Success, New Hampshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit, I'm more excited about a Crowdies tour than the Enz. I've loved seeing both bands in concert, but the Crowdies play absolutely exceptional shows and I'll probably follow them to multiple cities next time around. That said, if I get the chance to see the Enz in New Zealand, you better believe I'll hop on a plane.

After the recent reunion tour and other gigs down here, I think the Enz should give their Northern Hemisphere fans some love too!

And I really do hope this new Crowdies album is a proper band album rather than a glorified Neil solo album. The new tracks they've played live like Isolation and Turn It Around are fucking great.
ha, that is true. if i had to pick, i'd rather see the crowdies live given the shows they put on, even though i like the enz better. plus with the former, you get more setlist variation whereas with the latter it tends to be their greatest hits live. which i'm not complaining, songs like i got you and history never repeats are awesome, but due to them not being able to rehearse for as long as the crowdies, rarer album cuts don't get played as often as they do with crowded house.

and yeah, i am hoping somewhere along the line they do decide to come here. i just hope it isn't after we've moved to auckland!

i hope it's more of a crowded house album as well. hopefully given that it's been treated as a crowded house album from day one, and with them trying out songs live, it should be a lot more cohesive and just flat out better than time on earth was.

I'll admit, I'm more excited about a Crowdies tour than the Enz. I've loved seeing both bands in concert, but the Crowdies play absolutely exceptional shows and I'll probably follow them to multiple cities next time around. That said, if I get the chance to see the Enz in New Zealand, you better believe I'll hop on a plane.

After the recent reunion tour and other gigs down here, I think the Enz should give their Northern Hemisphere fans some love too!

And I really do hope this new Crowdies album is a proper band album rather than a glorified Neil solo album. The new tracks they've played live like Isolation and Turn It Around are fucking great.

Khan's probably right about a tour. Neil did mention it at the last show in LA. But it was probably wishful thinking. And without new material, not sure if it would happen. But would be nice for a fun night of nostalgia.

Which is why the Crowdies are a bit more interesting these days. Luckily they're still going strong.

Feed the world, let them know WHERE THE HELL IS BONNIE.

She drew a picture last night, did you see it? Bonnie needs to be here, cause I'm actually not all that tired now that I've left hell work hell

ha, that is true. if i had to pick, i'd rather see the crowdies live given the shows they put on, even though i like the enz better. plus with the former, you get more setlist variation whereas with the latter it tends to be their greatest hits live. which i'm not complaining, songs like i got you and history never repeats are awesome, but due to them not being able to rehearse for as long as the crowdies, rarer album cuts don't get played as often as they do with crowded house.

and yeah, i am hoping somewhere along the line they do decide to come here. i just hope it isn't after we've moved to auckland!

i hope it's more of a crowded house album as well. hopefully given that it's been treated as a crowded house album from day one, and with them trying out songs live, it should be a lot more cohesive and just flat out better than time on earth was.

Yeah, when it comes to a band like the Enz, I can understand that their current tours aren't going to have much in the way of variation. And if you're touring on nostalgia, which they essentially are, you're going to be loading your set with hits just due to the nature of the thing. I do wonder how Neil copes in the more rigid confines of the Enz though, heh. I love how varied and spontaneous Crowdies gigs are.

It would be far too ironic if you move to Auckland and the Enz finally announce North American gigs.

Isolation to me sounded like classic eponymous/Temple Of Low Men Crowdies, so I hope it makes the album in much similar form to its live versions. It was one of those songs I was disappointed NOT to hear both nights last December.

She drew a picture last night, did you see it? Bonnie needs to be here, cause I'm actually not all that tired now that I've left hell work hell

YES. So much respect for that picture! And the archer! :lmao:

:sad: I want to respect tuf with you guys. Alas, my iPod is out of my possession.

US military missile test targets?

Hmm ... that might actually not be so good.

Which reminds me of the great midnight oil song "Hercules"

Here come the hercules
Here come the submarines
Sinking South Pacific dreams

I believe this was written in response to the French sub sinking the Greenpeace ship in a NZ harbor. I could be wrong. Great song though

:sad: I want to respect tuf with you guys. Alas, my iPod is out of my possession.

Do you have the 21 March 1985 concert at all? Because if you don't, you need it. It will make your life more respectable, I assure you.

Yeah, when it comes to a band like the Enz, I can understand that their current tours aren't going to have much in the way of variation. And if you're touring on nostalgia, which they essentially are, you're going to be loading your set with hits just due to the nature of the thing. I do wonder how Neil copes in the more rigid confines of the Enz though, heh. I love how varied and spontaneous Crowdies gigs are.

It would be far too ironic if you move to Auckland and the Enz finally announce North American gigs.

Isolation to me sounded like classic eponymous/Temple Of Low Men Crowdies, so I hope it makes the album in much similar form to its live versions. It was one of those songs I was disappointed NOT to hear both nights last December.
yeah, exactly.

ha, it would be brilliant.

ooh, awesome. i'm still bummed i didn't make it to see crowded house last year when they toured, but oh well. chicago would've been all sorts of brilliant, given that everyone i liked who went on tour last year were playing there within a couple days of each other with no overlapping dates. so in about a week, i could've seen five concerts.

Do you have the 21 March 1985 concert at all? Because if you don't, you need it. It will make your life more respectable, I assure you.

I will add it to my list of stuff to download from that bootleg site of yours. In fact, it will top the list.

Which reminds me of the great midnight oil song "Hercules"

Here come the hercules
Here come the submarines
Sinking South Pacific dreams

I believe this was written in response to the French sub sinking the Greenpeace ship in a NZ harbor. I could be wrong. Great song though

Yep, that was about the Rainbow Warrior ... now that would've been interesting to hear at the MCG after the Enz had already done Six Months! Two songs about New Zealand at Australia's most iconic venue? Oh yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom