Songs of Innocence downloaded 26 million times, 81 million 'experienced' songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cant help but wonder if U2 will be asked to perform. That's three months from now...I know we've all done a fair share of complaining about the stripped down acoustic performances...but perhaps B would be ready for a single song like EBW or Miracle if it's the acoustic version? Not saying it'll happen, I want him to take his time recovering and do it right, but it would be nice to look forward too. :shrug:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I cant help but wonder if U2 will be asked to perform. That's three months from now...I know we've all done a fair share of complaining about the stripped down acoustic performances...but perhaps B would be ready for a single song like EBW or Miracle if it's the acoustic version? Not saying it'll happen, I want him to take his time recovering and do it right, but it would be nice to look forward too. :shrug:

I can't see them performing, the awards are Feb 8th and the bicycle accident was Nov 16th.

I can't see them performing, the awards are Feb 8th and the bicycle accident was Nov 16th.

I wasnt thinking full on rocking performance. I was thinking more like Bono seated, maybe holding a mic in his good hand while they do an acoustic EBW with the string section? Especially as it's the new single. :hmm:

The Grammys are around 11 weeks from the date of the accident. If a full recovery period is 12 weeks, it might be possible. (I say 12 weeks as that gives B another 3 months to prepare for the tour. May 14th is almost exactly 6 months from the date of the bike wreck.)

The hipsters don't want their music listened to they want somebody to write music only for them. That's the selfish generation and not what I call hip at all.

Yeah, that's not a thing.

Unless you're talking about the '80s, the Me Decade.

jonah-hill-says-wolf-of-wall-street-behavior-leads-to-a-very-bad-ending.jpg

U2 were successful in getting noticed with the free download.
The iTunes or iPhone users who do not typically listen to this specific genre of music were probably irked with this gift the same as someone who gets irked getting junk mail in their inbox or mailbox. Media hoopla aside, I personally have not heard one complaint from anyone I know who uses an iPhone or iCloud.
I use an android phone, and iTunes on my computer didn't automatically download the album. I had to find it and download it into my iTunes library manually.

Too bad Bono apologized for this.. an apology wasn't necessary whether someone claimed it rude or not. The way I see it, it's rude to reject a gift.

The Albums That Defined 2014: U2's Songs of Innocence release reveals the true master of your music collection | Chart Attack

" if Rolling Stone’s recent designation of Songs of Innocence as the best album of 2014 is any indication, at least remain on the cutting edge of relevance as far as older white men are concerned."

Why does Tom Avis make a point of mentioning the race of the band? Dude, it's not necessary!

" but it speaks volumes about the double standards with which the world tackles the music industry: you’re damned if you play by the rules, and you’re damned if you find a creative way to thwart them. We – Taylor Swift, Trent Reznor, Zoe Keating, Pomplamoose, U2, Radiohead, me – are all just trying to find a way to create and monetize our creations at the same time."

Well said

Back
Top Bottom