Stephen King's The Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ultravioletbabe

The Fly
I just got done watching it and it was cool! It was so interesting! I think Bono would have been great as Larry Underwood, the good looking black haired blue eyed singer who sacrifices himself to save the world. That guy was my favorite character.

If you saw it or like it, please tell about your favorite parts or characters. If anybody has pics that would rule!

Read the book read the book read the book.

The movie is great but the book is better.

Although I don't think Bono would make the best Larry....in the book Larry was a total jerk before the Superflu...and is still kinda abrasive through the entire book. That side of him wasn't really explored in the movie....

I have seen the film several times and read the book, I agree that the book is much better.
My fav character is Nick the deaf mute guy. I couldn't believe it when he got blown up.
I also liked Tom the retarded guy, he was a total sweetie. :yes:

I ended up buying this book a couple of weeks ago, and i still haven't had a chance to read it(book's in my house somewhere). i didnt know there was a movie out on it! can someone tell me what the movie or book is about?

nellie said:
I ended up buying this book a couple of weeks ago, and i still haven't had a chance to read it(book's in my house somewhere). i didnt know there was a movie out on it! can someone tell me what the movie or book is about?

It was a miniseries in 1994. An accident at a military installation speads a chemical warfare germ that wipes out 99% of the population. Those few who are alive start having dreams of either Mother Abagail (elderly black woman in Nebraska, on God's side) or Randall Flagg (devil) These people must travel west in a destroyed and deserted country any way they can- bikes, cars, on foot, taking what they need along the way because all the stores are empty! Some meet up along the way, and the character development is interesting. It becomes clear that they all have a destiny, either good or bad, and must face off in the final conflict, or Stand, good vs. evil, to save the world.

Me, I like the TV series better than the book. It's less confusing and more entertaining. The screenplay was written by King himself, so it's true to the story, mostly.

I highly recommend it!

i also saw the tv one a LONG time ago...i don't remember enough to say if bono would be a good larry character, but I do remember loving it. I actually got to watch it in a class when we were studying the plague...

Yes, I eagerly awaited the miniseries back in the day. :) I remember being disappointed with the overall film, but it was entertaining nevertheless.

I guess Molly Ringwald's comeback wasn't really a comeback afteall, huh?

Savannah said:

It was a miniseries in 1994. An accident at a military installation speads a chemical warfare germ that wipes out 99% of the population. Those few who are alive start having dreams of either Mother Abagail (elderly black woman in Nebraska, on God's side) or Randall Flagg (devil) These people must travel west in a destroyed and deserted country any way they can- bikes, cars, on foot, taking what they need along the way because all the stores are empty! Some meet up along the way, and the character development is interesting. It becomes clear that they all have a destiny, either good or bad, and must face off in the final conflict, or Stand, good vs. evil, to save the world.

Me, I like the TV series better than the book. It's less confusing and more entertaining. The screenplay was written by King himself, so it's true to the story, mostly.

I highly recommend it!

I've read another one of his books that was pretty much like this. I dont think it was the same one, but it sure was like it! Sounds good all the same, i might have to check it out!

Back
Top Bottom