** SPOILERS** The soundcheck thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zooropa may start as just the outro, but considering how 360 went, I'm sure it could turn into the full song

I never considered a Bullet/Zooropa combination but I could see it working pretty beautifully, actually

i really cant see Acrobat in the set. maybe in the songs played over PA before the show starts?

I think it could work as a replacement to UTEOTW, as a sort of loss of innocence song. The problem is UTEOTW is much better known and sounds amazing this tour.

If U2 EVER plays Acrobat...not soundcheck it, but in the actual set and played live...mark my words, I will slap myself in the face with my shoe.

I'll do a Werner Herzog and actually eat my shoe if that happens.

And yeah, they probably looked at an actual acrobat and not the song.

It would fit perfectly after Bullet in the set BTW. Both sonically and thematically.

Fans need to bug them about it at every show. It worked for Crystal Ballroom. They may just bend if they feel enough people want it

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I believe him when he says "we looked at it yesterday"....they probably had a list of songs they'll never play and Acrobat was at the top of it and they looked at the list.

:applaud: Well played.

He meant someone handed him a copy of Achtung Baby to sign, and he saw the song on the tracklisting.

Then he circled it with the Sharpie and wrote "LOL we'll never play this. xoxo, Bono"

I hope U2 decides to play Acrobat and then they play it too much and it's not very good and then you all say that they need to drop the war horse.

Sent from my SM-G928P using U2 Interference mobile app

I find it excruciating to watch videos like that. It makes me feel sick, honestly.

haha yeah, I had to stop halfway through

anyway, this quest to hear Acrobat live is unrealistic, unlike convincing them to keep Zooropa a full fucking song instead of chopping before it finally gets a proper airing in Europe. :wink:

I get the feeling I'll look back at the setlist of the London gig I'm at and curse the band every time I read the words "/Zooropa (snippet)"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom