Songs U2 should be ashamed of?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J_NP said:
Ok since I read All of you , so I'm in the need to defend little J_NP just one thing , Neutral Did I offend someone ? Well I kinda wrote .......... , ............ , could be tons of things , it's up to one's interprets. Could be smart , High IQ guys , or could be anything that it's in any mind .

And the 2nd part , well , like I said It's my opinion , I think that if people got the right to say that a guitar is the worst of the world , a solo or a song as well , I think I got the right to say that the level of peoples as fan arent very hight , right ? :) I believe so ;)

I didn't single anyone out and didn't quote your post. I was really referring more to people who were directly attacking other members, not to you. We should be able to discuss disagreements here without personal attacks. I can't imagine you meant anything nice by your "so called-fans" comment though. It's really not necessary to be nasty to others here and it just ends up getting threads closed.

Yeah thats ok sure , but still it's a hypothethical situation :wink: U can't be sure of what I could say ..... And it's quite different , and in my view nastiless , if u compare like I've been called already a idiot couple times in put them under pressure ......

right, i haven't read this thread but I'd like to put in a sincere 'Piss off' to anyone who listed Miami, Red Light, Babyface, Some Days are Better than Others or A Man and a Woman. :wink:

I'd like to amend my first post to include City of Blinding Lights and A Man and a Woman. I'm not sure why I didn't list them in the first place. I think I dislked them so much that I was trying to forget about them.

Axver said:

you got to be kidding me....it's one thing to not like this song, but to be ashamed of it??? what an overstatement.

"Peace on Earth"
"Somedays are Better than Others"
"Playboy Mansion"
"Love Rescue Me"
"Red Light"

even these songs i listen to, but i dont really enjoy them. its hard to say they should be "ashamed"of them. i dont know.

"silver and gold" is a good song but the speech by Bono is awful and the "play the blues" line after it with the riff by Edge is something they should be ashamed of. Thats a good one. But the song is solid.

Last edited:
Nobody mentioned "The Hands that Built America." Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Don't care for "Stuck in a Moment. . ." either.

But it seems to me this thread is about songs U2 should be ashamed of which is not quite the same as "songs by U2 that we don't like" The criteria for a "song to be ashamed of" should extend beyond personal taste (though I know many of us believe our personal tastes are infallible indicators of right and wrong). A song written for "the wrong reasons" or one that was carelessly put together, cynically written, one that a bunch of producers put together and stamped with the name U2. . .I don't know, things like that. Shame is even different then embarrassed. U2 might be embarrassed by some of their earliest work when they were still figuring out how to write songs, be a band etc, but that would not be cause for shame.

"Hands" is to me the only one that might qualify, because in addition to the the fact that i personally don't like it, it is the only song that to me sounds manufactured, sounds like U2 trying to sound like U2.

But that's just me.

babyman said:
As long as heart, soul and blood is put into music, it becomes ART, and no one should be ashamed of his art.............................
Only thieves and assassins should be ashamed

"Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief. . ."

I don't think U2 (or any singer/band) should be ashamed of any song they make because each one is special in its own way. The song may not be very popular but it means something to the performer.

there are very few U2 songs that i dont love....you guys are so mean to your 'favorite' band lol :wink:

and for the record...HTDAAB rocks! *dodges the rocks and old War albums being thrown at me*

can i just remind everyone that U2 have never made a shit song or a song they should be ashamed of:up: (in my completely unbiased point of view)

yet another post 2000 U2 bashing thread

All their songs make up their catalogue, so in that sense there is nothing to be ashamed of.

I could do without a half or so off their first two albums (still, forgivable as they were so young).
And definitely Numb, Some days..., Daddy's gonna pay and Miami.

Last edited:
maycocksean said:
Nobody mentioned "The Hands that Built America." Hate it, hate it, hate it.

wow, great choice. totally slipped my mind cause its not on a u2 record. maybe their worst ever.

Axver said:
Plenty.

- Red Light
- Trip Through Your Wires
- Love Rescue Me
- One
- Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
- Ultra Violet
- Babyface
- The Playboy Mansion
- Stuck In A Moment
- In A Little While
- Wild Honey
- Peace On Earth
- Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
- A Man And A Woman
- Original Of The Species

I cannot comprehend how any of those songs made albums even though brilliant ones like Wild Irish Rose did not.

I love these songs !!!:scratch:

I remember when Numb was released - it went over like a lead balloon on the rock radio stations in my area. Polls were conducted, listeners called; it was burned at the stake. It still stands as one of only 2 weak songs on an otherwise terrific record, and their worst single ever.

I revise my vote:

Numb

MumblingBono said:
I remember when Numb was released - it went over like a lead balloon on the rock radio stations in my area. Polls were conducted, listeners called; it was burned at the stake. It still stands as one of only 2 weak songs on an otherwise terrific record, and their worst single ever.

I revise my vote:

Numb

How can this be?

According to many here, the #1 job of a band is to make music
that their fans actually won't like. Ya know, "challenge" them.

MrBrau1 said:

How can this be?

According to many here, the #1 job of a band is to make music
that their fans actually won't like. Ya know, "challenge" them.

:lmao: :lmao:

They shouldn't be ashamed of any of their work, just grow from what they view as their missteps.

MrBrau1 said:
Wow.

Alot of people here have shit taste.

word

it's funny that we can all love the same band but still completely disagree on which part we love (though I honestly wonder if some people here even LIKE U2)

I don't think they need to be ashamed of any song...though Red Light is a bit dodgy... maybe Red Light. But that's not even a terrible song, it's just all the shit they added to it - the backing vocals and horns and all. but really, even though there are some U2 songs I'm not crazy about, I don't think they need to be ashamed of them :shrug:

Well, the title of the thread is just terrible.

Songs U2 should be ashamed of?

Perhaps it should have been called "U2 songs you don't like." That's all that's going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom