to EVERYONE who tried to get DC tix? I had 7 in section 118 myself, and the EXACT same thing happened. Others are complaining about the same thing on various forums.

The only consolation is that the show is 6 months away, so I'll score tickets one way or another.

Peace,
Ron

I think the only people who got tix to the dallas show were the lucky presale people and the ticket brokers. Sold out in 10 minutes. And I refuse to pay double the face value, so I guess I'm screwed.

:censored:

2nd Atlanta show????? God - I so hate getting worked up every time I hear of another added show that I'd like to go to. I fret & worry & obsess all week long until the tix go on sale to the public, sitting at the computer with telephone in my hand the last 2 minutes before the sale starts, heart palpitating & palms sweating like some naughty school child who's just been caught red handed. But you know what?..... regardless of the title I gave this thread, what'd you think I'll be doing next Saturday??? Hope really does spring eternal, I guess. At least for the first 15 minutes the tix are on sale - after that, I'll be screaming obsenities at my computer again until my throat's raw.

:madspit: I.really.hate.this.emotional.roller coaster. :eyebrow:

BluRmGrl said:
2nd Atlanta show????? God - I so hate getting worked up every time I hear of another added show that I'd like to go to. I fret & worry & obsess all week long until the tix go on sale to the public, sitting at the computer with telephone in my hand the last 2 minutes before the sale starts, heart palpitating & palms sweating like some naughty school child who's just been caught red handed. But you know what?..... regardless of the title I gave this thread, what'd you think I'll be doing next Saturday??? Hope really does spring eternal, I guess. At least for the first 15 minutes the tix are on sale - after that, I'll be screaming obsenities at my computer again until my throat's raw.

:madspit: I.really.hate.this.emotional.roller coaster. :eyebrow:

Today I went to Publix and purchased my tickets there. Are you near a ticketmaster outlet?

anyone got any GA for any shows on sale today?? i tried but couldn't get any.... atlanta and DC seems to be sold out in like 1 min.. :mad: :mad:

knox said:
There are still some 300s for Chicago available across the arena from the stage on 9/21.

ya... surprise chicago isn't sold out yet.. seems so many tickets left for the 2 shows..

welcome to the fun world of corporate perks.. I would say a lot of tickets went to corporate sponsership.. well at least the better tickets.. I know your pain.. welcome to TICKETBASTARD.. I think we should lead a charge to have them broken up.. b/c they are a monopoly..

I have 2 GA Atlanta and I'm trying to trade for MSG or Miami GA's. If you pick any of these up let me know!

Back
Top Bottom