Songs of Innocence downloaded 26 million times, 81 million 'experienced' songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My issue with the Beatles is they had 10 years of productivity and then 40 years of re-releasing the same material over and over and over.

Too bad they couldn't have had just 10 more years of new music output, would have been really cool.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My issue with The Beatles is that they aren't that good; and I hate their fans.
And you're right about them just re-releasing their music. That's all they've done for 40 years. They never went on the kinda tours U2 has. People can rip on PopMart all they want, but I've never seen any kind of experimental tour by the Beatles.
U2 is the greatest of all time. Everyone else can suck it. People hate bands who keep on going at full steam longer than they're supposed to. In fact, they're the only band in history to continue to stay fresh as long as they have.

As I said previously while The Beatles were and are a very influential band they are absolutely the most over rated band in music history. That doesn't mean they aren't a great band. I would argue that U2 is also over rated, but again that doesn't mean that I dont think they are still the best band.

U2 has benefited from having many decades worth of hardcore fans. I actually dont believe there music catalog is as well known as many other acts, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, ABBA, The Eagles, Micheal Jackson, Madonna, all have a lot more well known songs then U2.

I know many people in my own life that if you played them a U2 song they wouldnt know who was singing it.

Still U2 is the best band for me and thats all that matters I don't really give a f*** what the rest of the world thinks.

The Beatles also benefited from being there at the right time and having 4 creative individuals that helped shape a still relatively new form of music known as rock and roll.

Eventually U2 will be regarded as the greatest band of all time.

I wouldn't go that far to say greatest ever. They are my favorite ever but IMO nobody will ever be greater the Beatles. I may fit U2 into the top 10 bands of all time and the top 5 live bands of all time.

And you're right about them just re-releasing their music. That's all they've done for 40 years. They never went on the kinda tours U2 has. People can rip on PopMart all they want, but I've never seen any kind of experimental tour by the Beatles.
U2 is the greatest of all time. Everyone else can suck it. People hate bands who keep on going at full steam longer than they're supposed to. In fact, they're the only band in history to continue to stay fresh as long as they have.

Exactly. Beatles songs themselves are not that great. I like maybe 5 songs, the rest are very overrated. A lot of filler too. And Walrus, Yellow Submarine, Ob-la-di ob-la da are just horrible songs. I'll take cockatoo and atm machine over that crap anyday.

U2 just keep going, keep evolving... across 4 decades and have stuck together. No other band has done this.

If one more person posts about how the Beatles were inconsequential, I'll seriously explode. Doing so shows a complete ignorance of music/music history, and if you know so little about it, best to keep your trap shut and leave it to the people who do know something about it. Arg. Seriously. You sound like ignorant idiots.

If one more person posts about how the Beatles were inconsequential, I'll seriously explode. Doing so shows a complete ignorance of music/music history, and if you know so little about it, best to keep your trap shut and leave it to the people who do know something about it. Arg. Seriously. You sound like ignorant idiots.

The Beatles suck. Yeah, I said it.
They freakin suck. Oh, and I hate John Lennon. He was an overrated nutjob.

The Beatles suck. Yeah, I said it.
They freakin suck. Oh, and I hate John Lennon. He was an overrated nutjob.

Again, wrong. History proves you wrong. It's fine to have that opinion, but it's seriously not fact.

And I actually agree that overall, Lennon is an overrated nutjob. I much prefer McCartney and Harrison, solo.

Did I say that? No. Again, context...which you are seriously missing, and if you are a fan of music in general, you should be ashamed for your lack of knowledge.
I wasn't saying you said that. Are you saying that I said they are inconsequential? I never said that.

I wasn't saying you said that. Are you saying that I said they are inconsequential? I never said that.

No. You said:

Exactly. Beatles songs themselves are not that great. I like maybe 5 songs, the rest are very overrated. A lot of filler too. And Walrus, Yellow Submarine, Ob-la-di ob-la da are just horrible songs. I'll take cockatoo and atm machine over that crap anyday.

U2 just keep going, keep evolving... across 4 decades and have stuck together. No other band has done this.

that basically, all but 5 Beatles songs are not that great. And I'm saying you're wrong, and calling you on it.

I'm not allowed to have an opinion? Are you suggesting I'm an ignorant idiot based on that, is not really fair.

I understand not liking those songs, or those songs not being your thing. I completely support that. But not acknowledging their importance in music history overall? That's what I can't get behind.

I think the fact that in 1966 The Beatles released a song called Tomorrow Never Knows is pretty revolutionary considering what type of music was recorded and released since 1960.

I understand not liking those songs, or those songs not being your thing. I completely support that. But not acknowledging their importance in music history overall? That's what I can't get behind.

I wasn't denying their importance at all. Just a general question for everyone... Do you think it's possible for any band that has come after the beatles, to be better?

I wasn't denying their importance at all. Just a general question for everyone... Do you think it's possible for any band that has come after the beatles, to be better?

Definitely possible, why not ? I consider U2 to be superior than Beatles, musically at least (also possibly lyrically..... but that may be debatable ).

My issue with the Beatles is they had 10 years of productivity and then 40 years of re-releasing the same material over and over and over.

Too bad they couldn't have had just 10 more years of new music output, would have been really cool.

:up::up::up:

:up::up::up: to all of the above except I hate their fans comment.

As I said previously while The Beatles were and are a very influential band they are absolutely the most over rated band in music history. That doesn't mean they aren't a great band. I would argue that U2 is also over rated, but again that doesn't mean that I dont think they are still the best band.

U2 has benefited from having many decades worth of hardcore fans. I actually dont believe there music catalog is as well known as many other acts, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, ABBA, The Eagles, Micheal Jackson, Madonna, all have a lot more well known songs then U2.

I know many people in my own life that if you played them a U2 song they wouldnt know who was singing it.

Still U2 is the best band for me and thats all that matters I don't really give a f*** what the rest of the world thinks.

:up::up::up:

Back
Top Bottom