Springsteen VII ~ Wrecking Ball

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I did. I'm sorry it didn't happen to you, you are a much bigger fan.

But you did get to meet Bono.

But I drank with the E Street Band.

Then Everett and Stephen went out to a gay bar (not sure if anything happened between them, don't think so though) and I went home. .

So we don't know if
they went out Ramrodding
?

Couldn't resist.

Awesome story. Sounds like quite a night. That will end up being the best $200 you ever spend quite probably.

Hahaha... nah, we don't know, don't think so though.

Met a bloke tonight after the Wilco gig who was complaining about the Bruce gig (yeah, for real). He's a guitarist himself (obviously a bit of a jaded one) and he was very unimpressed. "It's all just 12-bar blues. It wouldn't be hard to learn all those songs. It's three chords. They're all the same. Learning two hours of a Wilco set would be much harder than three hours of a Bruce set, I can tell you that."

Now, I am about as useful with a guitar as Muldfeld is at Twitter, but that's fucking ridiculous right?

Yeah, I did. I'm sorry it didn't happen to you, you are a much bigger fan.

But you did get to meet Bono.

* SPOILER *

If I didn't have work today I might have caught up with you and be part of that story...still a bloody great night. Even if I got to drive 2 hours home in the rain and you had frothies with E-Streeters :p

Totally need to get my own recount of the night down.

Hahaha... nah, we don't know, don't think so though.

Met a bloke tonight after the Wilco gig who was complaining about the Bruce gig (yeah, for real). He's a guitarist himself (obviously a bit of a jaded one) and he was very unimpressed. "It's all just 12-bar blues. It wouldn't be hard to learn all those songs. It's three chords. They're all the same. Learning two hours of a Wilco set would be much harder than three hours of a Bruce set, I can tell you that."

Now, I am about as useful with a guitar as Muldfeld is at Twitter, but that's fucking ridiculous right?

Difficult doesn't mean better, even if it is true. Case in point: Rush.

Yeah, the guy is probably right. But Springsteen's greatness isn't about the complexity of the music.

Bruce has never had difficult guitar, but like Laz says, that's beside the point.

Plus, The Professor has very complex piano parts in a lot of songs anyway. He's a wizard.

I didn't know until after I posted it on facebook and another keen-eyed Bowie fan pointed it out. A huge missed opportunity... Would love to have asked him what it was like working with a genius coke fiend at the time.

Eea0GbD.jpg

Fucking brilliant! I plan on writing a review of both shows when I get some time, which might be tonight.

Show itself was awesome. Despite No Atlantic City or Land of Hope and Dreams there's a pile of songs that didn't get played but I didn't care much by the end of the night. Because we got Rosie :)

The only low light was Jimmy Barnes duet with Bruce...it just felt a bit awkward.

I'm having withdrawals, by the way. I want to see Wrecking Ball, Death to My Hometown, Ghost of Tom Joad again.

I've only ever really had withdrawals before with U2 and Radiohead.

I'm having withdrawals, by the way. I want to see Wrecking Ball, Death to My Hometown, Ghost of Tom Joad again.

I've only ever really had withdrawals before with U2 and Radiohead.

I've started to collect bootlegs to stop the withdrawals. At least it's looking pretty good that we will get included in his next tour!

Back
Top Bottom