Songs You DON'T Want To Hear, on the next tour.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pride
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Years Day
One

could live without :shrug:
having said that . . . if i were privy to a set list prior to the show i would not forgo the experience of seeing them live if said songs were to be included . . . :hmm:i just hurt my head typing that sentence . . . must lie down now :wink:

One
SYCMIOYO
Pride
New Year's Day
With or Without You
Bullet the Blue Sky
Desire
Love and Peace or Else
I Will Follow
An Cat Dubh
Miracle Drug
Yaweh
I Still Haven't Found
Angel of Harlem
Out of Control
The Ocean
Electric Co.

BULLET THE SLUE SKY-It's a great song, but damn it was boring last tour. Even in Person.
Sometimes you can't make it on your Own- Good, but again, boring.
Vertigo- I was okay live, but they have hundreds of better songs.
Elevation-At least go back to the way it was on the Elevation tour. The first 2 1/2 minutes of all the Vertigo versions were painful.
Beautiful Day- Good song, but I'm over it.
Yahweh
Pride
Pretty much everything on Boy and October.

I can do without Sunday Bloody Sunday. I recall in the 80's Bono used to proclaim 'this is a song we hope one day to never have to play again', a reference to him wanting peace in Northern Ireland. Maybe I'm supposed to all of a sudden invent some new meaning for the song. But personally I found it a bit of a con that they have played it on the past two tours when that peace has been found.

Songs I dont want to hear are

Bullet The Blue Sky
Sunday Bloody Sunday(sorry folks,it is a great song though)
I Still Havent Found What Im looking For
All Because of You
With or Without You
New Years Day
and please NO I WILL FOLLOW!!!!

hawkmoon 269 or god part II

also nothing off the new album

im not too fond of jesus christ either

12-4-2006 version of ISHFWILF is top 3 best ever performances of it...I'd like to hear it again next tour, personally :yes:

At the moment, I really don't mind what they play anymore, just as long as it's not boring.

Mysterious Ways (Rest the bloody belly dancers please!!!!)
With or Without You
ABOY
One

But never drop Until the end of the world and Bad I would pay to hear them just sing those two songs!!:D

I don't care what they play as long as I'm there to hear it.

Amen to that! :applaud:

But then if I am, Vertigo has to go :doh: And in an ideal world, Bono's sermon's need to be canned too! I know so many U2 people who get put off going to concerts as they are sick of his speeches. Oh well more chances for me to get a ticket :wink:

No Hits On The Horizon Tour 2009

Tired songs I'd be happy to not hear on stage for a loooong time:

WTSHNN
WOWY
Pride
ISHFWILF
I Will Follow [I'd rather hear any of the deep cuts off Boy]
One
Mysterious Ways - as much as i still love listening to the recorded version, it's lost it's sexiness and funk over the last couple of tours.

Basically, I'd prefer it if they played primarily deep cuts and hardly any of the greatest hits the casual fans can listen to by just turning on the fucking radio!!!

Oh, as for Bullet The Blue Sky, they can continue to perform that as long as they change a few things to revive the vitality of the song:

a) Bono loses the outro rap even though that's on the original record.
b) as a substitute, Edge should combine all the guitar solos from the different re-creations since the Zoo TV tour.
:drool: :up:

ELEVATION
BULLET (sucks after ZOO)
SBS
SIAMYCGOO
I WILL FOLLOW
MW (see bullet)
WOWY (see MW)
ISHFWILF
ABOY
YAHWEH
Pride (as a surprise last song I would love it but not as a regular)

Vertigo
COBL
Yahweh
Love & Peace
Pride
I Will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, and Bullet- Unless it gets they get the balls they had during the Elevation tour back again!
I love WOWY but Bono needs to sing it with some MORE PASSION or don't sing it at all!

From HTDAAB: Vertigo; LAPOE; ABOY
From ATYCLB: Elevation; SIAMYCGOO; New York
From AB: Mysterious Ways
From JT: ISHFWILF; Bullet; WOWY
From UF: Pride
From WAR: Sunday Bloody Sunday

Without or Without You means beer and bathroom for me. And in a crazy way I welcome it for that reason. Love the recording, it's brilliant. Just don't like it live. Never have.

Streets is the opposite. Can't listen to the recording. But it's the highlight of every show.

Without or Without You means beer and bathroom for me. And in a crazy way I welcome it for that reason. Love the recording, it's brilliant. Just don't like it live. Never have.

Streets is the opposite. Can't listen to the recording. But it's the highlight of every show.

not even the R&H movie version?!

Back
Top Bottom