Springsteen VIII - 2014, tour, album, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy 40th birthday to Born In The U.S.A.

A true classic even if it doesn't match the heights of his seminal 70's albums. I was 13 in 1984 and this album, along with Purple Rain, was the soundtrack for me that summer, so it holds a special place in my heart.

A lost opportunity to finally release a box set of it this year, but then again Springsteen and company haven't really followed that timeline when releasing retrospectives, so hopefully it will still come to fruition one day.

The highs on that album are so high that it raises it up enough to still make my top ten albums of all time.

The highs are absolutely exceptional, no doubt about that. The earnest Americana of the tracks I don't like makes it unlistenable as an album for me though.

the first album i ever owned. got it on cassette as a birthday present as a young child, like early grade school. loved it then, still do today. couple songs i could do without.

i can remember laying awake at night listening to "my hometown" and finding it so unbearably sad -- "seems like there ain't nobody wants to come down here no more" -- that i'm not sure i've ever quite recovered. so many lines still have a hold in my brain -- "all it ever does is rain" or "a knife, baby, edgy and dull" and "i want to change my hair my clothes my face" -- so sad and borderline creepy, but also empathetic.

it shaped me.

He cancelled the dates in Europe because of voice problems. I read rumors that he is concerned that these voice problems could mean the end of his career, hopefully it's not true. But if it is he sure had a great one, and he is a legend forever.

I'm so glad I have had the absolute privilege of his music and his live performances. And to briefly meet him, that was a treasure. Sadly I didn't get a photo but it lives in my heart.

He cancelled the dates in Europe because of voice problems. I read rumors that he is concerned that these voice problems could mean the end of his career, hopefully it's not true. But if it is he sure had a great one, and he is a legend forever.

I'm so glad I have had the absolute privilege of his music and his live performances. And to briefly meet him, that was a treasure. Sadly I didn't get a photo but it lives in my heart.
well he played last night in Spain and apparently things went well... but yea, this is in all likelihood the final stand for the Mighty E Street Band.

which means god damn it i'm going to have to go and get some tickets to either Nats Park or Camden Yards.

There’s no way he calls it without a final stand in Jersey.

I am not doom & gloom on the voice issues yet. He’s old, he’s playing long shows, he could probably use more down time. We’re a long way from Bon Jovi territory.

There’s no way he calls it without a final stand in Jersey.

I am not doom & gloom on the voice issues yet. He’s old, he’s playing long shows, he could probably use more down time. We’re a long way from Bon Jovi territory.
let's be honest - he also doesn't have to hit the high notes, which helps.

and i totally agree. i think there's this year and then next year (obviously already has shows scheduled in europe) - and i think that this tour will end with a long stand at MetLife that will be his last shows. whether they're announced as the last ones or not, i dunno... but i think everyone knows that this is in all likelihood it.

Back
Top Bottom