South Sandwich Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't bring anything heavy that the crowd could use against you. People that already think they're badasses + alcohol + angry metal music = bad times. :no:

While waiting for your reply, I played back what I had, and it's about 6:38 long. Another 20 minutes or so, and I'll have a grand total of one song finished. :hyper:

Yeah, I'm a bit unsure about whether I should bring my cane with me or not. And whether or not to go for the front ... I've discovered at small gigs, it's amazing how easy it is to get right up on the rail.

Hah, awesome. Though only 26:38? :wink:

Yeah, I believe I have to have my application and thesis proposal submitted by late October. I'm pretty looking forward to it.

In my entire time at uni, I've never heard anybody mention minors. It's just something I've heard Americans mention! :lol:
awesome. i'm sure you'll have no problem getting in :wink:

ha! though the site seems to be more clear on what to do if you're double majoring versus a major and a minor. i'd probably pick the former. it seems cooler anyway.

Yes, there really is. It is a game I've played since I was wee one of 5 years old!
It offers much more gameplay and less dialog/move than Final Fantasy does. Plus it is more challenging, hence why I like it much better. :wink:

Wow. I'm very surprised! :lol:

G'day mates. :wave:

Hey Bonnie! I've proposed that if I can use my 66,666th post to make the next thread, I'll take us on the Last Train to Satansville, Pennsylvania. And use your Superthread banner depicting the last train.

awesome. i'm sure you'll have no problem getting in :wink:

ha! though the site seems to be more clear on what to do if you're double majoring versus a major and a minor. i'd probably pick the former. it seems cooler anyway.

In terms of my actual marks, I'm not just in, they've already asked me to apply! But in terms of getting my thesis proposal approved, that's a different challenge altogether.

Ahh, right. On all of the pages I've used to check course credits and stuff, they only ever discuss what you need for majors, with no mention at all given to minors.

Yeah, I'm a bit unsure about whether I should bring my cane with me or not. And whether or not to go for the front ... I've discovered at small gigs, it's amazing how easy it is to get right up on the rail.

Hah, awesome. Though only 26:38? :wink:

I had the opportunity to get up against the rail at a small show. I didn't take it, because I would have had to crane my neck to see anyone on the left side of the stage. It's definitely easy though, if you show up early.

I'm a little worried about the length of the songs, to be honest. Not that I think they will be too long, but with all of this talk of shortening the maximum length of a given playlist, I don't want to record four 35 minute songs to fill out the 160 and then find I have to write/record the songs again to fit 120 or 80.

I had the opportunity to get up against the rail at a small show. I didn't take it, because I would have had to crane my neck to see anyone on the left side of the stage. It's definitely easy though, if you show up early.

I'm a little worried about the length of the songs, to be honest. Not that I think they will be too long, but with all of this talk of shortening the maximum length of a given playlist, I don't want to record four 35 minute songs to fill out the 160 and then find I have to write/record the songs again to fit 120 or 80.

I've been front row at EITS once and PT three times. EITS, I was literally leaning on the stage, there wasn't even a rail; it was at about chest level. I already have experience with the place Opeth are playing thanks to PT, and I know the stage isn't that high. I got front row for EITS by arriving 10 minutes before doors, and PT by arriving only about an hour before doors! :lol: So much for queuing a day for U2 ...

Honestly, I expect the debate over the tracklist length is going to end in no consensus and we'll stick with 160 minutes. But I certainly s ee your dilemma ... we should sort out DI VI's criteria fairly soon, then.

I bought a Bolivian vest made out of llama wool today!

Hey Bonnie! I've proposed that if I can use my 66,666th post to make the next thread, I'll take us on the Last Train to Satansville, Pennsylvania. And use your Superthread banner depicting the last train.

I love that plan! :up:

Quite shocking. Isn't it? :lol:
In all honesty, it did help out with basic math/spelling skills.

Who says video games are good for nothing? :wink:

:lol: I am in no doubts that Transport Tycoon, Railroad Tycoon II, SimCity 2000, and SimTower did much to encourage my nerdism.

I walked in the rain today.

I walked in the rain last Thursday. Did a 35 minute walk in 25 minutes. Shouldn't slipped and killed myself numerous times. Oh the perils of sleeping in too late when you have an appointment, and the buses are running at inconvenient times!

I walked in the rain last Thursday. Did a 35 minute walk in 25 minutes. Shouldn't slipped and killed myself numerous times. Oh the perils of sleeping in too late when you have an appointment, and the buses are running at inconvenient times!

I walked in the rain around a lake with my fiancé. We did it leisurely.

:lol: I am in no doubts that Transport Tycoon, Railroad Tycoon II, SimCity 2000, and SimTower did much to encourage my nerdism.

Games that encourage nerdism/learning are often times the best, I find!
Aforementioned game I love, I still have the very same cartridge from 1992. It never goes anywhere. :love:

I've been front row at EITS once and PT three times. EITS, I was literally leaning on the stage, there wasn't even a rail; it was at about chest level. I already have experience with the place Opeth are playing thanks to PT, and I know the stage isn't that high. I got front row for EITS by arriving 10 minutes before doors, and PT by arriving only about an hour before doors! :lol: So much for queuing a day for U2 ...

Honestly, I expect the debate over the tracklist length is going to end in no consensus and we'll stick with 160 minutes. But I certainly s ee your dilemma ... we should sort out DI VI's criteria fairly soon, then.

Yep, I did the same thing. Showed up a couple hours early, literally ran for my spot, and took it. It's not the safest way, but certainly fair. At shows like that, I would go as far to say that it's essential.

Personally, I think that by having no suggested minimum and a 160 maximum, the aforementioned issues of having too much music for a 24-person competition with 160 and stifling artistic freedom with 80 would sort themselves out. One group would take advantage of the lack of a minimum, while others would pack theirs out, and we would break even, or close to it.

Personally, I think that by having no suggested minimum and a 160 maximum, the aforementioned issues of having too much music for a 24-person competition with 160 and stifling artistic freedom with 80 would sort themselves out. One group would take advantage of the lack of a minimum, while others would pack theirs out, and we would break even, or close to it.

:up: :up: :up:

In terms of my actual marks, I'm not just in, they've already asked me to apply! But in terms of getting my thesis proposal approved, that's a different challenge altogether.

Ahh, right. On all of the pages I've used to check course credits and stuff, they only ever discuss what you need for majors, with no mention at all given to minors.
why does this not surprise me? :lol: nerd!

yeah, it doesn't seem to be common. oh well, i won't bother then :up:

Yep, I did the same thing. Showed up a couple hours early, literally ran for my spot, and took it. It's not the safest way, but certainly fair. At shows like that, I would go as far to say that it's essential.

At EITS, it was ridiculous. EVERYBODY went for merch, so I was able to literally dawdle to the very best spot. At least for PT I had to put in a little bit of effort. I'm not so sure I want to be squashed up front at Opeth, though ... but then, since it's prog death rather than brutal death, I expect an element of geekiness in the audience.

And yeah, I totally support a suggestion like that. Technically, I suppose it's always existed, but if we actually stated it, it'd be good.

works for me :up:

At EITS, it was ridiculous. EVERYBODY went for merch, so I was able to literally dawdle to the very best spot. At least for PT I had to put in a little bit of effort. I'm not so sure I want to be squashed up front at Opeth, though ... but then, since it's prog death rather than brutal death, I expect an element of geekiness in the audience.

And yeah, I totally support a suggestion like that. Technically, I suppose it's always existed, but if we actually stated it, it'd be good.

BRUTAL death? Oh shit. Octavium will be Progressive Black Brutal Napalm Death Metal, with shades of shoegaze.

I think the implied minimum has always been around 100 or so. There were a few raised eyebrows over Khan's 110. :lol:

Coolness. Got a link to the latest copy of the Superthread banner for me to use? I'm excited about this idea so I've decided to get the thread ready ahead of time.

Uh, I think the latest one is just the one I showed you guys last. So yeah, I'll just go get that for you if you want.

super3ry7.jpg

like so

BRUTAL death? Oh shit. Octavium will be Progressive Black Brutal Napalm Death Metal, with shades of shoegaze.

I think the implied minimum has always been around 100 or so. There were a few raised eyebrows over Khan's 110. :lol:

:lmao: Brutal death, in my experience, is just blast beats accompanied by chugging downtuned guitars playing two chords at most. It's usually the least sophisticated death metal.

Yeah ... I can't say I was happy with how some people would criticise some tracklists for being "too short". If they're cohesive and make for a good listening experience, what does it matter if they fall 50 seconds or 50 minutes short of the maximum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom